Bush I and Broccoli

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
Reporter:

I understand that you ordered that broccoli will not be served in the White House.

Bush:

When I was a kid my mother used to make me eat broccoli. When I got married my wife did. When I became VP the Reagans used to love and served broccoli at dinner.

Now I am president of the United States, and I'm not going to eat broccoli.

Last edited:
Reporter:

I understand that you ordered that broccoli will not be served in the White House.

Bush:

When I was a kid my mother used to make me eat broccoli. When I got married my wife did. When I became VP the Reagans used to love and serve broccoli at dinner.

Note to all children reading this thread....this will work with mom;

"Mom....don't you want me to be President? Forget the broccoli thing.."

Reporter:

Bush:

When I was a kid my mother used to make me eat broccoli. When I got married my wife did. When I became VP the Reagans used to love and serve broccoli at dinner.

Note to all children reading this thread....this will work with mom;

"Mom....don't you want me to be President? Forget the broccoli thing.."
You have obviously misunderstood. Making kids eat broccoli will give them the incentive to succeed so they don''t have to. Actually, I like broccoli, but okra would have worked with me.

You have obviously misunderstood. Making kids eat broccoli will give them the incentive to succeed so they don''t have to. Actually, I like broccoli, but okra would have worked with me.

Any vegetable is tolerable with enough butter and salt...except spinach....that's a weed isn't it?

The only way I liked broccoli was the made my mother made it. I don't how she prepared it but it contained olive oil, garlic and some other seasoning and heated it up. Never tasted anything like it.

The only way I liked broccoli was the made my mother made it. I don't how she prepared it but it contained olive oil, garlic and some other seasoning and heated it up. Never tasted anything like it.
Marinate the broccoli florets in olive oil, salt and garlic then lay them out on a cookie sheet and roast them just until they begin to be charred. I like to sprinkle them with parmesan cheese when they are served.

Broccoli is natural medicine. He shouldn't have neglected his medicine.

He lived to the ripe old age of 94. He clearly got enough proper nutrition.

I doubt anyone here will be sky-diving for his 90th birthday.

Reporter:

Bush:

When I was a kid my mother used to make me eat broccoli. When I got married my wife did. When I became VP the Reagans used to love and served broccoli at dinner.

I never felt closer to the man!

(Weirdly, I developed a real liking for it--broccoli--later)

Broccoli is natural medicine. He shouldn't have neglected his medicine.
And yet Bush I had the greatest longevity for a POTUS ever, Yet Carter could eclipse him soon.

Yep, a bit less than 4 months for him to break the record.
That's because Carter still eats his broccoli.

Didn't Carter's momma live to be really old?
Heavy broccoli eater.

Forum List

Back