"Bridgegate" update/s

Jesus H Tap Dancing Christ...

This was nothing more than a case of one politico (directly or indirectly) screwing with another for a couple of days...

It was a goddamned lane-closure, not the selling of national defense secrets or something...

Goddamn, people, get a frigging grip...

Politicians screw with each other all the time, with lightweight stuff like this, over such reasons, and lesser...

The Liberal Lamestream Media got its panties in a bunch because some old gal died while stuck in a traffic jam or waiting for an ambulance or something like that...

Sometimes, bad jokes and nasty tricks take a tragic turn, as seems to have happened here...

Even if Christie DID know about it in advance... it's a flea... a pimple... a gnat...

Mind you, if he LIED during the course of his public statement, then he's screwed...

But if he's telling the truth, then there's not much more behind this than the LibProgs looking to hose a potential GOP Presidential contender for 2016...

A 'preemptive strike', Liberal style...

And, as we've all come to understand, Libs can be just as nasty as Cons, when you get right down to it. Lib protests to the contrary notwithstanding...

Here's the problem.

A woman died while waiting for an ambulance. That's when it moves up from "Political dirty trick" and up to "Major Scandal".

Christie's Presidential Ambitions are done. He'll be lucky if he gets to serve out the balance of his term.

He hasn't even been sworn-in yet either, last I heard ;) Maybe he should just give the office to his challenger in the race- Buono (D)

Last edited:
Here's the problem.

A woman died while waiting for an ambulance. That's when it moves up from "Political dirty trick" and up to "Major Scandal".

Christie's Presidential Ambitions are done. He'll be lucky if he gets to serve out the balance of his term.

That is inaccurate. The woman did not die while waiting for the ambulance. She died after she got to the hospital.

It's a horrible thing for someone's staff to screw around like that for political reasons. But get the story straight.

A minor quibble. She needed to get to the hospital didn't in a timely manner and she died.

I'm just not seeing how Christie weasels his way out of this one.

Her death is not being blamed on the delay by anyone who is in the know, not even by her daughter. She was very old and very ill.

Why is an issue in "New Jersey" national news????

That damn road has nothing to do with me.

Scandals with Libya, F&F, the IRS, etc...affect me.

Even if the fatfuck of NJ lied about the off ramps, who gives a shit. Let his state arrest him and get it off the front page.

Whether or not it needs to be national news, I do not know, but whenever a government official (who may or may not be a leading contender for the White House) may be involved in an abuse of power scandal, I want to know about it.

And What makes it "national news"? I submit what makes it national news is the fact that information from any region is extremely easy to get via the internet these days.

Immie

I'm sure then that you would be equally curious about this one.
Hillary Clinton adviser started an election-day traffic jam | The Daily Caller

Yes, I would. To me, this kind of thing reeks of arrogance and it truly pisses me off. Last year Biden came to the town I work in. They closed all traffic on the only East/West street through town for several hours. Arrogant prick!

Immie

Last edited:
Whether or not it needs to be national news, I do not know, but whenever a government official (who may or may not be a leading contender for the White House) may be involved in an abuse of power scandal, I want to know about it.

And What makes it "national news"? I submit what makes it national news is the fact that information from any region is extremely easy to get via the internet these days.

Immie

Yes, I would. To me, this kind of thing reeks of arrogance and it truly pisses me off. Last year Biden came to the town I work in. They closed all traffic on the only East/West street through town for several hours. Arrogant prick!

Immie

And HW tied up traffic in Billings, Montana when we were driving through. Of course i thought it was cool to see his motorcade.
Presidents and Veeps have motorcade, get over it.

As for Christie, I could care less about that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immie

And HW tied up traffic in Billings, Montana when we were driving through. Of course i thought it was cool to see his motorcade.

I despise arrogance. Which is part of the reason there is not a single politician that I like. I do not foresee getting over it.

Immie

Jesus H Tap Dancing Christ...

This was nothing more than a case of one politico (directly or indirectly) screwing with another for a couple of days...

It was a goddamned lane-closure, not the selling of national defense secrets or something...

Goddamn, people, get a frigging grip...

Politicians screw with each other all the time, with lightweight stuff like this, over such reasons, and lesser...

The Liberal Lamestream Media got its panties in a bunch because some old gal died while stuck in a traffic jam or waiting for an ambulance or something like that...

Sometimes, bad jokes and nasty tricks take a tragic turn, as seems to have happened here...

Even if Christie DID know about it in advance... it's a flea... a pimple... a gnat...

Mind you, if he LIED during the course of his public statement, then he's screwed...

But if he's telling the truth, then there's not much more behind this than the LibProgs looking to hose a potential GOP Presidential contender for 2016...

A 'preemptive strike', Liberal style...

And, as we've all come to understand, Libs can be just as nasty as Cons, when you get right down to it. Lib protests to the contrary notwithstanding...

Wrong.

As noted in another bridge thread, this scandal concerns Christie’s political appointees, in their official capacity as officers of the State of New Jersey, enjoying the power and privilege that comes with those offices, using that considerable authority to attack a perceived political enemy.

It’s a violation of the public trust of the highest order, and repugnant to the fundamental principles of responsible governance in a free and democratic society.

The worst thing you and others on the right can do is try to blow this off and play it down as just some misguided Christie staffers doing their Donald Segretti impression.

Immie

I despise arrogance. Which is part of the reason there is not a single politician that I like. I do not foresee getting over it.

Immie

Ten bucks you are arrogant as they come. ;)

Yup. Christie's underlings screwed the pooch and he oughta resign.

Just as Obama resigned when His underlings screwed the pooch (OK, the loaner Portuguese water dog) and got those folks at the embassy slaughtered.

But........Oh, y'know..........

Immie

You might win that one! I can admit to my failures but I would probably win my money back if I bet you that you could not. ;)
Immie

Immie

You might win that one! I can admit to my failures but I would probably win my money back if I bet you that you could not. ;)
Immie

Admit to my failures?
So when you going to give me that ten?

Immie

Admit to my failures?

We never made a bet. Why would I give you a ten? Also you have yet to admit to any failures.

Immie

Immie

Admit to my failures?

Immie despises arrogance? Thats rich coming from a guy who signs every one of his posts. :lol: He's one of the first people I put on ignore because of that drama he does.

As to the OP, Christie needs to do the right thing and take responsibility :(

Last edited:
Immie

Admit to my failures?

Immie despises arrogance? Thats rich coming from a guy who signs every one of his posts. :lol: He's one of the first people I put on ignore because of that drama he does.

As to the OP, Christie needs to do the right thing and take responsibility :(

And I still consider being the first on his iggy list as a badge of honor.

Immie

Just as Obama resigned when His underlings screwed the pooch (OK, the loaner Portuguese water dog) and got those folks at the embassy slaughtered.

stay classy :thup: BTW- what embassy are you referring to? If its Libya, it was a consulate. Words mean things. :eusa_shhh:

Can you not be a partisan hack for ONE day? :dunno:

Last edited:

Immie

Admit to my failures?

We never made a bet. Why would I give you a ten? Also you have yet to admit to any failures.

Immie

So slow...
I have a problem with following through with everything.

Ten bucks?

Admit to my failures?

Immie

So slow...
I have a problem with following through with everything.

Ten bucks?

Once again we did not make a bet. A bet requires acceptance by both sides. I never accepted your bet. I did say you might win if I did, but I did not accept the bet. Why would I? I agree, I can be arrogant.

You are slow, aren't you ;)

Although, if you really need ten bucks, I can arrange to have it sent to you maybe via Paypal?

Immie

stay classy :thup: BTW- what embassy are you referring to? If its Libya, it was a consulate. They have different names for a reason. :eusa_shhh:

Can you not be a partisan hack for ONE day? :dunno:

Now THAT is rich. A hack asking someone else not to be a hack?

Immie

Immie not honoring a wager w/ you?!!! :eusa_think:

As to the OP, i think more developments will materialize shortly.

Forum List

Back