Bringing Back Jobs?

tolumba21

Dec 17, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump took credit for creating 8,000 jobs on Wednesday, although 3,000 of those were announced 10 days ago.

Speaking at his Mar-a-Largo estate in Palm Beach, Florida, during his working holiday, Trump said: “I was just called by the head people at Sprint and they are going to be bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States."

Ten days ago the company announced an investment from Japanese investor SoftBank that will lead to the creation of 3,000 new jobs.

Donald Trump claims credit for creating 8,000 jobs, despite conflicting timeline Donald Trump claims credit for creating 8,000 jobs, despite conflicting timeline

“Because of what’s happening and the spirit and the hope I was just called by the head people at Sprint and they’re going to be bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States,” Trump told reporters Wednesday outside his Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago.

Trump had vowed during his campaign that he would force the company to abandon plans to move the jobs to Mexico.

This month, IBM Chief Executive Officer Ginni Rometty - a Trump economic adviser - announced just before a meeting with Trump that she planned to hire 25,000 people in the U.S. and invest $1 billion over the next four years.

Trump Lauds SoftBank's Masayoshi Son on Sprint's 5,000 Jobs Trump Lauds SoftBank’s Masayoshi Son on Sprint’s 5,000 Jobs

Trump Takes Credit for Sprint Plan to Add 5,000 Jobs in U.S. Trump Takes Credit for Sprint Plan to Add 5,000 Jobs in U.S.

Is there a smooth transition there?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Granny says, "Dat's right - dat's another 5,000 jobs the Donald has saved...

Trump says Sprint to bring 5,000 jobs back to U.S.

December 28, 2016
- U.S President-elect Donald Trump said on Wednesday wireless carrier Sprint Corp <S.N> will bring 5,000 jobs back to the United States and OneWeb, a new company, will be hiring 3,000 people.

"I was just called by the head people at Sprint and they are going to be bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States, they are taking them from other countries," Trump told reporters outside his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

2016-12-28T223306Z_1006990002_LYNXMPECBR0SW_RTROPTP_2_CTECH-US-USA-TRUMP-JOBS.JPG.cf.jpg

The logo of U.S. mobile network operator Sprint Corp is seen at a Sprint store in San Marcos, California​

"And also OneWeb, a new company, is going to be hiring 3,000 people. So that's very exciting," he added.

Trump says Sprint to bring 5,000 jobs back to U.S.

Questions. Trump's clownish claims demand questions be answered outside of a Tweet

Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the US; OneWeb will create 3,000 jobs

quotes

Carrier said Indiana agreed to give it $7 million in financial incentives over multiple years to keep some o
perations in the state, while it will still close a separate facility and move 700 jobs to Mexico. The deal also prompted concerns that Trump would intervene with companies on an individual basis and potentially pick winners and losers.

Trump earlier claimed the SoftBank investment was a direct result of his election. However, the $50 billion will come from a previously announced $100 billion investment fund set up with Saudi Arabia, according to Dow Jones, and SoftBank has a long history of investing in the U.S.

Which jobs and from where exactly? It's a con. The man is always pushing a con
Those customer care and sales jobs from a wireless company, Sprint.

Which customer care and sales jobs? From what country?

Never trust and always verify anything Trump boviates on
I know that they are a lot of representatives of Sprint from not only here in the United States, but also in other parts of the world like Europe and Asia.

Anyone realize that sprint may have "brought" back those jobs because when Trump met with Soft Bank, trump promised the CEO of soft Bank he would push through the Sprint/T-Mobile merger that was shut down before? which would mean that jobs would end up getting consolidated and lost? People need to do a little more research and know what is actually going on.

Great. If he can do that 30 times each month, he will be close to the average that Obama has done for the last 8 years. Good for him. 5000 jobs is a very small start.

I know that they are a lot of representatives of Sprint from not only here in the United States, but also in other parts of the world like Europe and Asia.

Sorry. You sound like a troll. Who do you know that actually works overseas?

If they already work here they are not part of bringing any jobs back.

Anyone realize that sprint may have "brought" back those jobs because when Trump met with Soft Bank, trump promised the CEO of soft Bank he would push through the Sprint/T-Mobile merger that was shut down before? which would mean that jobs would end up getting consolidated and lost? People need to do a little more research and know what is actually going on.
not really (research)

some of us know how to read Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the US; OneWeb will create 3,000 jobs

Trump earlier claimed the SoftBank investment was a direct result of his election. However, the $50 billion will come from a previously announced $100 billion investment fund set up with Saudi Arabia, according to Dow Jones, and SoftBank has a long history of investing in the U.S.

Sorry. You sound like a troll. Who do you know that actually works overseas?

If they already work here they are not part of bringing any jobs back.
I mean representatives from Sprint create most sales and customer care here in the United States. I did not know who works with Sprint overseas.

not really (research)

some of us know how to read Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the US; OneWeb will create 3,000 jobs

I already knew that. Trump is basically making deals with CEO's to take credit for stuff already going to happen in order for favors in the future.

I mean representatives from Sprint create most sales and customer care here in the United States. I did not know who works with Sprint overseas.

a few jobs from Sprint will not affect the economy or the job markets

'Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain' from the Wizard of Oz.

not really (research)

I already knew that. Trump is basically making deals with CEO's to take credit for stuff already going to happen in order for favors in the future.

It's the Trump way. He never does anything, but he tries to slap his name on everything.

not really (research)

It's the Trump way. He never does anything, but he tries to slap his name on everything.
His kids are just like him

creepy family

somebody definitely pissed in their gene pool

Here is a good question: Whose character from 'The Wizard of Oz' should people like myself pay no attention to?

Here is a good question: Whose character from 'The Wizard of Oz' should people like myself pay no attention to?

Toto's character. Like Trump. he's a little loudmouthed mutt

Toto's character. Like Trump. he's a little loudmouthed mutt
I am going to agree with you 100%. Don't listen to TOTO (Trump).

Forum List

Back