Burning Qurans and Bibles

I guess you must not really have been paying attention then. The painting, which was part of the Sensation exhibit that was on loan to the Brooklyn Museum caused a ridiculous amount of outrage - with protests outside led by then-Mayor Giuliani, and a man attacking the painting with a bucket of white paint.

There was just as much, if not more of an uproar and "OUTRAGE" about that as there was about the Koran burning.

This is why modern day liberals look like idiots.

The response to a piece of offensive art was protests, and someone deface the art itself.

The response to an offensive cartoon depicting Mohammad with a bomb in his turban was death threats, and attacks on Danish embassies throughout the world.

If you are incapable of seeing the difference between these two I am not the one that has a problem.

If you are incapable of reading what I wrote instead of what you seem to want me to write, there's nothing I can do to help you.

I read what you wrote. I understood it better than you think.

The burning of the Korans resulted in death threats against the US in general, the pastor being burnt in effigy, and probable danger to US troops overseas. The protests and uproars over that painting did not reach anywhere near that level of vindictiveness. Unless you can show me that those protest involved flags being burned and chants of death to America, you are still the one that has the problem.

This is why modern day liberals look like idiots.

The response to a piece of offensive art was protests, and someone deface the art itself.

The response to an offensive cartoon depicting Mohammad with a bomb in his turban was death threats, and attacks on Danish embassies throughout the world.

If you are incapable of seeing the difference between these two I am not the one that has a problem.

If you are incapable of reading what I wrote instead of what you seem to want me to write, there's nothing I can do to help you.

I read what you wrote. I understood it better than you think.

The burning of the Korans resulted in death threats against the US in general, the pastor being burnt in effigy, and probable danger to US troops overseas. The protests and uproars over that painting did not reach anywhere near that level of vindictiveness. Unless you can show me that those protest involved flags being burned and chants of death to America, you are still the one that has the problem.

What problem would that be, master reader?

If you read my posts, and understood it better than I think, why don't you show me where I compared the Islamic response to the threatened Koran burning to the protests against the Virgin-Mary-with-Dung painting.

Because I certainly didn't. I was responding only to the claims that "no one was outraged" when Christians were attacked. I didn't compare the outrage.

You read what you wanted to read, not what I wrote.

JF and BR are both trolls, and they have both lost. Why? BF merely attacks out of his hatred for Mexicans, and JF simply cannot carry an argument. Simple.

:lol: Can't carry the argument, huh? That's OK, you can stay and play with the adults, Jack.

It looks like the pastor in Florida kept his word. How are those guys in NYC doing?

Last edited:
The desire to burn a quran is an understandable one. I myself would like to see Mecca go down in flames in retaliation for 9-11.

But then my Christian teachings tell me that such violence would be wrong, and that I should pray for these Muslims to 'see the light'.

Sometimes its hard to abide with such teachings and take them to heart. But its what we do.

On the flip side, we can only turn the other cheek so often before we must turn to self defense. Is Islam pushing a Holy War because they sense weakness in Christian tolerance?

If the Islamic world had troops on the ground in America to maintain access to our wheat and corn, I believe you would see violent protests from Americans if some Imam publicized his contempt in the form of Bible burning.

To make our troops missionaries is inconsistent with our Constitution.

If the Islamic world had troops on the ground in America to maintain access to our wheat and corn, I believe you would see violent protests from Americans if some Imam publicized his contempt in the form of Bible burning.

The United States has a growing new export – ethanol fuel – and a lot is going to of all places the Middle East. New government data shows that nearly 46 million gallons of U.S. corn ethanol was exported in March, up from 4 million in march 2009.

Growing U.S. export: Corn ethanol | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Saudi Arabia and Iraq are the only two Middle East Countries in the top ten for importing oil to the US in 2010.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

Your entire post is a fantasy.

The desire to burn a quran is an understandable one. I myself would like to see Mecca go down in flames in retaliation for 9-11.

But then my Christian teachings tell me that such violence would be wrong, and that I should pray for these Muslims to 'see the light'.

Sometimes its hard to abide with such teachings and take them to heart. But its what we do.

On the flip side, we can only turn the other cheek so often before we must turn to self defense. Is Islam pushing a Holy War because they sense weakness in Christian tolerance?

Or is it a weakness in YOUR Christian tolerance that allows you to blame billions for the actions of few?

"Islam" is not out to get you. There are as many types of Islam as there are of Christianity, and as many levels of adhearance. A vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, faithful people. Why would punish them for the actions of a few by "burning Mecca to the ground"?

That's equivalent to carpet-bombing the Vatican "in retaliation" for pedophile priests.

The United States has a growing new export – ethanol fuel – and a lot is going to of all places the Middle East. New government data shows that nearly 46 million gallons of U.S. corn ethanol was exported in March, up from 4 million in march 2009.

Growing U.S. export: Corn ethanol | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

Saudi Arabia and Iraq are the only two Middle East Countries in the top ten for importing oil to the US in 2010.

Your entire post is a fantasy.

? Did you miss the troops on the ground part?

What part is the fantasy?

Or is it a weakness in YOUR Christian tolerance that allows you to blame billions for the actions of few?

"Islam" is not out to get you. There are as many types of Islam as there are of Christianity, and as many levels of adhearance. A vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, faithful people. Why would punish them for the actions of a few by "burning Mecca to the ground"?

That's equivalent to carpet-bombing the Vatican "in retaliation" for pedophile priests.

Keep telling your self that.

to clarify, it's a triumph of MY Christian tolerance that i DON'T give in to such a base urge for revenge.

i agree, all Islam itself is not out to get me. i never said it was. and i wouldn't punish many for the actions of a few. (see the above sentence.)

but there are Islamic extremists out to do harm to various countries in the predominantly Christian west, most specifically the United States. and i DO NOT see the rest of 'peace loving Islam' fervently denouncing such activity and/or demanding a stop to it. in their silence they appear to many as quietly agreeing with and supporting the extremist activity.

Last edited:
Jack Fate, Americans are not going to permit shari'a law in America any more than we are going to permit far right Christian law in America.

Forum List

Back