Breaking: Moncton Shooting Suspect Arrested

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
(was there not a thread on this story? Didn't find one)

Globe and Mail:

>> Police in New Brunswick confirmed early Friday that shooting suspect Justin Bourque has been arrested.

Mr. Bourque, 24, wanted in connection with the shooting deaths of three RCMP officers was taken into custody shortly after midnight.

Barricades that had been in place while police scoured the city of Moncton started coming down immediately after word of the arrest began to leak.

A Twitter message from New Brunswick RCMP finally brought some relief to the residents of this city, many of whom had been living in fear since the shootings took place Wednesday evening. <<

Shooter was Raising Huge Red Flags -- National Post Op-Ed

>> After the shooting incidents that left the officers dead and injured, images quickly surfaced on social media that showed a man, in camouflage clothes, carrying what appears (to this writer) to be an M-14 rifle and a pump-action shotgun. The man appears calm and composed, even relaxed, in the photos. Police quickly identified the suspect as Justin Bourque <<

shooter1.jpg

man-cave.jpg

Globe and Mail:

>> Police in New Brunswick confirmed early Friday that shooting suspect Justin Bourque has been arrested.

Mr. Bourque, 24, wanted in connection with the shooting deaths of three RCMP officers was taken into custody shortly after midnight.

Barricades that had been in place while police scoured the city of Moncton started coming down immediately after word of the arrest began to leak.

A Twitter message from New Brunswick RCMP finally brought some relief to the residents of this city, many of whom had been living in fear since the shootings took place Wednesday evening. <<

Like I said before on other tread: The RCMP always get their man.

Globe and Mail:

Where exactly is that "other thread"? I could find nothing.

Globe and Mail:

I don't want to go there because I have a built in natural aversion to vomiting, and I have no desire to bring back the crap that an insane poster, known as "NUTZ" foisted on the unsuspecting world.

BTW, unless my recollection is totally wrong, you have been part of that thread with your comments/posts.

I don't want to go there because I have a built in natural aversion to vomiting, and I have no desire to bring back the crap that an insane poster, known as "NUTZ" foisted on the unsuspecting world.

BTW, unless my recollection is totally wrong, you have been part of that thread with your comments/posts.

Oh that thread.

I thought you referred to another thread about this story. Strangely I didn't find one. I agree, that thread is trés bizarre and deserves to die.

More on Justin Borque:

>> The world’s impression of Bourque comes largely from the angry screeds he posted on a Facebook page he created in February, in which he rants about the rights of gun owners, the abuses of police and quotes the lyrics of songs by heavy metal band Megadeath. <<

(Megadeth? Calling TheNutHouse...)

>> But more recently, Bourque had become close with a group of individuals who enjoyed firing guns, hunting and who worked at a survivalist equipment store, World’s End Warehouse. He also became increasingly swayed by the debate in the United States about the rights of gun owners, which has been echoed in Canadian politics in recent years.

... But the mystery surrounding Bourque is what apparently pushed a young man to a murderous rampage.

“I never took him seriously, but he always said he wanted to go out with a bang and bring people with him,” former Walmart colleague Caitlin Isaac told Business Insider.
The publication also quoted another friend, Mike Campbell, who recalled a conversation with Bourque just a few weeks ago.

“I told him, ‘Get hold of me later.’ And he was like, ‘I don’t know. . . You take care, Mike. You have a good life.’ ” <<

More to follow, no doubt.

Forum List

Back