🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

The Gun isn't a problem at all, period.

The Problem is that the US has tolerated a perverse species of reasoning that openly rejects God, God's law, and the objective reason that recognizes such.

Bullshit. The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion and that also means freedom from religion.

The problem is a lack of willingness on the part of politicians to try and regulate the out-of-control weapons traffic in this supposedly enlightened society.

What law would have saved those people?

In fact, is there a law to prevent this from happening?
Yes the laws on the books.

Your NRA/GOP perfect world.

We're talking oregon here.
Southern Oregon is conservative, Republican, Christian, GOP, NRA. You don't know the state. BTW, one capitalizes the name of a state: it's a proper noun.

I only give capitals to the states that deserve it,like Texas.
And it works with dipshits like obama as well.
Obviously, being incorrect about a multitude of things is important to you.

Your NRA/GOP perfect world.

We're talking oregon here.
Southern Oregon is conservative, Republican, Christian, GOP, NRA. You don't know the state. BTW, one capitalizes the name of a state: it's a proper noun.

I only give capitals to the states that deserve it,like Texas.
And it works with dipshits like obama as well.
Obviously, being incorrect about a multitude of things is important to you.

Coming from you?
Tells me I'm on the right track.

Laws do not prevent crime, crimes are punished and that is what keeps society relatively safe.

Okay. Laws do not prevent crime, ergo gun control laws do not stop gun violence from happening. Therefore gun control laws, and gun free zones are pointless. If laws are pointless, it doesn't matter how many times someone is punished.

Thanks for making my case.

By that logic, laws against murder are pointless too. After all, people still commit murder, even though it's illegal.

It's not logic, it's a talking point only stupid people or liars echo. Laws do not stop crime, they punish those who commit crimes!

The opinion expressed by TK is too foolish to even offer a rebuttal. People obey the laws for two reasons:

• They believe it is the right thing to do
  • They fear the punishment

12088032_10205250915500192_1809592454037363452_n.jpg

Yes... Laws punish people who act in unsound ways, which is to say ways that a viable culture forbids.

And how cool is it that these cranks are in here touting the punishing effect of laws, while both of them would have the Reader believe that Abortion must be legal, because laws forbidding such... 'would not stop all women from having abortions...' ?

So what they're saying is that Gun-Free Zones are designed to punish people who carry guns... . Guns which the US Constitution lists as the 2nd enumerated priority in the list of protections for the exercise of essential individual rights, that assures the RIGHT to do just THAT!

Therefore, that 'law' is as foolish and counter productive as any other law that comes as a result of Relativism.

It takes LAW... the ONLY purpose for which is the service of Justice, which can ONLY be done where THE LAW is objectively written and objectively ENFORCED... and they write a SUBJECTIVE LAW that is SUBJECTIVELY ENFORCED.

And THAT is why a viable culture can NEVER tolerate Relativism. Because it is IDIOCY that breeds IDIOTS!

Last edited:
Australia had a mass shooting, got rid of the guns and hasn't had one since.

The bottom line is, here in America most of us are willing to put up with these occasional tragedies, but we're not willing to give up our 2nd Amendment rights.
There will be more and more laws and restrictions, but a roundup is off the table.

Glad you have made that decision for everyone. The dead have no constituency.

Said it once, said it a hundred times; what has to happen is that a powerful rightwing lawmaker, unfortunately, will have to lose a child in one of these senseless acts to awaken the rest of the nation to the needless slaughter.

And then what ? Again, you can have all the restrictions for new purchases you want, but that won't put a dent in the hundreds of millions of guns already out among the general population.

Depends on the resulting statutes. I would like to see mandatory minimums for any crime involving a gun (fired or not). So if you hand the bank teller a note demanding money saying that you have a gun, piece, heater, rod, etc..... When you are captured, you're gone for 20 years

The bottom line is, here in America most of us are willing to put up with these occasional tragedies, but we're not willing to give up our 2nd Amendment rights.
There will be more and more laws and restrictions, but a roundup is off the table.

Said it once, said it a hundred times; what has to happen is that a powerful rightwing lawmaker, unfortunately, will have to lose a child in one of these senseless acts to awaken the rest of the nation to the needless slaughter.

And then what ? Again, you can have all the restrictions for new purchases you want, but that won't put a dent in the hundreds of millions of guns already out among the general population.

Depends on the resulting statutes. I would like to see mandatory minimums for any crime involving a gun (fired or not). So if you hand the bank teller a note demanding money saying that you have a gun, piece, heater, rod, etc..... When you are captured, you're gone for 20 years

Oh! I love this game.

I would like to see a Law, wherein, when a law is passed that has the opposite effect as that which the advocates of such stated was the goal of the law, that those who passed the law will forfeit their worldly belongings and their very lives... .

In passing this law, it should not take more than a single generation to erase the means of the Ideological Left to acquire any sense of power.

And in so doing greatly reduce the instances such as that witnessed last night, where people are lulled into execution zones, through the pretense of safety.

"Gun Free Zones" are the modern equivalent of "The Showers".

Oh! I love this game.

I would like to see a Law, wherein, when a law is passed that has the opposite effect as that which the advocates of such stated was the goal of the law, that those who passed the law will forfeit their worldly belongings and their very lives... .

In passing this law, it should not take more than a single generation to erase the means of the Ideological Left to acquire any sense of power.

And in so doing greatly reduce the instances such as that witnessed last night, where people are lulled into execution zones, through the pretense of safety.

And yet more people die in accidental shootings.

I would have no problem with that.

And yet more people die in accidental shootings.
Just like car owners are more likely to get in an auto accident. Time to turn in the keys to your Prius.
sad when the gun savior shoots and kills himself more than he kills criminals.
I don't even know what you're talking about.

Way more people are killed in accidental shootings than criminals are killed in defense.

We are America

Our second amendment rights are more important than our children

Only ten were killed.....think of all the guns that didn't kill anyone today
Daily average abortions 115,000 fetuses.

FIFY. Not babies, just fetuses. Most before 16 weeks.
Plus, it's a totally bullshit, made up number, anyway.

Never expect honesty from jknowgood.
Google it.

Oh! I love this game.

Its amazing to see that head cases such as you are allowed to roam free among the general population.

Yes...the school was a gun free zone.....

That's incorrect.

UPDATE OCT 1, 2015 8:09 PM

The conservative site Breitbart and others assert that guns were banned at UCC. This is not true. The student code of conduct bans guns "without written authorization." Under Oregon law, the university could not ban people with a valid concealed carry license from bringing their weapons on campus. (They could ban gun from various buildings and facilities.) Conservative writer Dana Loesch, who initially claimed the campus was a "gun free zone," updated her article to clarify that individuals with concealed carry permits were allowed to bring guns on campus.

There was, in fact, someone on campus with a concealed carry weapon at the time of the massacre. A local reporter explained to CNN that it was legal for him to have such a weapon on campus.

UCC Was Not A ‘Gun Free Zone’ Because Public Colleges In Oregon Can’t Ban Guns

Okay. Laws do not prevent crime, ergo gun control laws do not stop gun violence from happening. Therefore gun control laws, and gun free zones are pointless. If laws are pointless, it doesn't matter how many times someone is punished.

Thanks for making my case.

By that logic, laws against murder are pointless too. After all, people still commit murder, even though it's illegal.

It's not logic, it's a talking point only stupid people or liars echo. Laws do not stop crime, they punish those who commit crimes!

The opinion expressed by TK is too foolish to even offer a rebuttal. People obey the laws for two reasons:

• They believe it is the right thing to do
  • They fear the punishment
I would say they dont fear the punishment in an amount equal to or more than the reward they feel they would receive by breaking the law.

I would add that they temporarily lose the ability to reason in some instances due to emotional trauma.

I'm not sure who you mean when you wrote "they don't fear the punishment...". Normal Americans, and people in general obey laws because it is the right thing to do. In mass murders, the killer is abnormal.

Others flout the law, usually when they feel they can get away with it or the subculture in which they reside is antisocial and crime is acceptable to their peers.
"They" being the criminals. Normal is subjective. You cant show me a normal person.

Hmmm, Normal people don't commit murder; normal people stop at red lights and normal people have some degree of empathy. Using the term normal is informal, but so is the use of the word criminal, i.e.,
someone who rolls through a stop sign or commits a petty theft vis a vis a person who commits a violent felony.

Forum List

Back