Breaking News: U.S. Supreme Court Stops Gay Marriage In Utah

No one, Kaz, has said this "You keep reminding us you believe gay marriage to be less of a commitment to your partner than a straight marriage" thus you are lying.

Step off.

No worries Jake. I know it's Kaz trying to justify his hypocrisy on legal marriage. He's the "reluctant hypocrite" because his wife made him.

This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.

Supreme Court puts gay marriage on hold in Utah | Fox News

The Supreme Court on Monday put gay marriage on hold in Utah, giving the state time to appeal a federal judge's ruling against Utah's same-sex marriage ban.

The court issued a brief order Monday blocking any new same-sex unions in the state. The ruling comes after a Dec. 20 ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby that the state's ban on same-sex marriage violates gay and lesbian couples' constitutional rights.

You do realize this is just a procedural issue, right? The injunction is appropriate while the matter is pending appeal, in order to preserve the status quo. This has nothing to do with the merits of the case.

Yep. But thems are big wurds fer Stevie. Wait until you witness his and the USMB Wingnut Brigade's meltdown when the SC inevitably rule in favor of marriage equality in Utah, and then the entire country. That will be good times, good times indeed.

What does "gay themed" mean? Does a gay character makes it "gay themed"?
No, the actor alone will not make it a gay themed film. A film like "Another Gay Movie" would be considered a gay themed film, even if the actors are not gay. As for gay actors or performers, I have no issues. For instance, I was a fan of Freddy Mercury, but I only listened to his music. I did not watch him perform in any gay themed event (such as a gay parade, or a gay wedding ceremony).

I did not say gay actor, I said a gay character. Will a gay character in a film or show cause you not to watch that show or movie?
If his being gay is the punchline of the movie, then I would have to answer yes. Otherwise, if the movie has no explicit scenes, then no.

No one, Kaz, has said this "You keep reminding us you believe gay marriage to be less of a commitment to your partner than a straight marriage" thus you are lying.

Step off.

No worries Jake. I know it's Kaz trying to justify his hypocrisy on legal marriage. He's the "reluctant hypocrite" because his wife made him.

Again, a road we've traveled down. Per our prior discussions and repeated here, I've said my value is that if something matters more to my wife than me, then I'm going to do it her way. She does the same for me on other topics. This matters more to her. With your obsession with having a government marriage, frankly, you should get her view more than I do.

So again you repeat, even if something is more important to my wife, I should demand my way or I'm a "hypocrite." So again, you're saying that gay marriage isn't the same. You're going to think of yourself first and only consider your partner when you agree with her. Shame on you.

No one, Kaz, has said this "You keep reminding us you believe gay marriage to be less of a commitment to your partner than a straight marriage" thus you are lying Step off.

I know the left and the center and responsible conservatives have hypocrites, as well, but such as kaz and Ms Hattie (koshergrl) and some of the others from the wing nut brigade on the far right and truly amazing in their self deceit.

No one, Kaz, has said this "You keep reminding us you believe gay marriage to be less of a commitment to your partner than a straight marriage" thus you are lying Step off.

I know the left and the center and responsible conservatives have hypocrites, as well, but such as kaz and Ms Hattie (koshergrl) and some of the others from the wing nut brigade on the far right and truly amazing in their self deceit.

I hope you're not married. If you're divorced, I think we know why.

I have been married twice. My first wife died after four children had been borne to us. I was most fortunate to marry a second time to a woman my children have come to love. The oldest daughter has died. We have know joy and grief, laughter and tears, from the light into the shade and back.

kaz, I hope your laugh may be half as full as mine, for you will be incredibly blessed.

I have been married twice. My first wife died after four children had been borne to us. I was most fortunate to marry a second time to a woman my children have come to love. The oldest daughter has died. We have know joy and grief, laughter and tears, from the light into the shade and back.

kaz, I hope your laugh may be half as full as mine, for you will be incredibly blessed.

I wish nothing but the best for you and wish what you've endured on no one. I'm glad you feel blessed and wish you always to feel that way.

So tell me based on what you just said, you seriously agree with Seawytch that it's "hypocrisy" that I don't get a government divorce from my wife which would give me merely satisfaction that I am following my political ideology, but as a conservative Christian would be devastating to her?

My value is if something is clearly more important to her, then that is what I do. And that value is more important to me than ending government marriage. So explain the hypocrisy you were agreeing with her on, you sure don't sound like someone who views marriage that way that sorry babe, I'm not doing it if I don't agree with it.

She has said BTW that she's OK with government getting out of the marriage business, but until they do, she wants to have it.

Last edited:
Seawytch is now beating the official drum of what s/he knows is the hinge of the pending SCOTUS argument for gays: "we are born this way!".

Except for the identical twin girls I know who were raised by a butch and femme lesbian couple. One twin is a lesbian, the other straight. Oops there goes Seawytch's entire premise out the window.

More likely sexual orientation is learned. Let's check in with the scientists on the question, since in Court, they're going to be cited or even cross examined:

"Born this way" doesn't necessarily mean it's as straight forward as a gene. Particularly since gay/straight is not just binary, it's a curve. There are levels of both gayness and straightness. Some people are solidly gay, some are solidly straight, some more just lean one way or the other. That one set of twins is one and the other and they have the same genes just means they both could have gone either way.

Furthermore, even for those who lean one way or the other and the gay/straight is influenced by the environment, there is absolutely no reason to believe it's just the example they see overtly regarding straight/gay, it would be a combination of environmental factors. It could be that in this case that one going one way would influence the other to be the other.

Life and cause and effect are just rarely that simple.

Don't bother trying to debate Silly. She's a one-note troll, basically a human spambot.

Some things are true no matter how much you would rather they not be. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Simply because groups of people want to redefine it doesn't mean these new relationships are marriage.

When marriage became an action of the government instead of the church, religious people lost the ability to define anything about it. The government is now in control of defining marriage.

Well since the government defines the poverty level in this country, let's just define everyone as rich through government decree. That will end poverty in the country overnight.

Needless to say marriage is never going to include same sex relationships. Nor will cats become poor. Nor will squares become round by calling them circles. Nor will the poor become rich just because the government says so.

Definitions can, and do, change. What was rich in the '50s is not the same level as rich today. What was the standard for electrical wiring in the past is not the same today. The word "gay" used to mean happy, and it's now a term for a homosexual.

The majority of voters in over a dozen states disagree with your outdated definition, and have changed it as a result. Whether you condone this change or not is irrelevant. America is, and will continue, shifting towards including same sex couples into the definition of "Marriage".

I wish nothing but the best for you and wish what you've endured on no one. I'm glad you feel blessed and wish you always to feel that way.

So tell me based on what you just said, you seriously agree with Seawytch that it's "hypocrisy" that I don't get a government divorce from my wife which would give me merely satisfaction that I am following my political ideology, but as a conservative Christian would be devastating to her?

My value is if something is clearly more important to her, then that is what I do. And that value is more important to me than ending government marriage. So explain the hypocrisy you were agreeing with her on, you sure don't sound like someone who views marriage that way that sorry babe, I'm not doing it if I don't agree with it.

She has said BTW that she's OK with government getting out of the marriage business, but until they do, she wants to have it.

Thank you. To Seawytch: I think you are misrepresenting what she is saying.

As long as the government is in the marriage business (I prefer the government to do civil unions and churches to do private marriages), yes, same sex couples should have the same benefits as do you and I.

As long as the government is in the marriage business (I prefer the government to do civil unions and churches to do private marriages), yes, same sex couples should have the same benefits as do you and I.

Exactly. If the government only did "civil unions", and "marriage" was a function unique to the church, then this entire argument would be flipped upside down.

She has stated and repeated that I should divorce my wife because I oppose government marriage. I've made the points that it's far more important to my wife many times, she blows it off and says I should divorce her anyway. I am misunderstanding and misstating nothing.

Last edited:

Exactly. If the government only did "civil unions", and "marriage" was a function unique to the church, then this entire argument would be flipped upside down.

There should be no government "civil unions." I don't just oppose the word marriage with regard to government. Government should not be involved in this. If a couple want to back up their marriage with a contract, that's for them to specify. But civil unions are just an end around the word. It should not be a function of government.

There should be no government "civil unions." I don't just oppose the word marriage with regard to government. Government should not be involved in this. If a couple want to back up their marriage with a contract, that's for them to specify. But civil unions are just an end around the word. It should not be a function of government.

The government has to be involved and will continue to be involved however all this shakes out.

She has stated and repeated that I should divorce my wife because I oppose government marriage. I've made the points that it's far more important to my wife many times, she blows it off and says I should divorce her anyway. I am misunderstanding and misstating nothing.

You are misrepresenting her statement. And, yes, government has to be involved in the public interest, whether by civil union or marriage, which has to be open to all citizens equally.

Last edited:

Now you're just making shit up in a fit of pique. I never told you to divorce your wife so stop acting the drama queen.

Being a reluctant hypocrite is still a hypocrite. You speak against the idea of gays having access to the exact same rights, benefits and privileges you enjoy...even if you don't like enjoying them. It's still hypocritical whether you feel you were "forced" into it or not.

Forum List

Back