Breaking News. SCOTUS rejects the premature Special Counsel bid to rule on his cases

georgia.
lol ... letitia's case was civil, so you shouldn't even have included that. but anyhoo - it's a done deal.
<snicker> too many flippers, including mark meadows - mean otherwise.
d'oh!
sure.
We'll see. The smart ones said before that Jack Smith had the best cases, Ooooooooops.
Mark Meadows? Yeah, okay. In Federal Court? Fani is in wayyyyyyyyy over her head.
Then Trump's lawyers see Fani's case, again, and again...Trump guilty of questioning an election???

1703289449520.png
...So Trump has Fani's play book to beat her with, no problemo.

Not sure if you read this far, but Fani's challenges are daunting, and she is ill equipped to deal with them.

Willis also faces the reality that, even if the federal district judge is sympathetic, the removal motions will need to be reviewed on appeal. They involve challenging questions over the scope of not just laws like the Hatch Act but the duties of federal officials like Meadows. That could place those cases on a different trajectory for months.
The trial courts will have to render decisions on major constitutional challenges, including free-speech claims, before trial. However, defendants are generally forced to go to trial before they receive a full appellate review of such questions; since they have not been convicted, it is often viewed as premature to render an appellate decision. These are certainly unprecedented cases that could prompt review, but the defendants cannot count on such an intervention. Yet, while the appellate courts may allow the criminal cases to proceed to verdicts, these severance and removal motions could result in more narrow reviews on the appellate level.

Trump's trial will be the last one, way way out in the future.

Jack Smith isn’t political. You are.

Jack Smith isn’t trying to delay the trial in Florida. That is, yet again, Trump.

Your hypothetical assertion is disproven by facts.
I don't believe you and I are going to reach consensus on this issue.

I've made my case and I believe it was a good one.

I appreciate the civil discussion.

If we don't interact again before the holiday...have a Merry Christmas.

I don't believe you and I are going to reach consensus on this issue.

I've made my case and I believe it was a good one.

I appreciate the civil discussion.

If we don't interact again before the holiday...have a Merry Christmas.
I believe I demonstrated your case does not reflect reality.

Take your time coming up with a rebuttal. I can see it isn’t going to be easy.

Why? You know it's going there anyway. This is just another case of them giving tRump what he wants, the delay.

Again, the trial will not be delayed. This does allow Trump to appeal to the Supreme Court if found guilty.

Now if the court had taken it now and said he had immunity there is no case. They didn't.

January 9th the trial starts.
That's the DC Appeals court trial on the question of immunity only.

If they return a verdict that President Trump is immune from prosecution based on his argument that he was acting in his official role as President... which I believe is likely...I don't know that Smith has a basis for appeal. He might...I just don't know

I know that if they rule against the immunity... President Trump can appeal to Scotus.

The question of immunity must be decided to before any other trials can begin.

Like I said previously, Trump has the right to test the validity of his immunity argument against both the appeals court and Scotus just like any other citizen.

That's the DC Appeals court trial on the question of immunity only.

The trials start in January. They will be over well before the elections one way or the other.

If they return a verdict that President Trump is immune from prosecution based on his argument that he was acting in his official role as President... which I believe is likely...I don't know that Smith has a basis for appeal. He might...I just don't know

I know that if they rule against the immunity... President Trump can appeal to Scotus.

The question of immunity must be decided to before any other trials can begin.

Like I said previously, Trump has the right to test the validity of his immunity argument against both the appeals court and Scotus just like any other citizen.

If anyone rules anyone is immune from our laws, I hope people start burning things down.

Forum List

Back