But...but.....but............ Nobody Cares!

Crick, remember that, like so many of the deniers, Westwall is a backer of the abiotic oil crank theory. So what if nobody can find the stuff? Like all of their science, they believe that if they hold true to their faith, the world will adjust itself to agree with them.

I am? Last I checked I hadn't put any money into it. I do own Sempra Energy stock though. Does that count?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your games are tedious.

Is the theory which states that vast commercially recoverable quantities of abiotic oil exist on earth correct or incorrect?

Please start off with a one-word answer of "correct" or "incorrect". Further hedging should wait until after you do that.

Your games are tedious.

Is the theory which states that vast commercially recoverable quantities of abiotic oil exist on earth correct or incorrect?

Please start off with a one-word answer of "correct" or "incorrect". Further hedging should wait until after you do that.

LOLz@ FozzilFuels.

Earth: the only body in the solar system that has to pressure cook velicoraptors in geological time to make hydrocarbons

Your games are tedious.

The only people who are tedious here are you and yours. Your continuing devotion to a failed religion was amusing for awhile, but now, it is just tedious. As far as your question go's....it hasn't been tested yet save in one case. That one case was a hole drilled into the middle of a continental craton where no oil should be found. They actually DID find oil.

Am I a backer of abitotic creation of oil? No, however, based on what we have seen in that ONE experiment, and the fact that there are abundant hydrocarbons on the planets and moons (and last time I checked there were no dinosaurs on Titan) it is a theory worth testing further.

Last edited:
We can bring oil back from Titan. That should be economical.

The point, silly person, is where did the hydrocarbons on Titan come from? Clearly they are of an abiotic nature so it is reasonable to hypothesize that oil on Earth could likewise be of a abiotic nature. Of course that's "scientific" thinking which you and your fellow religious fruitcakes try and stamp out at every turn.

Last edited:
The hydrocarbons on Titan came from sunlight acting on methane in the atmosphere, causing more complex hydrocarbons to rain out. Lacking any oxygen to oxidize them, they pile up.

Do you see any significant methane in earths atmosphere? That would be "no".

Do you see oxygen on earth which quickly oxidizes any stray hydrocarbons? That would be "yes".

Then it's kind of unlikely hydrocarbons will come raining out of the atmosphere, eh?

This illustrates the complete lack of common sense found in most deniers. If someone possesses common sense, they simply don't get sucked into the denier cult.

We can bring oil back from Titan. That should be economical.

The point, silly person, is where did the hydrocarbons on Titan come from? Clearly they are of an abiotic nature so it is reasonable to hypothesize that oil on Earth could likewise be of a abiotic nature. Of course that's "scientific" thinking which you and your fellow religious fruitcakes try and stamp out at every turn.

Not to mention that Titan has average temperatures several hundred degrees colder than Earth and also lacks Earths geologically active interior which is our hydrocarbon manufacturing plant

Last edited:
The hydrocarbons on Titan came from sunlight acting on methane in the atmosphere, causing more complex hydrocarbons to rain out. Lacking any oxygen to oxidize them, they pile up.

Do you see oxygen on earth which quickly oxidizes any stray hydrocarbons? That would be "yes".

Then it's kind of unlikely hydrocarbons will come raining out of the atmosphere, eh?

This illustrates the complete lack of common sense found in most deniers. If someone possesses common sense, they simply don't get sucked into the denier cult.

Earth has massive amounts of hydrogen (in water) and carbon to manufacture hydrocarbons. Clearly it uses a different abiotic process than a Moon with a surface temperature temperature of -180C

Are you really that dense?

Earth has massive amounts of hydrogen (in water) and carbon to manufacture hydrocarbons. Clearly it uses a different abiotic process than a Moon with a surface temperature temperature of -180C

Are you really that dense?
oh,oh,oh, I can answer that........yes he is!

So you're saying that it's astoundingly stupid to point to Titan as an example of what could happen on earth.

In other words, fully agreeing with our point, and refuting the point you and Westwall had been trying to make.

Thanks for so convincingly refuting your own point. Looks like this discussion is over.

And jc, quit with the asskissing. Don't you have any pride at all?

So you're saying that it's astoundingly stupid to point to Titan as an example of what could happen on earth.

In other words, fully agreeing with our point, and refuting the point you and Westwall had been trying to make.

Thanks for so convincingly refuting your own point. Looks like this discussion is over.

you're nothing more than a little whinning bi...................ch........:laugh2:

I never did that. You did that. It was probably desperation and loneliness on your part that drove you to it. You must be a wretched, miserable person in real life.

I pointed to Titan as a body in this solar system with abiotic hydrocarbons. You made the rest up, just totally lied about what I said

"I lied about what you said, therefore I win!" Moronmooth

Here is a clue for the AGW cult members.

The computer you are using was made with fossil fuels, (if you own a mac it was made with Chinese child slave labor as well).

Many of the so called "save the Earth" crowd use mac's thinking they are hip and cool and destroy the planet for their over priced electronics that require petroleum to make.

I never did that.

Bullshit. You're constantly yammering about "no dinosaurs on titan!", which is you implying that Titan should be compared to earth. You made a dumb argument, got called out on it, and now you're crying.

"I lied, therefore I win the argument!" -- Moronmooth

I'm not surprised that you're a pathological liar, you're a Progressive and an AGWCultist. You can't win on facts, so you have to lie about what I said.

Pathetic.

I belong to a fb group for people who came from a certain mountainous locale.

Someone posted a pic of slightly hazy October skies and whined "I remember when the air was crystal clear!"

Met immediately by old timers who said "Er..not every day, looks just like what I remember".

The humans-are-killing-the-planet loons are a minority, they are extremists and wackos, and they are wrong.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Where'd the methane come from in the first place jackass! When they printed the dictionary description of moron they plastered your face all over it didn't they!:laugh::laugh:

Forum List

Back