BREAKING: House votes YES on measure to secure US-Mexico border, bill passes with Mandatory e-Verify requirement

It's pretty clear by that vote who are the enemies of the Republic.....Plus two gop slags.

BTW OP you should have had the two gop names handy when you made the thread.

"Firstest with the leastest"?

Looking for more info the first thing I read is this.

The legislation, known as the Secure the Border Act of 2023, would mandate that Customs and Border Protection hire and train 22,000 more Border Patrol agents and develop a plan to upgrade existing technology to make sure agents are well equipped.

So far I do not see how the House has planned to pay for this. Just like with all new bills, if it's not funded I do not support it.

House passes Republican border security bill hours before Covid restrictions lift

• Banned
It's pretty clear by that vote who are the enemies of the Republic.....Plus two gop slags.

I found them. Thomas Massie and John Duarte voted against it.

Here we go. Agriculture exempted just like Florida did. Digging deeper I bet there are more exclusions.

The problem: E-Verify is a program that companies use to check the immigration status of their employees, and members worried language that made the program mandatory for all employers would have serious ramifications for the agriculture sector that relies on immigrant labor.

Two people familiar told POLITICO that Republicans will add language to the bill that requires the Department of Homeland Security to consider E-Verify’s impact on the agricultural workforce. The change is expected to be made during Tuesday’s Rules Committee vote — the bill’s final stop before it comes to the floor.

House GOP leaders have struck a deal with key holdouts over E-Verify concerns in the party's border and immigration bill.

This then becomes an open invitation for illegals to come here to seek jobs as the law specifically states there will be no checks on their status.

I found them. Thomas Massie and John Duarte voted against it.

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) has also raised concerns over E-Verify and said he will vote against the bill. It's unclear if the deal will sway him, as he's urged leadership to drop the E-Verify language from the legislation completely.

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) has also raised concerns over E-Verify and said he will vote against the bill. It's unclear if the deal will sway him, as he's urged leadership to drop the E-Verify language from the legislation completely.
It's a damn wonder Ben Cline (R-VA 6) voted for it, he's in the pocket of the poultry cabal.....They hate E-Verify.

Looking for more info the first thing I read is this.

The legislation, known as the Secure the Border Act of 2023, would mandate that Customs and Border Protection hire and train 22,000 more Border Patrol agents and develop a plan to upgrade existing technology to make sure agents are well equipped.

So far I do not see how the House has planned to pay for this. Just like with all new bills, if it's not funded I do not support it.

House passes Republican border security bill hours before Covid restrictions lift
Pay for it with the savings from stopping the invasion of millions of illegals.

What does this do for those who enter illegally? It's akin to making murder illegal. Do laws work?

Just send the 80,000 armed IRS goons. The illegals will turn around if the first person they meet is the taxman.

I don't think so.

Folks that want corporations, to have to require you to use their services, and track and trace you?

That is authoritarian and fascist, IMO.

This is like making the statement, anyone opposed to requiring people to sign up for corporate run health insurance, or state mandated ID, is an enemy of the republic.

IN the 1930s, real conservatives, were vehemently opposed to the social security act, because they felt it smacked of fascism and communism. . . giving everyone a government number, to track them and give them a federal record from birth to death.

And now, you want to call anyone that is opposed to having it all on a federal computerized file, "an enemy of the republic?"

iu

The Dems seem to oppose border security but support E-verify. What is to be done with the illegals already here?

Forum List

Back