Build the liberator in your mother's basement

Here is what Puddly "does" in his mother's basement.

$image.jpg

I built a "magnet gun" many years ago. Basically, it was silent arm, using electromagnetics that shot a small magnetic "hockey puck" at around 1200 fps. Capable of holding up to 15 pucks.

For the most part, this is a silly waste of time and money and will quietly die out.

Showing your luudite credentials again?

3D printing is here to stay, and it will only get better. In a few years you will be able to download, and print, anything you need.

... in words of one syllable for the rw idiots...

If you read my post and quote it IN CONTEXT, what I wrote is, that the GUN is a silly waste of time and will quietly die out.

WHY?

Because its not all plastic. There is a small piece of titanium steel, without which, it cannot be fired. Or so I've read.

If it were all plastic, the nutters would insist on sending the instructions to every terrorist group on the planet so they could blow up airplanes with it. (Yes, that's sarcasm)

Yes, of course the technology will become accessible and affordable but THAT was not the subject of my post.

For the most part, this is a silly waste of time and money and will quietly die out.

Showing your luudite credentials again?

3D printing is here to stay, and it will only get better. In a few years you will be able to download, and print, anything you need.

... in words of one syllable for the rw idiots...

If you read my post and quote it IN CONTEXT, what I wrote is, that the GUN is a silly waste of time and will quietly die out.

WHY?

Because its not all plastic. There is a small piece of titanium steel, without which, it cannot be fired. Or so I've read.

If it were all plastic, the nutters would insist on sending the instructions to every terrorist group on the planet so they could blow up airplanes with it. (Yes, that's sarcasm)

Yes, of course the technology will become accessible and affordable but THAT was not the subject of my post.

It has a small piece of steel in it to comply with federal law, specifically the Undetectable Firearms Act. The only reason this was added is because they have an FFL, and are not the crazy idiots you think they are. It has absolutely nothing to do with the firing mechanism.

But idiots will be idiots.

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes
liberatorforbes1.jpg

The Liberator fired a standard .380 handgun round without visible damage, though it also misfired on another occasion when the firing pin failed to hit the primer cap in the loaded cartridge due a misalignment in the hammer body, resulting in an anti-climactic thunk.

Feds defend decision to scrub 3D gun plans from Internet | Fox News
Plans for the gun were posted online this week by Cody Wilson, founder of Defense Distributed. More than 100,000 copies of the plans for the world's first 3D-printed handgun, The Liberator, were downloaded before it had its liberty taken away by the government.
Why did they bother?

Defense Distributed
HOME OF THE WIKI WEAPON PROJECT

The nutters will want for every terrorist and drug runner to have this but really, seems to me that this will do the most damage to countries other than the US.

First it was saturday nite specials and now it's 3-d guns. Have the radical anti-gun nuts ever been out of their parent's basement? A decent machine shop can build a gun that is ten times better than this hunk of junk. The US government built a similar looking weapon during WW2 made of stamped metal called the "liberator" and the joke was that the gun took longer to load than it did to make.

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes
liberatorforbes1.jpg

The Liberator fired a standard .380 handgun round without visible damage, though it also misfired on another occasion when the firing pin failed to hit the primer cap in the loaded cartridge due a misalignment in the hammer body, resulting in an anti-climactic thunk.

Feds defend decision to scrub 3D gun plans from Internet | Fox News

Why did they bother?

Defense Distributed
HOME OF THE WIKI WEAPON PROJECT

The nutters will want for every terrorist and drug runner to have this but really, seems to me that this will do the most damage to countries other than the US.

First it was saturday nite specials and now it's 3-d guns. Have the radical anti-gun nuts ever been out of their parent's basement? A decent machine shop can build a gun that is ten times better than this hunk of junk. The US government built a similar looking weapon during WW2 made of stamped metal called the "liberator" and the joke was that the gun took longer to load than it did to make.

the issue to ban Saturday night specials was aimed directly at disarming blacks

once again

I built a "magnet gun" many years ago. Basically, it was silent arm, using electromagnetics that shot a small magnetic "hockey puck" at around 1200 fps. Capable of holding up to 15 pucks.

that was a school project back then

today the navy has a real neat one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OqlTXwLG40]Demonstration of the Navy Electromagnetic Rail Gun prototype - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back