Bring Back the Equal Rights Amendment

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
That's right, folks. The NOW crowd narrowly avoided being hoisted by their own petard when the "Equal Rights" Amendment failed to be ratified. Why? Because legally, women are a "protected class" whereby they may be given special rights and privileges not available to men. Why give that up? Instead, they are marshaling their forces to support " equal pay for equal work," one of the most harebrained schemes in modern political history. Who is going to work on an oil drilling rig in Alaska when they can sit in a nice comfy office and sip lattes for the same pay?

I say bring back a true Equal Rights Amendment which forbids the government from recognizing or selectively benefiting any individual or group on the basis of being a member of a protected class of persons. What say you?

Teach J R Smith to control himself....the guy is an ahole. Forget equal rights for tonite...yo.

That's right, folks. The NOW crowd narrowly avoided being hoisted by their own petard when the "Equal Rights" Amendment failed to be ratified. Why? Because legally, women are a "protected class" whereby they may be given special rights and privileges not available to men. Why give that up? Instead, they are marshaling their forces to support " equal pay for equal work," one of the most harebrained schemes in modern political history. Who is going to work on an oil drilling rig in Alaska when they can sit in a nice comfy office and sip lattes for the same pay?

I say bring back a true Equal Rights Amendment which forbids the government from recognizing or selectively benefiting any individual or group on the basis of being a member of a protected class of persons. What say you?

I don't understand the point of an equal rights amendment. Aren't there similar amendments in the constitution already that do the exact same thing?

Forum List

Back