🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

'Bullying' in the NFL?

The Dolphins are trying to cover their ass over this PC bullshit and the negative publicity that is being generated. This is a case of rookie hazing - nothing more.

"If the league finds the Dolphins were aware of the alleged harassment and failed to act, Martin could have a grievance on the grounds of an unsafe workplace – a significant issue for any union. And if the Dolphins failed to follow any terms of the collective bargaining agreement in suspending Incognito, he could have a grievance as well."

NFL Players Association will support 'all players' in Dolphins mess

Report: Coaches wanted Incognito to toughen up Martin | ProFootballTalk

How smart is it to ask Incognito,knowing his history, to toughen someone up?

The voice mails sent by Richie to Martin were back in April.......April - some eight months earlier. This is really starting to smell like Martin doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL and is looking for a payday.

What? He started for the Dolphins.

The Dolphin offensive line sucks....the worst in the league this season. Martin started in all games this season. The O line he plays on gave up 35 sacks in the first seven games. Pathetic.

The NFL players will learn what the fraternities learned. Hazing is no longer accepted. Coaching staffs looking the other way while younger players are abused will no longer be accepted

Does Hazing make you a better football player?

Hazing can and has served as an initiation rite and as a means of integrating a group. It can help to build a sense of unity with others and reinforce a team attitude. Basic training in certain branches of the military cause recruits to undergo extreme hardship to determine whether the person is worthy of being a team member. The exercises do not serve to make the individual a better soldier but to ascertain whether they are worthy of being a member of the team and if others can rely on them to step up. In this context, hazing can contribute to team building. Because football is a team sport, and teams, not individual players win games, my answer is a yes.

Last edited:
I disagree,Unkotare. Bullying can take place in the work place, at home, at college, a university or a high school. Even on the internet forums such as facebook. Bullying is not just about little kids in school. Wake up. A rookie in the NFL should not be bullied into paying a $54,000.00 plus food bill because he happens to be a "rookie".. If it were you that had been bullied into paying that tab, you'd get the picture real fast.

- Jeri

:confused: What exactly do you disagree with?

What is so confusing? You said, Bully is something you associate with little kids in school, not among professional football players. I disagreed with you. Why are you confused?

Let me give you this story I saw on a video tape not too long ago. A woman in the street beating up her much smaller husband while the neighbors and their very own children looked on. Was this man being bullied? Yes. By his own wife. Unusual? Yes. True? Yes. Truth is stranger than fiction. Do not be so surprised, Unkotare. And on the matter of rookie players being bullied into paying restaurant tabs of $58,000.00 plus? I think not! I would demand a refund and name the people publicly who forced them to comply with such a thing. It happened to more than one rookie player. They are sure to get it after this story is finished. - Jeri

I am not "surprised," thanks. I didn't say this kind of behavior doesn't take place, but that the term "bullying" is associated with little kids in school rather than big, tough pro football players. Your didactic response was odd.

Some of the texts included racial slurs, and in one he threatened to punch the guy's mother in the mouth. Anyone who thinks that kind of shit is "funny" has something seriously fucking wrong with them.

The Dolphins are trying to cover their ass over this PC bullshit and the negative publicity that is being generated. This is a case of rookie hazing - nothing more.

"If the league finds the Dolphins were aware of the alleged harassment and failed to act, Martin could have a grievance on the grounds of an unsafe workplace – a significant issue for any union. And if the Dolphins failed to follow any terms of the collective bargaining agreement in suspending Incognito, he could have a grievance as well."

NFL Players Association will support 'all players' in Dolphins mess

This is a case of breaking the law. I hope the victims are compensated. Once Martin is vindicated the others will step up and tell their stories. Just wait. This is an avalanche coming down the mountain here. You've heard nothing yet. I'm sure. - Jeri

Martin's mother is an attorney specializing in labor law. Is it possible that Martin is setting this up as a lawsuit? I can see a big payday but no real harm to Martin. Time for some serious tort reform.

And you are now slandering the victim rather than placing the blame where it belongs because.....................?

Too funny. Another case of PC run amuck?

Have you seen the texts and voicemail this psycho sent to Martin?

People won't care unless its something that offends them personally, so alot of people think the texts and voicemails are no big deal and Martin should get over it.

I care and I am telling you plenty of other people out there care too! What happened to Martin is happening to others and he has got to stand his ground and see it through. He has to. It is bullying, Gravity. It is a HUGE deal. HUGE! - Jeri

Veteran to rookie: Pick up this meal tab

Rookie to Veteran: No

Happens every day at every level of sport

Blown way out of proportion

Not true. These rookies are being forced to pick up dinner and bar tabs of excess $58,000.00. Even when they are not present and in another state! This is robbery! Please. Tell this to someone who will believe it. Not me. No one says, Bully me out of $58,000.00 today because I feel like being robbed! No one.

-Jeri

NY Giants? Antrel Rolle has advice for Jonathan Martin: ?stand up for yourself?* - NY Daily News

I believe Rolle has missed the point here. The man is standing up for himself even though it wasn't on their time table.

Did you ever play football? Or any sport?

How would this be relative to identifying a situation of Bullying? Wouldn't it be better to say, have you ever been the victim of a bully? How about in the work place? In the business world? There you go... that is the line of questioning for that one! - Jeri

:confused: What exactly do you disagree with?

What is so confusing? You said, Bully is something you associate with little kids in school, not among professional football players. I disagreed with you. Why are you confused?

Let me give you this story I saw on a video tape not too long ago. A woman in the street beating up her much smaller husband while the neighbors and their very own children looked on. Was this man being bullied? Yes. By his own wife. Unusual? Yes. True? Yes. Truth is stranger than fiction. Do not be so surprised, Unkotare. And on the matter of rookie players being bullied into paying restaurant tabs of $58,000.00 plus? I think not! I would demand a refund and name the people publicly who forced them to comply with such a thing. It happened to more than one rookie player. They are sure to get it after this story is finished. - Jeri

I am not "surprised," thanks. I didn't say this kind of behavior doesn't take place, but that the term "bullying" is associated with little kids in school rather than big, tough pro football players. Your didactic response was odd.

Whereas I find your response obtuse not to mention the part about bullying being associated with "little kids".. what world are you living in anyhow? - Jeri

NY Giants? Antrel Rolle has advice for Jonathan Martin: ?stand up for yourself?* - NY Daily News

I believe Rolle has missed the point here. The man is standing up for himself even though it wasn't on their time table.

Did you ever play football? Or any sport?

How would this be relative to identifying a situation of Bullying? Wouldn't it be better to say, have you ever been the victim of a bully? How about in the work place? In the business world? There you go... that is the line of questioning for that one! - Jeri

Answer the question.

Veteran to rookie: Pick up this meal tab

Rookie to Veteran: No

Happens every day at every level of sport

Blown way out of proportion

Not true. These rookies are being forced to pick up dinner and bar tabs of excess $58,000.00. Even when they are not present and in another state! This is robbery! Please. Tell this to someone who will believe it. Not me. No one says, Bully me out of $58,000.00 today because I feel like being robbed! No one.

-Jeri

Bull. The guys an nfl lineman. Nobody put a gun to his head. That's theft. Not saying no is foolishness. Nothing more, nothing less

Bullying exists everywhere, Kobe Bryant bullied Dwight Howard for a whole year in LA last year.

I agree, I have even seen it on internet message boards....:lol:

Anyone who is caught doing it should be confronted about it publicly. I do not think anyone wants to be known as a bully when it comes right down to it, Connery. When I was administator of some message boards which I owned some years ago I noticed that the people who contacted my Moderators and Admin with reports and filed complaints against others? They were the exact same people bullying people on the boards! I couldn't get over that one.

It never ceased to amaze me how they didn't recognize what they were doing but the truth is? They didn't! Those who did, didn't care... they would even try to manipulate ME into doing what they wanted done! lol! You just can't make it up. I'm telling you. I am happy to never admin or moderate a board again as long as I live! The bully loves to pretend that they are the real victim. It's classic!!! Some even try to appoint their own moderators so they can control it from that end. Makes you wonder if they have a life!

- Jeri

Last edited:

Forum List

Back