Brown's stepfather say's he's sorry

Meh, I have a very difficult time to blame a parent for anything they would say after losing their child. It certainly was WRONG, but a parent who has lost a child is not thinking clearly and is overwhelmed with grief and depression.
He wasn't a parent.

He was Michael Browns mommas latest BF.

Was the family informed of the verdict before hand? If so, as is custom, charge him and his family. Bar any monetary settlement from reaching them until all businesses have been reimbursed for damages. Send the irs after them over the Tshirts.

If they weren't informed, make this asshole sweat at a minimum.

Charge him with what? Inciting a riot? I don't know how I feel about "charging" people for saying words.
Inciting a riot is a crime in every country in the world.

He was NOT the stepfather! He is just a boyfriend of this woman who raised a criminal; one who did not want to follow the law of the land.

Meh, I have a very difficult time to blame a parent for anything they would say after losing their child. It certainly was WRONG, but a parent who has lost a child is not thinking clearly and is overwhelmed with grief and depression.

IF this guy had been family , I'd be inclined to agree. BUT he was not. He was some dude who was plowing Mike's mom for the last year while Mike lived with Grandma. Nothing more.

Nope. It doesn't bring back the days that the kids were out of school. It doesn't somehow erase the weeks before and after financial harm to businesses in the neighborhood. It doesn't somehow make the next few months of those that lost their jobs easier.

It did not somehow make it easier for people to get to the grocery store.

I understand grief. I refuse to have compassion for causing that type of senseless destruction or loss to others for a superficial drama queen spotlight.

Translation: He's sorry his "Burn This Bitch Down !" found it's way on video.

Stepfather apologizes for remarks during Missouri protest

The stepfather of a black teenager who was gunned down by a Missouri police officer apologized on Wednesday for his emotional comments during fiery protests last week, but said he did not cause the rioting.
Louis Head said his emotions "got the best of me" during protests against a grand jury's decision not to indict white Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson for killing 18-year-old Michael Brown on Aug. 9 in the St. Louis suburb.
Head was caught on video comforting Brown's mother after the Nov. 24 decision, and then turning to a crowd of protesters and screaming repeatedly: "Burn this bitch down."

Something came over me as I watched and listened to my wife, the mother of Michael Brown, Jr., react to the gut-wrenching news that the cop who killed her son wouldn't be charged with a crime," Head said in a statement obtained by Reuters. The statement was first reported by CNN and NBC.
On Tuesday, St. Louis County police said they were investigating who was responsible for setting fires, looting and destroying property during the demonstrations and named Head as a person of interest.
The findings will be presented to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, police said.
Head, in his statement, said he was "angry and full of raw emotions, as so many others were."

MORE: Stepfather apologizes for remarks during Missouri protest - Yahoo News

Tell that to the business owners, by the way which had nothingn to do with the situation, that had their businesses burned by these animals.

Nope. It doesn't bring back the days that the kids were out of school. It doesn't somehow erase the weeks before and after financial harm to businesses in the neighborhood. It doesn't somehow make the next few months of those that lost their jobs easier.

It did not somehow make it easier for people to get to the grocery store.

I understand grief. I refuse to have compassion for causing that type of senseless destruction or loss to others for a superficial drama queen spotlight.
What grief?

He wasn't any "stepfather".

He probably never saw that kid more than a few times.

Grieving stepfather, shit, what else will they expect people to believe?

The Tree Dwellers have never given a shit for anyone but themselves......never will.
And they wonder why the entire world loathes them as a race.

Was the family informed of the verdict before hand? If so, as is custom, charge him and his family. Bar any monetary settlement from reaching them until all businesses have been reimbursed for damages. Send the irs after them over the Tshirts.

Charge him with what? Inciting a riot? I don't know how I feel about "charging" people for saying words.
As I said, if he and his family were informed of the verdict prior to the public announcement, charge him with inciting a riot.

If that was the case, they decided to go out into public, and react as they did. This includes any Missouri calls to the family lawyer (reverend?) week then contacted the family. Anyone else find it strange they were standing above the crowd?

Again, why weren't they told of the decision beforehand? If they were, why act like you heard it for the first time then?

Are you kidding me? Are you trying to make this sound as if it's some kind of conspiracy theory rather than a couple of parents who are devastated that they lost their son? Good God! Regardless of what you think of them, they are human beings who lost a child. People who are in excruciating pain will speak without thinking first. That is a fact.
For starters, Head was only Browns stepfather for one month, the boy and his siblings were reared around btwn mom and biological dad....who did actually call for peace and no violence.

I'm not taking away from his claim of grief, but I'm also not giving his piss poor behavior a pass because of it either. At best he is a violent moron, at worst he saw the opportunity to be the big man on campus and it may have just bit him in the butt.

Oh well, my mistake, I thought he had been in the boy's life for a while. :dunno:

Anyways, I'm quite sure those people would have rioted regardless of any statements the parents made. There have also been instances in the past where the parents have asked for people NOT to riot, and they've done so anyways.

I'm still wondering what people would charge him with?

So you want to charge him with a crime? He is responsible for the others' actions?

As I said, if he and his family were informed of the verdict prior to the public announcement, charge him with inciting a riot.

If that was the case, they decided to go out into public, and react as they did. This includes any Missouri calls to the family lawyer (reverend?) week then contacted the family. Anyone else find it strange they were standing above the crowd?

Again, why weren't they told of the decision beforehand? If they were, why act like you heard it for the first time then?

Are you kidding me? Are you trying to make this sound as if it's some kind of conspiracy theory rather than a couple of parents who are devastated that they lost their son? Good God! Regardless of what you think of them, they are human beings who lost a child. People who are in excruciating pain will speak without thinking first. That is a fact.
For starters, Head was only Browns stepfather for one month, the boy and his siblings were reared around btwn mom and biological dad....who did actually call for peace and no violence.

I'm not taking away from his claim of grief, but I'm also not giving his piss poor behavior a pass because of it either. At best he is a violent moron, at worst he saw the opportunity to be the big man on campus and it may have just bit him in the butt.

Oh well, my mistake, I thought he had been in the boy's life for a while. :dunno:

Anyways, I'm quite sure those people would have rioted regardless of any statements the parents made. There have also been instances in the past where the parents have asked for people NOT to riot, and they've done so anyways.

How about the crime he committed?

Inciting a riot.
18 U.S. Code 2102 - Definitions LII Legal Information Institute

So you want to charge him with a crime? He is responsible for the others' actions?

He doesn't have to be responsible for the actions of anyone. If his actions were even likely to cause a riot, he's guilty.

You don't think him standing up pretending to be the grieving step daddy screaming burn it down was likely to influence people?

Of course it was, otherwise why would he have even said it?

Inciting a riot.

Well, that's what I asked earlier in the thread, if people wanted to charge him with inciting a riot, but no one answered. I don't really have a problem with it since I've found out that he really is not a grieving parent. However, if he was that boy's biological dad or had raised him, then I would feel differently.

Inciting a riot.

Well, that's what I asked earlier in the thread, if people wanted to charge him with inciting a riot, but no one answered. I don't really have a problem with it since I've found out that he really is not a grieving parent. However, if he was that boy's biological dad or had raised him, then I would feel differently.

I probably would to. But this guy, come on, he didn't have any attachment to that boy.

The grand jury decision was wrong, and the choice to declare "a state of emergency and send a message of war, and not peace, before a grand jury decision was announced is also wrong," Head said.

He was angry that the law enforcement officials anticipated a riot and called up the National guard......
Looks like that was a good call seeing the way the people of Ferguson reacted to the decision....

The guy should be charged...

I don't. When you lose your child, you could be considered "temporarily insane."
You have lost a child?

Please see post #22, this thread.

Inciting a riot.

Big Mike's mother has had a dozen 'Blood' gangbanger boyfriends since Big Mike was born.
She got her 'creds' as a 'Blood when she was thirteen for Christ's sake.
Some of you LIB 'pyjama-boys' ought to spend more time researching the past of the human scum than playing video games.

Inciting a riot.

Big Mike's mother has had a dozen 'Blood' gangbanger boyfriends since Big Mike was born.
She got her 'creds' as a 'Blood when she was thirteen for Christ's sake.
Some of you LIB 'pyjama-boys' ought to spend more time researching the past of the human scum than playing video games.

wtf? I mean seriously the poster changed their opinion when they realized that this guy hadn't been in Mike's life. What do you want?

Forum List

Back