Build.

Your post is so full of complete and utter bullshit, it's hard to know where to start. This operation was set in India because there is no possible way we could have been competitive otherwise. Actually, the salaries were not the main reason operating in the US was prohibitive. It was taxes and regulations that prevent me from creating dozens of new US jobs. If it was only a salary issue, we'd build here.

I tried everything within my power to make this work in the US. I cannot change the realities of the government involvement in my business...no matter how much I wish it so.

If people "deserve" healthcare, work to amend the Constitution and make it a right. In the mean time, dumping the responsibility on businesses that have nothing to do with health insurance is fucking ridiculous. You can buy health insurance as an individual or a group without government requiring businesses to provide it. Nixon was an asshole.

You haven't a clue what Indian workers know about salaries in other countries. I'm sure a Google search is beyond them, eh? If you want Americans to continue to earn high wages with strong employment opportunities, quit supporting the fucking nanny state central planners that continue to prevent economic growth in this country.

Okay, I'll get right to the point. What regulations are preventing you from having your business in the US? Be specific, otherwise you're just making a blanket statement based on your ideology.

I'll admit, I admire that you tried to keep operations in the US. It just frustrates me that companies do choose to outsource rather then start up their business here. All that does is hurt the country. I also understand that it is something done to remain competitive because others are doing it as mentioned. That is why the government should stop letting companies benefit from it. I think you should get a massive fine if you lay off workers and then move the operation to another country. Plus, I think the tax laws that currently favor outsourcing need to be changed. Hopefully it's something that's looked at soon.

It's not the government preventing economic growth. It's the government bending over for companies and corporations that's doing that. They put in a ton of ways for companies or corporations to dodge taxes. They also agreed to free trade agreements that benefit other countries and not this one. And if regulation is so evil, why is Canada such a better economic environment right now? Or Germany?

Last edited:
High speed rail that few will use at
High speed rail, upgrade the energy grids, upgrade telecommunications infrastructure, hydroelectric dams, wind farms, solar farms, nuclear power plants..etc.

Sheesh..really?

High speed rail that few will use at the cost of billions of tax dollars.

Hydro electric dams that will flood tens of thousands of acres and put people out of their homes

Wind and solar farms that will uglify thousands of acres of wilderness

The only thing I can agree on is the grid and nuclear plants but since nukes are so heavily regulated and we are too stupid to recycle our nuclear waste, nuclear plants are almost impossible to build.

How much do these things cost?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRVbr1OfKc"]F22 Raptor - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2KYU97y2L8"]USS Nimitz Navy Aircraft Carrier Operations - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db5Xnw43uz0&feature=relmfu"]Takeoff! - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_TL7qsUSI&feature=related"]Los Angeles Class Emergency Surfacing - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S6EDNrfSsA"]Nuclear missile launch - YouTube[/ame]
I don't know.

How much THIS worth defending?

iwo-jima-flag-raising.jpg

It's not free you know, nor is it paid for by fairy sprinkles and toilet paper money.

Once again, cost analysis eludes the left.

Your post is so full of complete and utter bullshit, it's hard to know where to start. This operation was set in India because there is no possible way we could have been competitive otherwise. Actually, the salaries were not the main reason operating in the US was prohibitive. It was taxes and regulations that prevent me from creating dozens of new US jobs. If it was only a salary issue, we'd build here.

I tried everything within my power to make this work in the US. I cannot change the realities of the government involvement in my business...no matter how much I wish it so.

If people "deserve" healthcare, work to amend the Constitution and make it a right. In the mean time, dumping the responsibility on businesses that have nothing to do with health insurance is fucking ridiculous. You can buy health insurance as an individual or a group without government requiring businesses to provide it. Nixon was an asshole.

You haven't a clue what Indian workers know about salaries in other countries. I'm sure a Google search is beyond them, eh? If you want Americans to continue to earn high wages with strong employment opportunities, quit supporting the fucking nanny state central planners that continue to prevent economic growth in this country.

I think you should get a massive fine if you lay off workers and then move the operation to another country...

I guess it's not Fascism when you do it, eh? Pass.

And no, I can't name the thousands of regulations, rules and laws at the federal, state, county, and city level that contribute to increased costs at every level in the chain of production. It's the end cost, obviously, which in my case was 3x.

And no, I can't name the thousands of regulations, rules and laws at the federal, state, county, and city level that contribute to increased costs at every level in the chain of production. It's the end cost, obviously, which in my case was 3x.

How is that Fascism? That's protecting American workers and punishing a company for moving operations to another country. In the end that hurts the US and it forces other companies to look at that option to remain competitive. On top of my other idea, I also think companies who create jobs here should get a tax credit for every new worker they hire. Maybe you look at lowering the corporate tax a little.

You didn't answer the other point I made. Why does Germany and/or Canada have a better economic environment then the US? Companies are "regulated" even more so in those 2 places.

How is that Fascism? That's protecting American workers and punishing a company for moving operations to another country. In the end that hurts the US and it forces other companies to look at that option to remain competitive. On top of my other idea, I also think companies who create jobs here should get a tax credit for every new worker they hire. Maybe you look at lowering the corporate tax a little.

You didn't answer the other point I made. Why does Germany and/or Canada have a better economic environment then the US? Companies are "regulated" even more so in those 2 places.

I challenge you to prove that German and Canadian businesses are more regulated in terms the price of doing business. I would say both of those countries have too much as do we. Every sector differs. Perhaps the reason both of those countries are not in the same shape we are economically is due to lower overall debt, no military to pay for, and a low, flat corporate tax rate (which Canada is about to lower again).

And yes, meddling in the affairs of companies like you suggest, despite what YOU might perceive as beneficial (I do not), is a perfect example fascistic central planning. It's the attempt to centrally plan economies, place price controls on money (Fed), and burdensome regulations that hamper economic growth, particularly when paired with high and uneven tax rates. You nanny staters think you know what is best for others but you do not. Get the fuck out of the way and those of us that actually create jobs do so.

I don't know.

It's not free you know, nor is it paid for by fairy sprinkles and toilet paper money.

Sure is.

When was the last time we were invaded?

And why are we spending more then the rest of the world combined?

We expecting the Death Star?

I challenge you to prove that German and Canadian businesses are more regulated in terms the price of doing business. I would say both of those countries have too much as do we. Every sector differs. Perhaps the reason both of those countries are not in the same shape we are economically is due to lower overall debt, no military to pay for, and a low, flat corporate tax rate (which Canada is about to lower again).

And yes, meddling in the affairs of companies like you suggest, despite what YOU might perceive as beneficial (I do not), is a perfect example fascistic central planning. It's the attempt to centrally plan economies, place price controls on money (Fed), and burdensome regulations that hamper economic growth, particularly when paired with high and uneven tax rates. You nanny staters think you know what is best for others but you do not. Get the fuck out of the way and those of us that actually create jobs do so.

What exactly do you build?

:confused:

Efficient distribution systems, mostly dealing with accommodating the placement of a contractual relationship between parties, some dealing with an exchange of money for goods or services. Through the use of creative business models and technology, I find ways to make the middle man less onerous, more efficient, and less costly to the parties involved. In some cases, our services are bundled with an online social media based marketing engine. Some of the companies I've launched have a consumer facing element (an interactive website), sometimes we're just the mechanics behind the scene.

Efficient distribution systems, mostly dealing with accommodating the placement of a contractual relationship between parties, some dealing with an exchange of money for goods or services. Through the use of creative business models and technology, I find ways to make the middle man less onerous, more efficient, and less costly to the parties involved. In some cases, our services are bundled with an online social media based marketing engine. Some of the companies I've launched have a consumer facing element (an interactive website), sometimes we're just the mechanics behind the scene.

Ah..now I understand.

You aren't really dealing with data of any consequence.

Ah..now I understand.

As in national security consequence? No, but I assure you the data we deal with, particularly when governments are involved, is of significant consequence to the parties involved. Our customers include state governments and some of the largest corporations in the country. The back end nature in some of our models is extremely complex and requiring of high levels of security. Look, you want to belittle what I do for living, go ahead. I'll refrain from ad hominem attacks and focus on the issues being debated.

Ah..now I understand.

As in national security consequence? No, but I assure you the data we deal with, particularly when governments are involved, is of significant consequence to the parties involved. Our customers include state governments and some of the largest corporations in the country. The back end nature in some of our models is extremely complex and requiring of high levels of security. Look, you want to belittle what I do for living, go ahead. I'll refrain from ad hominem attacks and focus on the issues being debated.

I was just wondering because you posted you never run into any problems with outsourcing. I've worked for some pretty serious places and we ALWAYS run into problems. Whether they be simple ones, like language issues, or more complex ones like programmers out and out lying about their abilities. That and we were dealing with other issues I can't discuss on an open forum. My girlfriend works for one of the premier packaging companies in the world and she travels to India frequently. Despite a very good economy..the country is still a mess. They refuse to spend on infrastructure. You can't travel the roads after dark..and during the day travel is at best dodgy. They refuse to spend on police and other services as the attack on the Taj so aptly showed (By the way..my girlfriend stays there frequently). When Coke and Pepsi opened up plants in India they ran into problems when they used the water for their products. People started getting sick.

So I am really quite surprised.

I don't know.

Sure is.

Well, it seems to be we've inherited the cost of defending most of europe and our allies all over the world. Otherwise, they'd be in deeper shit than they are now because they'd actually have to HAVE a REAL military, not this over-educated military police force with the tactical acumen of a JROTC Drill Team. Don't forget, I'm all for cutting out 95% of our military aid, save to our dearest allies like the UK, Australia, Canada, Israel and Japan. But let's end all the foreign bases that support large section of other nation's economies as well, pull back to our own boarders and let the rest of the world sod off under their own power while we return to a proper Washingtonian foreign policy.

You game? we can put them to work building bases near our northern and southern borders and actually defend ourselves for once and make our borders mean something.

I don't know.

Sure is.

Well, it seems to be we've inherited the cost of defending most of europe and our allies all over the world. Otherwise, they'd be in deeper shit than they are now because they'd actually have to HAVE a REAL military, not this over-educated military police force with the tactical acumen of a JROTC Drill Team. Don't forget, I'm all for cutting out 95% of our military aid, save to our dearest allies like the UK, Australia, Canada, Israel and Japan. But let's end all the foreign bases that support large section of other nation's economies as well, pull back to our own boarders and let the rest of the world sod off under their own power while we return to a proper Washingtonian foreign policy.

You game? we can put them to work building bases near our northern and southern borders and actually defend ourselves for once and make our borders mean something.

Sure..except I'd cut those "allies" as well.

Of course this is something that would have to be done slowly..as weening the economy of the military-industrial complex would be a shock if done to quickly.

The border thing is okay..but I am all for devoting more resources toward space exploration and rapid response exercises for deployment to help with natural disasters.

Sure is.

Sure..except I'd cut those "allies" as well.

Of course this is something that would have to be done slowly..as weening the economy of the military-industrial complex would be a shock if done to quickly.

The border thing is okay..but I am all for devoting more resources toward space exploration and rapid response exercises for deployment to help with natural disasters.
Why does it have to be slowly. I say we do it in 2-4 years, you know, as fast as we can build bases back here for them to relocate back to.

NASA's too busy with muslim outreach and glowbull wurming. Time to cut the cord and privatize space exploration if that is what they're going to be doing with our money.

Why does it have to be slowly. I say we do it in 2-4 years, you know, as fast as we can build bases back here for them to relocate back to.

NASA's too busy with muslim outreach and glowbull wurming. Time to cut the cord and privatize space exploration if that is what they're going to be doing with our money.

2-4 years? Ugh. That would cause a huge impact to our economy.

And what is it with you guys and private industry? Very little tech or innovation that is completely new comes out of the private sector. Why? Because they are much to much risk adverse. Having had a couple of failed businesses myself..I get it. It ain't no fun losing the big money.

And it wouldn't be private industry that does the space thing either..it would be China or Russia.

You cited Canada's lower corporate tax rate. I said the corporate tax should be lowered so that much we can agree on.

I'm also very familar with Canada. That's where I grew up and I know a lot about what they do up there. I can tell you that they have just as much regulation if not more so. For example, somebody can't just be fired on the spot in Canada. You need to be notified in advance (based on age, years with company etc.) and Canada also has a bunch of other employee protections. The minimum wage is over $10 up there as well. The one major difference is healthcare. Companies don't have to worry about it because they have universal healthcare.

But many US companies are moving their operations to Canada recently even though they have a lot of the same regulations that the US does. Why is that? It can't just be the corporate tax issue? The minimum wage is higher so that's not it either. Maybe it's the fact that they don't have to pay for healthcare? I'll buy that but that proves the point that the way the US does healthcare is very inefficient. The point being this...Canada is even more centrally planned then the US is and they are not struggling as much.

You cited Canada's lower corporate tax rate. I said the corporate tax should be lowered so that much we can agree on.

I'm also very familar with Canada. That's where I grew up and I know a lot about what they do up there. I can tell you that they have just as much regulation if not more so. For example, somebody can't just be fired on the spot in Canada. You need to be notified in advance (based on age, years with company etc.) and Canada also has a bunch of other employee protections. The minimum wage is over $10 up there as well. The one major difference is healthcare. Companies don't have to worry about it because they have universal healthcare.

But many US companies are moving their operations to Canada recently even though they have a lot of the same regulations that the US does. Why is that? It can't just be the corporate tax issue? The minimum wage is higher so that's not it either. Maybe it's the fact that they don't have to pay for healthcare? I'll buy that but that proves the point that the way the US does healthcare is very inefficient. The point being this...Canada is even more centrally planned then the US is and they are not struggling as much.

How much does Canada spend on national defense?

It sure as hell could "just be the corporate tax"! Makes a massive difference, especially comparing Canada to the US. Both countries are over regulated and would fair far better economically if the nanny staters would stop believing they know what's best for other people.

Forum List

Back