Breaking News: U.S. Supreme Court Stops Gay Marriage In Utah

And yet Jesus actually spoke out against divorce, unlike homosexuality so please help me understand how it is that you have "no problem" with divorced people but turn off the TV if it gets the ghey on it?

Luke 16:18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery"

Mark 10:2-12

2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

And the far left racist makes the far left propaganda posts to try and back their racist stance.

BTW: Being "GAY" is not a race.

You still haven't explained how pointing out the concept of separate but equal is racist but perhaps that is a side effect of your odd Tourettes.

Nobody said gay is a race, but sexual orientation is an innate trait and the discrimination faced has startling parallels.

And you still have to drag up race in your so called debates, yet refuse to admit that you really are a racist.

Then again the far left is known for using the race card every chance they get then denying it.

Actually you keep associating gay marriage to interracial marriage so yes you are claimi8ng that being gay is a race. Time to fess up.

It is no different than those that claimed Hitler was a racist for what he did to the Jews.

Civil Unions provide the same rights other than access to social Security. It has no real difference other than that.

Why make a big deal out of using the term "marriage" unless it is about revenge and making the church pay for calling you an Obamanation of nature.

Like I have pointed out it is not about "civil" rights it is about revenge and punishing the church and making them accept you. Just fess up to it, that is the real reason and that is why the church pushes back.

So a JoP whose faith dictates whites shouldn't marry blacks is justified in not performing interracial marriages? Jesus actually spoke against divorce. Should a Christian JoP be able to use his faith and not marry divorced people?
Most of us have no issues with interracial marriage and divorce. However, under these exceptional circumstances, the JoP would have no alternative but to resign from his job.

And yet Jesus actually spoke out against divorce, unlike homosexuality so please help me understand how it is that you have "no problem" with divorced people but turn off the TV if it gets the ghey on it?

Luke 16:18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery"

2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

I regards to divorce, I am happily married, and have been for over a decade. However, I have not ever attended a divorce ceremony. I don't even think there are any official divorce ceremonies? In our society, we have gay themed events (like gay parades in SF), however it's hard to find any divorce themed event. That's why it's a non issue.

Most of us have no issues with interracial marriage and divorce. However, under these exceptional circumstances, the JoP would have no alternative but to resign from his job.

I regards to divorce, I am happily married, and have been for over a decade. However, I have not ever attended a divorce ceremony. I don't even think there are any official divorce ceremonies? In our society, we have gay themed events (like gay parades in SF), however it's hard to find any divorce themed event. That's why it's a non issue.

Okay, so you don't turn the TV off if there are gay people on it, just if they are getting married?

Yes, sincere. I sincerely want you to push for this legislation. Honest and truly.

I'll give your view all due consideration. Ignore the flushing sound...

Is the flushing sound your proposed legislation going down the drain? What would that look like, your legislation? Are you removing all reference to marriage from government documents or going the cheap and easy way and just ending the tax breaks?

Are you going to lobby the far left to make it equal and fair?

A man with children pays more in taxes than a female with children making the same amount of money.

And what makes you think that being "married" get all these tax breaks that civil unions don't get?

Okay, so you don't turn the TV off if there are gay people on it, just if they are getting married?

Someone has been watching to much Bravo channel.

Saying something must be, because that's the way its been, is a fallacy of logic.

Some things are true no matter how much you would rather they not be. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Simply because groups of people want to redefine it doesn't mean these new relationships are marriage.

When marriage became an action of the government instead of the church, religious people lost the ability to define anything about it. The government is now in control of defining marriage.

Well since the government defines the poverty level in this country, let's just define everyone as rich through government decree. That will end poverty in the country overnight.

Needless to say marriage is never going to include same sex relationships. Nor will cats become poor. Nor will squares become round by calling them circles. Nor will the poor become rich just because the government says so.

I will not participate in any gay themed event, however I still interact will everyone. I get along with everyone. As for TV, same thing, I will watch a movie no problem if some of the actors are gay, assuming it's not a gay themed film.

And the far left racist makes the far left propaganda posts to try and back their racist stance.

You still haven't explained how pointing out the concept of separate but equal is racist but perhaps that is a side effect of your odd Tourettes.

Nobody said gay is a race, but sexual orientation is an innate trait and the discrimination faced has startling parallels.

And you still have to drag up race in your so called debates, yet refuse to admit that you really are a racist.
Then again the far left is known for using the race card every chance they get then denying it.

Actually you keep associating gay marriage to interracial marriage so yes you are claimi8ng that being gay is a race. Time to fess up.

It is no different than those that claimed Hitler was a racist for what he did to the Jews.

I'm going to tell you what I tell my kids...honey, until you know what the word means, you shouldn't use it indiscriminately.

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.​

So, pointing out the parallels between the discrimination faced by interracial couples wanting to marry and gay and lesbian couples wanting to marry is not racism.

Civil Unions provide the same rights other than access to social Security. It has no real difference other than that.

No they don't and I have already provided you links that support that. It's not "just" Social Security. You are also skipping over that whole separate but equal issue that was found to be unconstitutional. Saying straights get one thing and gays get another runs afoul of that. Now, Civil Unions for all would not and I fully support that. You?

Why make a big deal out of using the term "marriage" unless it is about revenge and making the church pay for calling you an Obamanation of nature.

Like I have pointed out it is not about "civil" rights it is about revenge and punishing the church and making them accept you. Just fess up to it, that is the real reason and that is why the church pushes back.

The church has absolutely nothing to do with legal, civil marriage. If you don't want "the gheys" to use the term marriage, change it for everyone.

I will not participate in any gay themed event, however I still interact will everyone. I get along with everyone. As for TV, same thing, I will watch a movie no problem if some of the actors are gay, assuming it's not a gay themed film.

What does "gay themed" mean? Does a gay character makes it "gay themed"?

I'll give your view all due consideration. Ignore the flushing sound...

Is the flushing sound your proposed legislation going down the drain? What would that look like, your legislation? Are you removing all reference to marriage from government documents or going the cheap and easy way and just ending the tax breaks?

Are you going to lobby the far left to make it equal and fair?

A man with children pays more in taxes than a female with children making the same amount of money.

And what makes you think that being "married" get all these tax breaks that civil unions don't get?

Kaz is the one that wants to get the gubmit out of marriage, ask him what his legislative plans are.

I'm going to need an actual link for your claim that a male parent pays more taxes than a female parent.

Married people get tax breaks, darling. Didn't realize this was news to some people. On average married people pay out 29% of their combined income while a single person at the same amount pays 35% on average.

No, the actor alone will not make it a gay themed film. A film like "Another Gay Movie" would be considered a gay themed film, even if the actors are not gay. As for gay actors or performers, I have no issues. For instance, I was a fan of Freddy Mercury, but I only listened to his music. I did not watch him perform in any gay themed event (such as a gay parade, or a gay wedding ceremony).

"...Oh wow...so you don't just want to keep the gheys from marrying, you want to round 'em up and put 'em on an island. Or do you want to exterminate like Russia and Uganda?..."
More Gay-Lobby hyperbole. Pure invention, 180-degrees out from what had been said. Disingenuous. Pure horseshit.

"...And despite being asked repeatedly, you've still yet to detail this supposed societal harm. Saying the gheys are 'harmful' over and over doesn't make your case. Icky isn't harmful..."
How can you hope to counterpoint the real underlying reasons for opposition to homosexuality unless you understand those reasons?

How can you hope to understand those reasons unless you can objectively identify and contemplate those reasons on your own?

My recital (or, indeed, recital by anyone) will merely put you into instinctive counter-argument mode, without giving those reasons the serious reflection required in order to effectively deal with them.

You need to conjure those up on your own, and weigh their merits, and see the other side of the argument, before you can hope to sustain a long-term resistance to what is almost certainly coming as blowback in the next few years.

As to 'my case'... I have no case to make... I have no dog in this 'fight' - except as an amused observer - someone who laughs at the way the Gays shoot themselves in the foot time-and-again, without regard for the blowback that is coming their way.

I know why many Straight Folk don't want homosexuality to be legitimized - in terms of detriment to and poisoning of society - there are several reasons, some of which should not be very difficult to conjure.

But that's for you to do, if you want to continue to hold your own beyond the spectrum of short-term victories that you've chalked-up so far over the objections of much of mainstream America. When you figure it out, you'll be better prepared to address those objections. But it requires effort on your part.

I am not sympathetic to your cause, nor do I have any interest in doing your homework for you.

Suffice it to say, that mainstream America sees you in a different and far less favorable light than you allow yourselves to believe, and that it has seen its elected legislators and political leadership kowtow to the Gay Lobby, and that mainstream America is not happy over such developments.

It is extremely difficult to win people over in such visceral matters if you don't feel (you don't have to agree with) what they're feeling.

And you can't do that unless those thoughts occur to you, rather than simply hearing a recital by someone else, a recital that you will instinctively move to counter-argue without letting it sink-in that this is primarily an emotional issue, and dealing with it on that level.

The reasons have to occur to you, without help from the outside, if they are to be of any use to you in weathering the storm that may be coming.

"...By the way Rip Van Winkle, "most people" don't feel the way you do about the gheys..."
I would not have resorted to juvenile labeling like that in my dealings with you, but I'm not all that surprised to be on the receiving end of a bit of hostility from Gay Folk and their sympaticos merely for expressing a contrary opinion about their practices, etc.

Denigrating the opposition is not unique to the Gay Lobby but the Gay Lobby has a nasty reputation for going overboard in that very department. Typical.

More to the point, though... you put a lot of faith in 'surveys' and 'polls'.

I submit that public reaction to the 2012 Chick-Fil-A incident and the 2013 A&E incident are probably a better true barometer than some of the surveys currently extant.

It's entirely possible that I'm wrong about some of this.

But my Spidey-Sense tells me that I'm probably on the right track.

Last edited:

No, the actor alone will not make it a gay themed film. A film like "Another Gay Movie" would be considered a gay themed film, even if the actors are not gay. As for gay actors or performers, I have no issues. For instance, I was a fan of Freddy Mercury, but I only listened to his music. I did not watch him perform in any gay themed event (such as a gay parade, or a gay wedding ceremony).

I did not say gay actor, I said a gay character. Will a gay character in a film or show cause you not to watch that show or movie?

"...Oh wow...so you don't just want to keep the gheys from marrying, you want to round 'em up and put 'em on an island. Or do you want to exterminate like Russia and Uganda?..."
More Gay-Lobby hyperbole. Pure invention, 180-degrees out from what had been said. Disingenuous. Pure horseshit.

"...And despite being asked repeatedly, you've still yet to detail this supposed societal harm. Saying the gheys are 'harmful' over and over doesn't make your case. Icky isn't harmful..."
How can you hope to counterpoint the real underlying reasons for opposition to homosexuality unless you understand those reasons?

How can you hope to understand those reasons unless you can objectively identify and contemplate those reasons on your own?

My recital (or, indeed, recital by anyone) will merely put you into instinctive counter-argument mode, without giving those reasons the serious reflection required in order to effectively deal with them.

You need to conjure those up on your own, and weigh their merits, and see the other side of the argument, before you can hope to sustain a long-term resistance to what is almost certainly coming as blowback in the next few years.

As to 'my case'... I have no case to make... I have no dog in this 'fight' - except as an amused observer - someone who laughs at the way the Gays shoot themselves in the foot time-and-again, without regard for the blowback that is coming their way.

I know why many Straight Folk don't want homosexuality to be legitimized - in terms of detriment to and poisoning of society - there are several reasons, some of which should not be very difficult to conjure.

But that's for you to do, if you want to continue to hold your own beyond the spectrum of short-term victories that you've chalked-up so far over the objections of much of mainstream America. When you figure it out, you'll be better prepared to address those objections. But it requires effort on your part.

I am not sympathetic to your cause, nor do I have any interest in doing your homework for you.

Suffice it to say, that mainstream America sees you in a different and far less favorable light than you allow yourselves to believe, and that it has seen its elected legislators and political leadership kowtow to the Gay Lobby, and that mainstream America is not happy over such developments.

It is extremely difficult to win people over in such visceral matters if you don't feel (you don't have to agree with) what they're feeling.

And you can't do that unless those thoughts occur to you, rather than simply hearing a recital by someone else, a recital that you will instinctively move to counter-argue without letting it sink-in that this is primarily an emotional issue, and dealing with it on that level.

The reasons have to occur to you, without help from the outside, if they are to be of any use to you in weathering the storm that may be coming.
"...By the way Rip Van Winkle, "most people" don't feel the way you do about the gheys..."
I would not have resorted to juvenile labeling like that in my dealings with you, but I'm not all that surprised to be on the receiving end of a bit of hostility from Gay Folk and their sympaticos merely for expressing a contrary opinion about their practices, etc.

Denigrating the opposition is not unique to the Gay Lobby but the Gay Lobby has a nasty reputation for going overboard in that very department. Typical.

More to the point, though... you put a lot of faith in 'surveys' and 'polls'.

I submit that public reaction to the 2012 Chick-Fil-A incident and the 2013 A&E incident are probably a better true barometer than some of the surveys currently extant.

It's entirely possible that I'm wrong about some of this.

But my Spidey-Sense tells me that I'm probably on the right track.

Right...the polls are wrong, Romney wins. :lol:

Come on dude, you're trying to ascribe a societal harm in my existence...not that it is even possible but to what end? You're not going to get rid of the gheys and you're not going to stop them from legally marrying so what is the point you are attempting to make?

Public opinion is clearly not in your favor, a few people eating crappy fried food and watching reality shows aside. Gays are no longer viewed by a majority of Americans the way YOU view them. You are in the minority...but I won't try to take away your right to legally marry.

This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.

Supreme Court puts gay marriage on hold in Utah | Fox News

The Supreme Court on Monday put gay marriage on hold in Utah, giving the state time to appeal a federal judge's ruling against Utah's same-sex marriage ban.

The court issued a brief order Monday blocking any new same-sex unions in the state. The ruling comes after a Dec. 20 ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby that the state's ban on same-sex marriage violates gay and lesbian couples' constitutional rights.

It will happen, either way, so you better get used to it.

So you are going to force it on the people regardless of what the people think? And here i thought we lived in a free nation.

This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.

Supreme Court puts gay marriage on hold in Utah | Fox News

The Supreme Court on Monday put gay marriage on hold in Utah, giving the state time to appeal a federal judge's ruling against Utah's same-sex marriage ban.

The court issued a brief order Monday blocking any new same-sex unions in the state. The ruling comes after a Dec. 20 ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby that the state's ban on same-sex marriage violates gay and lesbian couples' constitutional rights.

So you are going to force it on the people regardless of what the people think? And here i thought we lived in a free nation.

Nothing is being forced on anyone. You don't have to marry a member of the same sex if you don't want to.

Nothing is being forced on anyone. You don't have to marry a member of the same sex if you don't want to.

You're free to think what you want. You're not free to impose your views on everyone.

So a JoP whose faith dictates whites shouldn't marry blacks is justified in not performing interracial marriages? Jesus actually spoke against divorce. Should a Christian JoP be able to use his faith and not marry divorced people?

And yet when I speak out about how I think it's a shame someone gets a divorce, I'm told I am a phoney and don't really care. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

The verses you mentioned answer your own question. Christians can allowe divorce because the Lord made provision for it even though it's not part of His plan. He did this because of human weakness.

Homosexual relationships, however, have never been sanctioned by God. They are, in fact, clearly denounced, even in the verses you are citing.

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’

This is the union God has ordained.

There is nothing innate about one's sexual preference. And to claim that any discrimination has faced startling parallels is an insult to any Black American alive. Can you name any point in history where people who practice homosexuality have been made slaves? Can you even name a point in the history of the world when gays have been slaves? How about lynched on a regular basis?

You want to know what your biggest problem with your argument is? It's obvious when someone is black. You can tell by looking at him or her. You can't tell anyone is gay by looking at them. How the heck are gays going to recieve parallel treatment to any race when you can't identify them?

Forum List

Back