Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Yes, God forbid American Workers prosper in the wealthiest nation on earth. How dare they. Seriously, some of my Republican friends should really listen to themselves sometime. They sound so hateful and greedy. I'm ashamed of them sometimes.

Nah, they'll be less inclined to spit in your soda if they're making a decent wage. You definitely want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants. Trust me, it's for the best.

You do realize that your argument is essentially blackmail, right? What if the baby sitter said "Pay me double and I promise not to rape little Timmy"?

Yes, God forbid American Workers prosper in the wealthiest nation on earth. How dare they. Seriously, some of my Republican friends should really listen to themselves sometime. They sound so hateful and greedy. I'm ashamed of them sometimes.

Nobody forces anyone to work at Walmart, or McDonalds. More importantly, nobody forces anyone to spend their money there.

Like it or not, you need unskilled and skilled workers. Your Business can't survive without them. So if you're not willing to pay, it's time for you to close your Business and go do something else. It wasn't meant to be. It's thinning the herd. It's survival of the fittest.
Hey genius...There is an endless supply of low skilled workers. Every single fast food restaurant, dept store and convenience store employs them. And for every one that thinks like you, there are 10 more willing to roll that asshole across the parking lot to take their job.

How's that a good thing for Workers? Not seeing where they're coming out ahead on that. Low skilled Workers wanna get paid too. See, Workers know not to depend on greedy folks like you to help them out. That's why they're standing up for themselves. And good for them. If they don't stand up for themselves, who will?... You?? Ha, not gonna happen.
The entry level/low skilled worker "gets ahead" by increasing their skill set, learning a trade or furthering their education.
The Seattle low skill worker is not standing up for anything. They lean on the crutch of government to "get" them something.
The concept of the prevailing market rate wage is not intended to be a good or bad thing. It is an island. It operates exclusively of opinion. It is what it is. And no government mandate can change that fact.
There may eventually be some workers that will be paid the unrealistic minimum wage in Seattle, but one thing is clear, there will be a lot fewer of them....Full time employment for this skill level will all but disappear. This will also reduce teen employment. Kids that want to work for a little spending money or to save up, will be excluded from the job market because no business is going to pay a high school kid fifteen or even ten dollars per hour.
They said the same thing back when they were talking about raising minimum wage from $4 to $5 and the sky didn't fall.

You do realize that a 9 to 15 raise is much more significant don't you?

And 15 an hour or 31200 a year is a salary that requires some skill and training.

So you are basically saying that people who have worked to increase their skill set are no better than those who can't do anything but stuff crap into a bag

You need those people stuffing crap into bags. Most Americans are way too fat and lazy to do it themselves. It's Supply & Demand. Low skilled workers wanna get paid too. Nothing wrong with that.

Nah, they'll be less inclined to spit in your soda if they're making a decent wage. You definitely want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants. Trust me, it's for the best.

You do realize that your argument is essentially blackmail, right? What if the baby sitter said "Pay me double and I promise not to rape little Timmy"?

Well, then pay a babysitter less and risk having little Timmy raped. That's your call.

Low skilled workers wanna get paid too. Nothing wrong with that.

Broke, ugly men wanna get supermodel sex too. Nothing wrong with that. We should pass a minimum sex law, that requires people who have the most attractiveness to spread their attractiveness around with at least 15 ugly people a month.

Well, then pay a babysitter less and risk having little Timmy raped. That's your call.

Or, I could roast the babysitter's head over an open flame and display it on the front lawn. But I think I'll just make my call to the police, and find a new baby sitter.

So don't own a restaurant or eat in one in Seattle. Or eat in restaurants where they pay their workers shit wages and they spit on your cheeseburger. Problem solved. Bon Appetit.

What is a shit wage? Once they get $15, they'll still be on minimum and demand more. They'll spit in burgers regardless of money they make.

I don't think they're doing it to good customers. Now if you're an asshole to them, then you should worry.

Trust me, you really do want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants especially. But happy & prosperous workers make for better workers overall. They're proud of their work and happy to serve.

You never told us how much is a fair wage. Lets say that everyone is doing exactly the same job, how much should they be paid? Is it the same in NYC as in Fargo ND? Is it the same for a single guy living with his parents as for a married guy with 4 kids? Is it the same for a teenager working for pocket money as for a single mom?

And finally, who decides what is a fair wage? Who is this omnipitant wage setter?

I've asked that question a thousand times here. What is a decent livable wage in America today? I've asked people to put a number on it. Most decline and run as far away from the question as fast as possible. So i'll ask you too. What do you think is a decent livable wage for average Americans? Put a number out there.

Broke, ugly men wanna get supermodel sex too. Nothing wrong with that. We should pass a minimum sex law, that requires people who have the most attractiveness to spread their attractiveness around with at least 15 ugly people a month.

You shouldn't despise your fellow Americans so much. They're just average folks struggling along trying to get by. They'll never have that private yacht or numerous servants waiting on em. They know that. They just wanna make a decent livable wage.

Well, it if were left up to you greedy Corporate-bootlickers, GM Employees would have been making McDonalds wages. That's why American Workers don't count on people like you to stand up for em. They have to stand up for themselves instead.

So they wanted to make more money for themselves and their families? Nothing wrong with that. More power to em. Like i said, if GM Workers never stood up, you bootlickers would have had em making McDonalds and Walmart wages. All Workers should stand up for themselves. That's how shit gets done. Period, end of story.

Oh yeah, they stud up for themselves and voted for two-tier wages. Democracy at work got old worker wages (Tier 1 - average $27/hr) intact and new worker wages slash in half (Tier 2 - $15.50/hr). Now they're crying how two-tier plan is not fair and demand changes. But it was fair when they were saving their asses, right?

What do you care? You weren't paying em. They got what they could get. And like i said, if it were left up to Corporate-bootlickers like you, GM Workers would have made McDonalds and Walmart wages. You really should reconsider licking Corporate boots so much. Try standing up for the workin man sometime. Give it a shot.

If you buy a GM car, you are paying them.

Don't buy a GM car. Problem solved.

What is a shit wage? Once they get $15, they'll still be on minimum and demand more. They'll spit in burgers regardless of money they make.

I don't think they're doing it to good customers. Now if you're an asshole to them, then you should worry.

Trust me, you really do want happy & prosperous workers waiting on you in restaurants especially. But happy & prosperous workers make for better workers overall. They're proud of their work and happy to serve.

You never told us how much is a fair wage. Lets say that everyone is doing exactly the same job, how much should they be paid? Is it the same in NYC as in Fargo ND? Is it the same for a single guy living with his parents as for a married guy with 4 kids? Is it the same for a teenager working for pocket money as for a single mom?

And finally, who decides what is a fair wage? Who is this omnipitant wage setter?

I've asked that question a thousand times here. What is a decent livable wage in America today? I've asked people to put a number on it. Most decline and run as far away from the question as fast as possible. So i'll ask you too. What do you think is a decent livable wage for average Americans? Put a number out there.

there is no one number that covers everyone. Thats the point. wages should be set by supply and demand. neurosurgeons make more than garbage collectors, because the supply is very small and the demand is very high.

Well, it if were left up to you greedy Corporate-bootlickers, GM Employees would have been making McDonalds wages. That's why American Workers don't count on people like you to stand up for em. They have to stand up for themselves instead.

So they wanted to make more money for themselves and their families? Nothing wrong with that. More power to em. Like i said, if GM Workers never stood up, you bootlickers would have had em making McDonalds and Walmart wages. All Workers should stand up for themselves. That's how shit gets done. Period, end of story.

Oh yeah, they stud up for themselves and voted for two-tier wages. Democracy at work got old worker wages (Tier 1 - average $27/hr) intact and new worker wages slash in half (Tier 2 - $15.50/hr). Now they're crying how two-tier plan is not fair and demand changes. But it was fair when they were saving their asses, right?

What do you care? You weren't paying em. They got what they could get. And like i said, if it were left up to Corporate-bootlickers like you, GM Workers would have made McDonalds and Walmart wages. You really should reconsider licking Corporate boots so much. Try standing up for the workin man sometime. Give it a shot.

If you buy a GM car, you are paying them.

Don't buy a GM car. Problem solved.

I never will. I drive a mercedes and a BMW, both assembled in the USA in non-union factories in the south.

So don't own a restaurant or eat in one in Seattle. Or eat in restaurants where they pay their workers shit wages and they spit on your cheeseburger. Problem solved. Bon Appetit.

Trust me, you're an idiot if you think people who feel entitled and aggrieved enough to behave unprofessionally are suddenly going to morph into happy, professionally competent worker bees just because you pandered to them. They'll simply find some OTHER reason to feel put-upon and justify their bad behavior.

Nah, you're just buying into hateful Corporate Propaganda. A happy & prosperous worker, is a better worker for the most part. And if you eat in restaurants often, you better hope the workers are happy & prosperous.

You got no clue what greed is.

But I can tell you, I hate freeloaders.

there is no one number that covers everyone. Thats the point. wages should be set by supply and demand. neurosurgeons make more than garbage collectors, because the supply is very small and the demand is very high.

Ah come on, you're dodging. Forget all the Corporate Propaganda and Politics. What do you personally feel is a decent livable wage for an average American Worker in today's America?

It's not an argument. He was saying what he was doing...

Nobody forces anyone to work at Walmart, or McDonalds. More importantly, nobody forces anyone to spend their money there.

Ah, give the workin stiffs a break. They're not asking for riches. They're just asking for a decent livable wage. I don't think that's too much to ask of the richest nation on earth.

Yeah, raping Timmy has excuse. And it's parent fault.

Well, I could offer you to babysit two goats. I won't care if you're unhappy, although goats might complain.

Or, I could roast the babysitter's head over an open flame and display it on the front lawn. But I think I'll just make my call to the police, and find a new baby sitter.

Well then you don't really need a babysitter. If you did, you would pay whatever it takes to make sure your children are in safe hands. Not a wise move goin the cheapskate route when it comes to your children. Pay what it takes.

Everyone should be able to fuck the prom queen.

Forum List

Back