Bud Light boycott, the most effective in US history

Sure it is.

You guys gave up on being normal years ago.

I don't know...you seem really bothered by someone else drinking a beer you like. So you're quite abnormal.

Really....do you decide...."If I order a Bud Light, those guys in the corner whom I don't know may see me drink it may think I'm gay so I can't order it". Again...it's an abnormal thought process you have. You really should seek some sort of psychological counseling and get over it.

Dames who are hanging in the joint will think you're a homo.

And other homos in the joint will think you are one of them and want your butt cheeks taken. Don't be surprised if you are approached because you sending a message that your butthole is "open for business".

BTW, that's fine if you do want to engage in anal sex, but not if you don't.

Dames who are hanging in the joint will think you're a homo.
Wow...it is possible that they may see you as what you're not....that is true. They may see a self-confident male who doesn't care what someone else thinks about him. But with you...that isn't the case.

Wow...it is possible that they may see you as what you're not....that is true. They may see a self-confident male who doesn't care what someone else thinks about him. But with you...that isn't the case.

If I'm drinking, I don't want to face that kind of drama and be forced to split some homo's wig because he gets the idea that he wants to take my butt hole.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems a lot easier just to order an Old Mill or a Blue Ribbon. It isn't like Bud Light is the old beer available. Sometimes you don't want to get into a fight.

If I'm drinking, I don't want to face that kind of drama and be forced to split some homo's wig because he gets the idea that he wants to take my butt hole.
It sounds to me like you're worried you may like it.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems a lot easier just to order an Old Mill or a Blue Ribbon. It isn't like Bud Light is the old beer available. Sometimes you don't want to get into a fight.
Whatever...I don't pretend to know what kind of mental calculation you're making.

So lets say that Dylan McVaney or whatever his/her name is starts driving the truck you drive. Are you going to go burn yours because someone you don't know thinks you may be gay for driving it? What if they get hired by your firm...are you going to quit?

Dude..be a man.

You've missed quite a bit in your life. I'm guessing meth, prison, or both.

Every boycott you guys have tried has failed. As will this one. Not because they're right and you're wrong (although they are and you are) but simply because the whole idea of boycott to punish a company for something as harmless as a marketing decision is dumb.

You're either on a Windows or Mac based operating system right now (this is the part where you lie and say you're not). Neither one of the companies that make those products share you view of the world.

apple.Pride.Bloomberg.6.18.19.jpg

2nd-Pride-art.jpg

Are you going to turn off your computer? Nope. Why aren't you as upset about this as you are some guy posing with a beer can? Because you haven't been told to be as upset. You're a programmable idiot who's only outstanding quality is your hypocrisy.

I have few choices as to operating systems. I have few choices for pro football.

I have 100s, if not 1000s of choices of beers.

Got it?

It sounds to me like you're worried you may like it.

Whatever...I don't pretend to know what kind of mental calculation you're making.

So lets say that Dylan McVaney or whatever his/her name is starts driving the truck you drive. Are you going to go burn yours because someone you don't know thinks you may be gay for driving it? What if they get hired by your firm...are you going to quit?

Dude..be a man.

Truck driving and beer drinking are entirely different.

People choose the truck they drive because of the features and quality of each model.

OTOH, beer is sold through Lifestyle Advertising. Many of the products are pretty much indistinguishable except for the message or vibe they send out to the public.

There is one possibility, if they admitted they screwed up, they may see a turning point. But the half-assed excuse(s) they've made so far just isn't going to cut it. Although admitting they screwed up would be a pretty tough pill to swallow, not sure if the libs that work there have the stomach.
No, that is not going to work. Most boycotts fail as they are unable to get people to switch to another product. The exact same thing holds for the reverse, once people switch they are unlikely to go back.

By backtracking all they will accomplish is pissing off the left so everyone is upset.

And that is exactly what is happening. I do not think they could have handled this situation in a worse way.

Ok...let me get this straight (pun intended).... You liked the beer. You bought it. And because someone else apparently likes the beer who you don't like....you're depriving yourself of something you liked.
Nope, but you are being obtuse on purpose here. You know that is not the complaint from the other side.
Precisely. What is going to happen is this. The Bud Light brand will expand into a new demographic. When the Conserve-hate-ives have moved on to whatever their next outrage is and have forgotten they were supposed to be pissed off about this will go back to drinking Bud Light--some won't but most will. I don't think they thought it would get this much traction but since it did...ANOTHER WIN FOR THE GOOD GUYS.
Except that is not what is happening and has not happened. That might be what you want to happen but Bud Light as a brand has taken real and permanent losses for whatever reason. When the right moves on to its next hate target those that forget will continue to buy the Coors Light like they have gotten used to. It takes really, really, really thick partisan goggles to see this as a 'win.'

I think you fail to recognize the significance of this. Do ya think a lot of other corporations are going to be using trans people to sell their products in the future? Your side lost the cultural war on this one. Bush's losses means that the left lost the trans war, or at least when it comes to businesses.

The trans movement hit its peak, just like BLM did. Now they will fade away as histories losers.
No, they have not lost the culture war here. You have won a battle, ONE battle. The other side is winning the war by a MASSIVE margin. There are many other companies that are not backing away like Disney.

Just like candy, it takes some thick partisan goggles to see this as an overall win on the culture war.

OTOH, beer is sold through Lifestyle Advertising. Many of the products are pretty much indistinguishable except for the message or vibe they send out to the public.
This may actually be an interesting point as to why the boycott here has been so successful. Add that to the fact that it seems this particular product was much more likely to be consumed by right wingers in the first place and you have a decent reason for why this worked as well as it did where almost all other boycotts have failed hard.

This may actually be an interesting point as to why the boycott here has been so successful. Add that to the fact that it seems this particular product was much more likely to be consumed by right wingers in the first place and you have a decent reason for why this worked as well as it did where almost all other boycotts have failed hard.

I don't think its really a "boycott" at all. After all, ultraliberal baseball fans in Boston aren't buying the product either. Even straight leftists don't want to be personally seen as homos.

Ok...let me get this straight (pun intended).... You liked the beer. You bought it. And because someone else apparently likes the beer who you don't like....you're depriving yourself of something you liked.

It isn't hurting them...it's hurting you dumbfuck.

Someday you idiots are either going to run out of bullets or you're going to run out of toes. And when you do...you'll blame anyone but yourself.
I'm sure most aren't a 1 beer brand beer drinker, candy. :eusa_whistle:

I don't think its really a "boycott" at all. After all, ultraliberal baseball fans in Boston aren't buying the product either. Even straight leftists don't want to be personally seen as homos.

You are correct! I never did like Bud Lite, but I do know 4 people who drank it regularly. All of them have switched brands because of this, and 2 of them are Democrats, one of them being a black friend of mine.

The Leftists on here would have you believe that it is the evil conservatives doing this mostly, which is not true. They don't dare utter that some of their own have also had enough, or they then have to admit that some of their own are highly displeased. They try and sell you on how ridiculous it is for you to be upset over an image on a can. What they never will admit is-------->it is not the image on the can, it WAS the image on the can that was the final straw though, when added with everything else happening around us, and now there is a definitive reaction to their collective actions. Budweiser was just the unlucky corporation that its actions finally tipped the scales, plus it is easy to show displeasure with a product that is not that good anyway.

I contend that if most beer drinkers were offered 5 different glasses of Lite Beer and asked which was which, they would be hard pressed to pick out which they drink regularly. If the question was changed to----------->which do you enjoy and want to drink, the most given answer would be.......NONE of them, lol! Lets face it, Lite Beer is NOT sold on taste, but rather on calories, lol.

I am sure they will all think long and hard about it now that they have seen the pure hatred shown by far more than they probably expected.
Its not hatred, its annoyance. We are done with woke virtue signalling. You will lose business if you do that.

No, they have not lost the culture war here. You have won a battle, ONE battle. The other side is winning the war by a MASSIVE margin. There are many other companies that are not backing away like Disney.

Just like candy, it takes some thick partisan goggles to see this as an overall win on the culture war.
This battle is going to scare off all the other companies out there. Certainly all the major corporations. No one wants this kind of heat.

Forum List

Back