Burning Man Is Infested With Tiny, Desert-Resistant Bugs

"Upon arrival, all first-timers are asked to ring a bell at the entrance and roll around on the ground to "make love with the dust, so you'll become one with the playa." These newcomers will also experience having their butts spanked by the welcoming crew. Get used to it they'll say, grab ass is part of the repertoire. First-time Burners are universally called "virgins," another strong sexual connotation to an event bursting with them. The sexual vibe begins before the citizens of Black Rock City even arrive. Old-timers will tell you the event has always favored a strong release of pheromones."

It figures winterborn is infesting this thread.

Sex, Lies and Desert Dust at Burning Man

Why am I not surprised that you selectively quoted your link. It also says:
"Since clothing is optional, Burning Man has gained a reputation for debauchery. But don't be fooled, like any city of this size law enforcement officials will tell you that excessive drinking, drug use, and public sex acts are all considered crimes. While random hookups are not illegal, the cops are lurking and more than willing to uphold the law. Open defecation and public sex are officially banned in Black Rock City."

But yeah, folks at burns do typically enjoy their libido and lose some of the uptight, puritanical natures that you seem to think everyone should live by.

Enjoy the bugs.

As long as I stay away from your double-wide, I shouldn't have any problem with bugs.

What the heck is this all about?

Just typical hostility towards anything different or anything they don't do themselves.

Okay, fill me in on what Burning Man is, and what is supposed to happen in 10 days.

Burning Man is, like many "burns" a sort of camping community & artistic event. It is sort of hippyish in nature.

Sounds like my kind of event. :D

Looks like they're having a good time!

Just typical hostility towards anything different or anything they don't do themselves.

Okay, fill me in on what Burning Man is, and what is supposed to happen in 10 days.

Burning Man is, like many "burns" a sort of camping community & artistic event. It is sort of hippyish in nature.

I have friends who love to go to burns (there are several around the southeast). I prefer my camping on a smaller scale, but people swear they are great fun.

I'm sure the post-burning man abortion numbers skyrocket as a result, so I'm sure you'll do your part to promote it.

You must be a liberal.

Oh, so anyone who does not dislike or demean things they don't do or that are out of the ordinary is a liberal? lol

Ok. List me as a pro-gun, pro-Fair Tax, pro small gov't liberal. I mean, since you have to have a niche for everyone.

You're probably to the "right" of me, but I like you anyway. :)

I'm sure the post-burning man abortion numbers skyrocket as a result, so I'm sure you'll do your part to promote it.

I think I'll go open a condom booth out there next year. Would you like to participate in educating people on the importance of safe sex, or would you rather sit on this forum and bitch about what people are going to do regardless?

"Upon arrival, all first-timers are asked to ring a bell at the entrance and roll around on the ground to "make love with the dust, so you'll become one with the playa." These newcomers will also experience having their butts spanked by the welcoming crew. Get used to it they'll say, grab ass is part of the repertoire. First-time Burners are universally called "virgins," another strong sexual connotation to an event bursting with them. The sexual vibe begins before the citizens of Black Rock City even arrive. Old-timers will tell you the event has always favored a strong release of pheromones."

You make it sound fun! I think I'll plan a vacation there.

All the bugs in the desert heard that there are a bunch of dirty assholes gathering in one place and acting stupid. Ring the dinner bell.

You really do work hard at being an asshole, don't you?

Sorry I didnt know the bugs had defenders

It is not about defending the bugs. I was referring to her calling everyone involved in burning man "...a bunch of dirty assholes gathering in one place and acting stupid".
burningman_costumes_450.jpg

I'm sure the stink bugs aren't the only bugs they're crawling with.

To each his own, but I am more offended by war pics and body bags.

I have friends who love to go to burns (there are several around the southeast). I prefer my camping on a smaller scale, but people swear they are great fun.

This is new to me. I guess I live a sheltered life. :p

Or the people use a lot of condoms. 48k people, you are going to have some people be stupid.

"Since clothing is optional, Burning Man has gained a reputation for debauchery. But don't be fooled, like any city of this size law enforcement officials will tell you that excessive drinking, drug use, and public sex acts are all considered crimes. While random hookups are not illegal, the cops are lurking and more than willing to uphold the law. Open defecation and public sex are officially banned in Black Rock City."

But yeah, folks at burns do typically enjoy their libido and lose some of the uptight, puritanical natures that you seem to think everyone should live by.

You're not surprised I DIDNT post this? If I was a spiteful asshole I would've because it doesnt speak well, but I didnt spiteful asshole, you did. I dont know why you have a bug up your ass about this.

Get it? huh? huh?

You're not surprised I DIDNT post this? If I was a spiteful asshole I would've because it doesnt speak well, but I didnt spiteful asshole, you did. I dont know why you have a bug up your ass about this.

Get it? huh? huh?

I quoted the resident harpy and her selective quoting of the article.

All the bugs in the desert heard that there are a bunch of dirty assholes gathering in one place and acting stupid. Ring the dinner bell.

You really do work hard at being an asshole, don't you?

Sorry I didnt know the bugs had defenders

It is not about defending the bugs. I was referring to her calling everyone involved in burning man "...a bunch of dirty assholes gathering in one place and acting stupid".
It's nothing new:
4661555356_f09700bb57.jpg

You must be a liberal.

Oh, so anyone who does not dislike or demean things they don't do or that are out of the ordinary is a liberal? lol

Ok. List me as a pro-gun, pro-Fair Tax, pro small gov't liberal. I mean, since you have to have a niche for everyone.

No. Getting your panties twisted over something this silly does.

You must be a liberal.

My panties are not in a twist. I simply called someone an asshole for being an asshole.

Hehe. 6 pages of arguing over what an asshole KoGi is. I bet it's not even a record yet. Keep it up children. :D

You must be a liberal.

My panties are not in a twist. I simply called someone an asshole for being an asshole.

That's funny. They call someone a name and that makes them an asshole according to you. So you call them names which then makes you an asshole too. Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Forum List

Back