British TV - Better than the USA's ???

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA
I've noticed that the Brit's seem to have the majority on interesting and enjoyable TV programming. Here's a starter view;

The British (TV) Invasion: How America Came to Love the BBC and Beyond​

Despite the U.S.’s status as a cultural juggernaut and the home of Hollywood, many Americans enthusiastically watch British TV. How did this come to happen, and why does British television still resonate across the Atlantic today?

Brits write about real life situations, whether it be drama, comedy, horror, or even scifi.

There are some exceptions, but more often than not, they draw their stories from real life, which makes them interesting.
They also actually WRITE intelligent scripts, unlike American tv writers.

I prefer Brit TV over American TV myself.

BBC is run by the British government, which makes it suspect in my opinion. The government should not be allowed so much influence over popular culture.

The only overtly British TV I watch is Masterpiece Theater. Or is it theatre?

There are dozens of times more American shows on the telly than the BBC can produce. If you look around, you can find interesting, insightful programming. I haven't found any, but I'm sure it's out there.

In my opinion, anything produced by Shonda Rhimes is so terrible that it gets a negative value.

Isn't it strange that there are so many Brits on American shows? Don't we have enough Americans who can act?

Forum List

Back