But...but.....but............ Nobody Cares!

Care to compare that to the mess created by the acquisition and use of fossil fuels?

Depends on the oil field. They've learned how to do it right. Most will because it is cheaper. The only ones that won't are the government controlled ones because hey answer to no one....

My second experience was of the Kutubu oil field, operated by a subsidiary of the large international oil company Chevron Corporation and located in the Kikori River watershed of Papua New Guinea.1 The environment in the watershed is sensitive and difficult to work in because of frequent landslides, much limestone karst terrain, and one of the highest recorded rainfalls in the world (on the average, 1,092 cm per year and up to 36 cm per day). In 1993, Chevron engaged the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to prepare a large-scale integrated conservation and development project for the whole watershed. From 1998 to 2003, I made four visits of one month each to the oil fields and watershed as a consultant to WWF. I was allowed freedom to travel throughout the area in a WWF vehicle and to interview Chevron employees privately.

As my airplane flight from Papua New Guinea’s capital of Port Moresby droned on toward the field’s main airstrip at Moro, I looked out the airplane window for some signs of the oil field infrastructure that I expected to see looming up. I became increasingly puzzled still to be seeing only an uninterrupted expanse of rainforest stretching between the horizons. Finally, I spotted a road, but it was only a thin cleared line about 9 meters broad through the rainforest, in many places overhung with trees growing on either side—a birdwatcher’s dream.

Oil Change - Conservation

Look at all the denier bedwetters, pissing themselves uncontrollably after it got rubbed in their faces about what a tiny minority they are.

Everyone else, take heart. When denier kooks are blubbering, it's a sign good things are happening in the USA and the world.

Tiny minority?...You are as bad at math as you are at everything else...a couple of hundred thousand trash the surrounding country side...how many hundreds of millions didn't bother? I am afraid that the members of the cult of climate change are the minority and becoming smaller and quieter all the time...hell, look at the number of no shows at the climate summit....climate science is becoming more of a joke every day...

hell, look at the number of no shows at the climate summit

exactly once key players

didnt even bother

--LOL

The Oil Companies are the big winners, they get to sell more HydroCarbons to Big Solar and Big Wind, takes a lot of HydroCarbons to build 100's of miles of Solar and Wind.

The true deniers, are the ones pointing fingers while Oil Companies get fat, while the Politicians gain power, and the Special Interest Government Created Green Energy Industry enjoys great wealth.

The Peasants labor

The Oil Companies are the big winners, they get to sell more HydroCarbons to Big Solar and Big Wind, takes a lot of HydroCarbons to build 100's of miles of Solar and Wind.

The true deniers, are the ones pointing fingers while Oil Companies get fat, while the Politicians gain power, and the Special Interest Government Created Green Energy Industry enjoys great wealth.

The Peasants labor

Thing the warmers can't seem to grasp is that big oil makes money with a crisis or without a crisis....

Care to compare that to the mess created by the acquisition and use of fossil fuels?

Depends on the oil field. They've learned how to do it right. Most will because it is cheaper. The only ones that won't are the government controlled ones because hey answer to no one....

My second experience was of the Kutubu oil field, operated by a subsidiary of the large international oil company Chevron Corporation and located in the Kikori River watershed of Papua New Guinea.1 The environment in the watershed is sensitive and difficult to work in because of frequent landslides, much limestone karst terrain, and one of the highest recorded rainfalls in the world (on the average, 1,092 cm per year and up to 36 cm per day). In 1993, Chevron engaged the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to prepare a large-scale integrated conservation and development project for the whole watershed. From 1998 to 2003, I made four visits of one month each to the oil fields and watershed as a consultant to WWF. I was allowed freedom to travel throughout the area in a WWF vehicle and to interview Chevron employees privately.

As my airplane flight from Papua New Guinea’s capital of Port Moresby droned on toward the field’s main airstrip at Moro, I looked out the airplane window for some signs of the oil field infrastructure that I expected to see looming up. I became increasingly puzzled still to be seeing only an uninterrupted expanse of rainforest stretching between the horizons. Finally, I spotted a road, but it was only a thin cleared line about 9 meters broad through the rainforest, in many places overhung with trees growing on either side—a birdwatcher’s dream.

Canadian tar sands

http://realsociology.edublogs.org/files/2011/09/tarsands3-u4fila.jpg

Nigerian oil fields

Nigeria s agony dwarfs the Gulf oil spill. The US and Europe ignore it Environment The Observer

I wonder how many of the participants were SEIU and other government union workers who will claim pay for the day...

NOTE to reader, the text above beginning with "My second experience was with the Kutubu oil field..." is a quote from the article linked just above rather than a statement of Westwall's about his personal experience as, despite his complete failure to mark it as a quote in any way, I am certain he had no intention to give.

Depends on the oil field?

List of oil spills - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

A few highlights:

North Dakota train collision, Hiland, ND, 30 Dec 2013, 1,300 tons spilled

North Dakota pipeline spill, Casselton, ND, 25-29 Sep 2013, 2,810 tons spilled

Lac Megantic derailment, Quebec, 06 July 2013, 4,830 tons spilled

Guarapiche, Maratin, Venezuela, 04 Feb 2012, up to 41,000 tons spilled

Bonga Field, Nigeria, 21 Dec, 2011, 5,500 tons spilled

Little Buffalo oil spill, Alberta, Ca, 29 Apr 2011, 3,800 tons spilled

Xingang oil spill, China, Yellow Sea, 16-21 Jul 2010, up to 90,000 tons spilled

Deepwater Horizon spill, GoM; 20 April - 15 July 2010, up to 627,000 tons of oil spilled.

But the list goes on and on:
10,800 tons, 12,000 tons, 25,000 tons, 30,000 tons, 63,000 tons, 72,000 tons, 74,000 tons, 85,000 tons, 95,500 tons, 100,000 tons, 115,000 tons, 285,000 tons, 227,000 tons, 328,000 tons, 480,000 tons.....

The 'winner' is on home turf: the Lakeview oil spill, Kern County, California, 14 Mar 1910 through 10 Sep 1911, 1 million, 230 thousand tons of oil spilled on the ground.

So, please don't try to tell us that the acquisition of oil has left the planet unmarked. I think we all know that's complete crap.

NOTE to reader, the text above beginning with "My second experience was with the Kutubu oil field..." is a quote from the article linked just above rather than a statement of Westwall's about his personal experience as, despite his complete failure to mark it as a quote in any way, I am certain he had no intention to give.

A few highlights:

Deepwater Horizon spill, GoM; 20 April - 15 July 2010, up to 627,000 tons of oil spilled.

10,800 tons, 12,000 tons, 25,000 tons, 30,000 tons, 63,000 tons, 72,000 tons, 74,000 tons, 85,000 tons, 95,500 tons, 100,000 tons, 115,000 tons, 285,000 tons, 227,000 tons, 328,000 tons, 480,000 tons.....

The 'winner' is on home turf: the Lakeview oil spill, Kern County, California, 14 Mar 1910 through 10 Sep 1911, 1 million, 230 thousand tons of oil spilled on the ground.

So, please don't try to tell us that the acquisition of oil has left the planet unmarked. I think we all know that's complete crap.

unfortunately , the world runs on fossil fuels....and will continue to for the forseeable future.
purposely crippling america with partisan political scams to make us dependent on foreign oil isn't the solution.

LMAO..they wail and gnash their teeth and want more restrictive laws because of (fake) global warming...but a real threat like ebola inside our country and they don't bat an eye.

Border open, no restrictions enforced, come and go as you please.....silly partisans...

unfortunately , the world runs on fossil fuels....and will continue to for the forseeable future.

You are correct in that it is unfortunate. You are incorrect about the future. In the foreseeable future oil will have become scarce and prohibitively expensive to use as fuel whether or not we want to do so.

purposely crippling america with partisan political scams to make us dependent on foreign oil isn't the solution.

This is nonsense. No one is attempting to make us (more) dependent on foreign oil and no one is attempting to cripple this country (or any other) with partisan political scams. There is a recognized need to move away from coal and oil as fuels and move toward sustainable sources with little to no carbon output. Doing so cripples no one but those whose pockets such industries line.

You are correct in that it is unfortunate. You are incorrect about the future. In the foreseeable future oil will have become scarce and prohibitively expensive to use as fuel whether or not we want to do so.

LMAO..
How long? You don't know, do you? No one does.Just repeat the propaganda....

This is nonsense. No one is attempting to make us (more) dependent on foreign oil and no one is attempting to cripple this country (or any other) with partisan political scams. There is a recognized need to move away from coal and oil as fuels and move toward sustainable sources with little to no carbon output. Doing so cripples no one but those whose pockets such industries line.

Inventing new and more restrictive regulations and "policies" on energy exploration and providers does no good to america....but it does further cripple our economy.

Imagine gasoline at the same price as when obama was elected..1.80 per gallon. The economy would roar to life.

The general consensus among oil industry experts and geologists is that we've peaked. From a point now several years back, the trend of oil prices will be ever upward. If you want to argue that not knowing the precise date when it will become too expensive to burn is reason to keep burning it as if the supply were infinite, you're an idiot. That you'd like to blame the president for the price of oil only confirms that point.

A few highlights:

The comment is from Jared Diamond author of Collapse who happens to be the latest favorite of the warmist progressives. I've actually read the book. I wonder how many of you have? The point was that oil can be extracted with minimal impact. Kutubu is one of several that are now running clean operations. In fact Kutubu is so well run that if you want to see native species you have to go there because they are safer on that Big Oil company property then they are in wildlife sanctuaries.

And always remember, you extremist progressives have done more environmental harm to the State of California with your MTBE BS in ten years, then all of Big Oil was able to do in 100 years. Best look in the mirror next time you make a jackass statement like that cricky old boy...

The general consensus among oil industry experts and geologists is that we've peaked. From a point now several years back, the trend of oil prices will be ever upward. If you want to argue that not knowing the precise date when it will become too expensive to burn is reason to keep burning it as if the supply were infinite, you're an idiot. That you'd like to blame the president for the price of oil only confirms that point.

Oh goody. Another "peaker". So....how many peak oils have come and gone? You clowns are all alike.

A few highlights:

The comment is from Jared Diamond author of Collapse who happens to be the latest favorite of the warmist progressives. I've actually read the book. I wonder how many of you have? The point was that oil can be extracted with minimal impact. Kutubu is one of several that are now running clean operations. In fact Kutubu is so well run that if you want to see native species you have to go there because they are safer on that Big Oil company property then they are in wildlife sanctuaries. As far as the failure to quote, yes I failed to do so. However, I think even a moron can figure it out...it was in a centered paragraph with the link to the article.... Only a dipshit like you would think that was an effort to plagiarize.

And always remember, you extremist progressives have done more environmental harm to the State of California with your MTBE BS in ten years, then all of Big Oil was able to do in 100 years. Best look in the mirror next time you make a jackass statement like that cricky old boy...

paid volunteers and wackos...no one ever said that there weren't plenty of them.. a couple of hundred thousand showed up....how many hundreds of millions passed? The most important question is what sort of mess did they leave behind?...those save the earth types are invariably pigs...

Don't know the difference between a mail box and a garbage can?
ByFj0axCQAAuKfq.jpg

Typical leftovers from leftist parties.

ByEu8SAIUAA5VNj.jpg

ByFoFumCUAE6wps.jpg:large

ByGSZi0CcAAOMol.jpg
Looks like Democrats and socialists who trashed the Washington mall to give praise to Obama... trash everywhere.. most of it walking

Crick, remember that, like so many of the deniers, Westwall is a backer of the abiotic oil crank theory. So what if nobody can find the stuff? Like all of their science, they believe that if they hold true to their faith, the world will adjust itself to agree with them.

Forum List

Back