Brittney Griner is gay and Baptist's don't seem to care.

I'm not answering your garbage. My answer is the same as it has always been...you are angry that the southern baptist church won't embrace all manner of depravity, in order to be more palatable to the people still trapped in sin. I still don't think you're a southern baptist..if you are, you shouldn't be.

And I maintain you are missing the entire point of the church, and salvation. REPENTANCE is necessary, and if you refuse to repent your sin, or to even acknowledge that you are sinful, you aren't likely to be voted into a southern baptist church.

The free methodists will be glad to have you, though. They're eternally *adjusting* the meaning of the bible, and what constitutes sin.

Last edited:
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit according to the tradition of men" Paul said, Col. 2:8

You might want to pick up that bible Oldguy.

Here, Paul castigates a congregation for allowing among them a man who had sex with his father's wife (sexual immorality):

"
5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a][b] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

1 Corinthians 5:1-8

New International Version (NIV)

Last edited:
Ok, that's about what I expected. When confronted with the choice of being a true follower of Christ or being a Pharisee, you chose Pharisee. Sadly, so do most Christian's.

Instead of remembering Romans 5:8 "But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us," we'll take the position toward homosexuals that they must first stop sinning before we'll love them enough even to fight against the legal injustice being done them. God himself hates injustice and Christ told us to fight for the poor and downtrodden, the marginalized, the prisoners to sin, but we'll adopt a more strict standard and wait for them to become acceptable to us. That's what "love your neighbor as you love yourself" means to us.

I remember Romans. And that has nothing to do with church MEMBERSHIP.

Paul addresses churches, in particular.

"
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

New International Version (NIV)

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

We love and embrace everybody...but that isn't to say we refuse to judge BELIEVERS. And judgment comes in the form of eviction from the established church.

Psst..there are no legal injustices being "done" against homosexuals.

You drank the kool aid.

And I think you are lying when you claim to be a member of the baptist church. I think you are willing to lie in order to defame it...as you have no doubt learned that baptists aren't likely to listen to your drivel unless you claim membership.

It's like Jake and joeB claiming to be the voice of the Republican Party.

Yes, I know and it's not surprising given that Muhammad lifted it straight out of the Torah.
Actually, Muhammad just reaffirmed the Torah's story about Adam and Eve and their fall to earth to be authentic.

Because so much of the Torah has been changed and corrupted over the centuries.

It's difficult to know which parts are true and which parts are a fabrication. .. :cool:

How laughably pathetic.
Mohamed corrected texts that existed thousands of years before he was born, and we know this because we have read and heard that he said so and we believe it. If you don't believe it, you deserve whatever happens to you.

'Homosexuals' have exactly the same rights as any other person or people. Up until the point that their actions impose on my or anyone's liberty, they are at liberty.

This argument about a homosexual entering a church and insisting on being accepted is absurd. Someone who did that would have a psychological problem, not a sexual one. It would be aggressive vis-a-vis the members of said church and generally uncivilized. We would be justified in inviting them to leave without any discussion of other life orientations.
What would a group of Republicans (or Democrats, for that matter) be expected to do with an individual who walked in and demanded approval without any show of conforming to Republican ideas and ideology?

It's not even about them being accepted...oldman or whatever his name is pissed that the baptist church is accepting of a homosexual ball player...because he maintains that they really are REJECTING homosexual members. So it's like, he has in his mind what he THINKS the Baptist church does...but it is at odds with what really happens, so he calls them hypocrites.

The baptist church has refused to pretend that homosexuality isn't a sin. We consider it a sin...along with all other sexual immorality...and those people who are engaged in actively behaving in a sexually promiscuous or immoral way aren't likely to be welcomed into a church as fully participating MEMBERS.

But that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to attend church, or be baptized. But of course if they are trying to insist the doctrine is wrong, and the church must accept them sans repentance for their sins...well, likely it's not going to happen. And, as the above just pointed out...why would they WANT to be members of a church that sets such a store on REPENTANCE? The free methodists, the episcopalians, and a variety of other liberal churches would GLADLY accept them as members, because those denominations are neck deep in "re-interpreting" God's word.

'girl is essentially quite right. Denominations are based upon precepts and if one does not accept those, one should go elsewhere. This is why R.C.s who disagree with the Pope are kidding themselves. The Pope is the authority upon which that sect of Christianity is based. They may be Christians, but they are not Roman Catholics. It is for this very reason that so-called ecumenism cannot succeed; Protestants will never be able to maintain their identity and accept the Pope.
Islam demands total acceptance of the Koran. There are no half measures.

Oldguy, how do you feel about these two issues:

#1) Gay (same sex) marriages performed in the church?

#2) Openly gay or lesbian being the pastor of a church?

I know what sort of hymn they will be singing in such a "church."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSYfUctsjEw]Chock Full O Nuts - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Mohamed corrected texts that existed thousands of years before he was born, and we know this because we have read and heard that he said so and we believe it. If you don't believe it, you deserve whatever happens to you.
100% correct .. :thup:

That's easy. No in both cases.

(the part left out) "How laughably pathetic."

100% correct .. :thup:

Not at all correct. This is merely a statement of a choice, having nothing to do with truth or 'correctness'. Choosing to believe something is personal and very likely of little interest to others, especially when the majority of others find something is far too fantastic to believe and for which absolutely no proof can be provided. On the contrary, error that nullifies the belief can be found in its foundations.

I know you cannot out argue me, "man", but you only have to wait a little while longer to issue another fatwa - er - 'neg' to compensate your tiny ego.

Last edited:
^^^ It's flattering that I have my very own personal stalker who is infatuated with me. .. :thup:

Last edited:

That's easy. No in both cases.

To which you are quite rightly entitled by freedom of expression, religion and constancy.

Those who choose another view have the right to do so...
...elsewhere.

General question: since when is participating in the same thread as another 'stalking'?

Stop whining, Twerp. Haven't you gotten slapped down enough? Do you want to embarrass yourself and your cause even more?

[/quote]

No soup for you![/QUOTE]

You mean for people who imagine things, of course.

'girl is essentially quite right. Denominations are based upon precepts and if one does not accept those, one should go elsewhere. This is why R.C.s who disagree with the Pope are kidding themselves. The Pope is the authority upon which that sect of Christianity is based. They may be Christians, but they are not Roman Catholics. It is for this very reason that so-called ecumenism cannot succeed; Protestants will never be able to maintain their identity and accept the Pope.
Islam demands total acceptance of the Koran. There are no half measures.

But, if those who think they see a problem within their chosen denomination just simply leave, nothing will ever change.

Think of Martin Luther. He didn't "leave" the Catholic church; he was expelled because of his beliefs. His intent was not to create a whole new denomination, but to work from within to reform the church he loved.

Was he wrong for doing so? Why?

'Homosexuals' have exactly the same rights as any other person or people. Up until the point that their actions impose on my or anyone's liberty, they are at liberty.

How is their being legally married an imposition upon someone else's liberty?

Forum List

Back