🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

'Bullying' in the NFL?

There is something pathetic about a very large grown man crying about bullies.

When you are bullied into picking up a $58,000.00 plus dinner / bar tab for the team because you are rookie? You can tell us about it. Until then? I don't think there is any way you can make such a claim. Unless you are in their shoes, you really do not know anything at all. Let's be honest here. - Jeri

Let's be honest here.

What would have happened if he didn't pick up the tab?

Nothing.

Then why did he pick up the tab? In fact why did any of the rookies pick up the tab if that were true? ( no one refused )

Here is a good question. What would be the motive for lying about something like this? There has to be a motive. If there is no motive then it falls apart. So the motive is they want to be hated by the other NFL team members? The motive is they want to ruin their own careers by bringing to light something that makes the NFL look bad? The motive is they don't have enough enemies and wish to add more? Motive anyone?

I read the article, it says basically the jury is still out on whether team mates will support him or not. Here is my problem with that......... who cares? What does it matter whether the other team mates support him or not? If he doesn't stand and conquer this thing no one else behind him will. Public opinion is a damnable thing. I cannot think of anything that will cause someone to make the wrong decision in a matter more often than peer pressure. I wouldn't cave into that thing if I had a tidal wave of opposition coming at me on it. If he is right, he's right. He needs to make a stand and hold on. If he doesn't? The other rookies behind him won't stand a chance. He is going to have to do it. My 3 cents.

- Jeri

NY Giants? Antrel Rolle has advice for Jonathan Martin: ?stand up for yourself?* - NY Daily News

I believe Rolle has missed the point here. The man is standing up for himself even though it wasn't on their time table. Being forced to pick up a tab for something he was not even attending, being bullied by another team member at the behest of the coaches, these things must be stood up to and he is doing it now. So I applaud his courage and would encourage him to keep standing and do not lay down for anyone. He cannot afford to because what he is doing right now will define what other rookies tomorrow will do. It only takes one to make a stand. Then the whole thing will fall apart. Bulllies are really adept at creating an illusion of power, authority, that in reality they do not have at all. You see how fast this bully rolled over and exposed the bullies who put him up to it? It is only a matter of time before the truth comes out. They always cave when the pressure is on. Bullies do not have any real power or authority. They just want you to believe they have it. The fact is these coaches are replacable and by all means they should be replaced. If someone is abusing their authority they should lose it. No one is expendable and that includes coaches. The owners will do what is in their own best interest here. You can be sure of that. - Jeri

In defense of Richie Incognito:

Dolphins coaches told Richie Incognito to toughen up Jonathan Martin

Read more: Dolphins coaches told Richie Incognito to toughen up Jonathan Martin: report - NY Daily News

There is no excuse for Richie Incognito. Bullying and harrassment is not part of his job description. He was hired to play ball. So let him play ball or get out of the way and make room for someone who will. ( without bullying team mates ) He should have stood up to the coaches and refused. That is where it fell apart. He's weak. Bullies are weak. That is why the coaches chose him for this assignment. Get it? - Jeri

All workers are not to be subjected to such abuse in an unionized work place.

End of story.

Start at the top and clean house. Make an example out of that team and then the entire NFL will fall into line. Anyone who thinks this is happening inside one team and is an isolated case is deceiving themselves. This is an attitude / a stronghold and it has to be utterly demolished. - Jeri

The Dolphins are trying to cover their ass over this PC bullshit and the negative publicity that is being generated. This is a case of rookie hazing - nothing more.

"If the league finds the Dolphins were aware of the alleged harassment and failed to act, Martin could have a grievance on the grounds of an unsafe workplace – a significant issue for any union. And if the Dolphins failed to follow any terms of the collective bargaining agreement in suspending Incognito, he could have a grievance as well."

NFL Players Association will support 'all players' in Dolphins mess

You might want to consider outlawing the game, because it is violent and thrives on toughness - both mental and physical. Some people can embrace it and others can't:

""How is bullying something that's even mentioned regarding the NFL?" Williams wondered. "Because that's kind of what we're taught to do -- at least on the field -- is to bully the guy across from us so we can win the football game."

Ricky Williams: Maybe Martin doesn't belong in NFL - NFL.com

You might want to consider outlawing the game, because it is violent and thrives on toughness - both mental and physical. Some people can embrace it and others can't:

""How is bullying something that's even mentioned regarding the NFL?" Williams wondered. "Because that's kind of what we're taught to do -- at least on the field -- is to bully the guy across from us so we can win the football game."

Ricky Williams: Maybe Martin doesn't belong in NFL - NFL.com

ON the field. Not off it, Decus. Outlaw hazing and bullying off the field? Absolutely. It should have never been tolerated to begin with. Get rid of it! - Jeri

The Dolphins are trying to cover their ass over this PC bullshit and the negative publicity that is being generated. This is a case of rookie hazing - nothing more.

"If the league finds the Dolphins were aware of the alleged harassment and failed to act, Martin could have a grievance on the grounds of an unsafe workplace – a significant issue for any union. And if the Dolphins failed to follow any terms of the collective bargaining agreement in suspending Incognito, he could have a grievance as well."

This is a case of breaking the law. I hope the victims are compensated. Once Martin is vindicated the others will step up and tell their stories. Just wait. This is an avalanche coming down the mountain here. You've heard nothing yet. I'm sure. - Jeri

This is a case of breaking the law. I hope the victims are compensated. Once Martin is vindicated the others will step up and tell their stories. Just wait. This is an avalanche coming down the mountain here. You've heard nothing yet. I'm sure. - Jeri

Martin's mother is an attorney specializing in labor law. Is it possible that Martin is setting this up as a lawsuit? I can see a big payday but no real harm to Martin. Time for some serious tort reform.

The voice mails sent by Richie to Martin were back in April.......April - some eight months earlier. This is really starting to smell like Martin doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL and is looking for a payday.

Report: Coaches wanted Incognito to toughen up Martin | ProFootballTalk

Forum List

Back