But....people who carry concealed guns legally are more law abiding? But....they tell us this isn't true....but it is...

How many are shot in the US and UK per 100,000? Come meat head, both brain cells please.

Again all gun murder in thw U.S. does not come close to the 15 million you Europeans murdered in just 6 years....

Our 246 year history of gun murder doesnt come close to that number...yet you can sit there smug thinking tou are superior...how does that work?

About 2,460,000 gun murders in the U.S....in our entire 246 year history....vs you guys murdering 15 million people in 6 years...

And you are smug about this? Really?

In America the guy carrying the concealed gun has to be a good guy with a gun, right up until the last second before he uses his AR-15 at the local elementary school. Then both the pro-gun side and the anti-gun side agree that he's a bad guy with a gun.
Well he is... And keep in mind that the mass shootings that you actually reference actually make up a very very small number of shootings in this country. I'm not negating the horrific acts and the tragedy by any means, cause they are terrible. But the MSM and politicians are roping into the same statistical data shootings committed by criminals and gangs who, are not allowed to legally own guns and or have obtained them illegally.

Well he is... And keep in mind that the mass shootings that you actually reference actually make up a very very small number of shootings in this country. I'm not negating the horrific acts and the tragedy by any means, cause they are terrible. But the MSM and politicians are roping into the same statistical data shootings committed by criminals and gangs who, are not allowed to legally own guns and or have obtained them illegally.
I produced statistical evidence of 673 mass shootings in America in 2022, and 2Aguy offered his evidence that there were only 2 or 3.

Your estimate of a very, very small number appears to be more in agreement with 2Aguy.

I think your point on the criminals are responsible could be worth consideration as long as it's accepted that they are Americans and it's happening in America.

Maybe that's the point 2A was trying to make all along? He wants to distinguish between Americans and criminals?

That's then the reason why I've said that they were good Americans until they pulled the triggers. Then they became non-American bad guys with guns.

I produced statistical evidence of 673 mass shootings in America in 2022, and 2Aguy offered his evidence that there were only 2 or 3.

Your estimate of a very, very small number appears to be more in agreement with 2Aguy.

I think your point on the criminals are responsible could be worth consideration as long as it's accepted that they are Americans and it's happening in America.

Maybe that's the point 2A was trying to make all along? He wants to distinguish between Americans and criminals?

That's then the reason why I've said that they were good Americans until they pulled the triggers. Then they became non-American bad guys with guns.

No....you offered up an anti-gun, left wing site, that includes gang violence in with actual mass public shootings in order to deceive people.......

How Media Misinformation About Mass Murderers is Harming Us

Having failed for decades to induce the voting public to back its draconian and unconstitutional agenda, the American gun-control movement has hit upon a pernicious alternative to persuasion and political argument: Fear.

To accomplish their goals of more gun bans and restrictions, gun-control groups are now focused on trying to convince Americans of things that are simply not true. Many in the mainstream media are helping them do this by printing their disinformation with few questions asked.

Thus, it has to come pass that many voters believe the number of crimes committed with firearms has risen over the last 30 years; they believe this even though, in fact, the number has fallen dramatically. This overall decline has occurred as the number of guns in private hands has more than doubled, as the number of concealed carriers has risen to around 20 million and as the laws governing the sale, ownership and use of firearms have been loosened almost everywhere.

Thus, many voters falsely believe that America’s schools were more dangerous in 2019 than they were in 1999, even though the opposite is the case.

Plus, many voters now think mass shootings—which, although devastating, remain mercifully rare—are happening every single day in the United States.

This lattermost lie—that mass shootings are ubiquitous rather than unusual—has gained particular currency since the launch, in 2013, of a shameless propaganda outlet named the “Gun Violence Archive” (GVA). The purpose of this so-called archive is to massively overstate the number of mass shootings and to launder that overstatement through media outlets that favor more gun-control laws.

Unfortunately, the GVA has been somewhat successful in its aim—that success has had disastrous consequences not only for the public’s conception of reality but also for public policy. On the basis of the GVA’s preposterous numbers, the press has been busy convincing children and parents that America’s public schools resemble the O.K. Corral; the mainstream media pushes this narrative even though, in fact, the U.S. is more peaceful than it has been in living memory.

To understand the extraordinary scale of the GVA’s dishonesty, consider that, for the year 2015, it counted 335 mass shootings. The FBI, in contrast, counted six that year. The open-source index kept by the left-leaning Mother Jones magazine counted just seven (and they counted the San Bernardino terrorist attack). As Mark Follman noted in The New York Times in 2015, the number of mass shootings since 1982 was then 73—which means that, by his count, there had been five times fewer incidents over the preceding 33 years than the GVA was claiming had occurred in a single year. In the U.S., a person is about as likely to die in a mass shooting as to be struck by lightning, but one would not know this from listening to the press.

No....you offered up an anti-gun, left wing site, that includes gang violence in with actual mass public shootings in order to deceive people.......

How Media Misinformation About Mass Murderers is Harming Us
I've offered the pro-gunners a middle ground in that you are saying that the 673-2 mass shooting weren't committed by Americans. We can acknowledge the distinction and agree that 671 were committed by American bad guys with guns.

I only ask that you acknowledge that the American killers were formerly good guys with guns before they pulled the triggers and became bad guys with guns.

I've offered the pro-gunners a middle ground in that you are saying that the 673-2 mass shooting weren't committed by Americans. We can acknowledge the distinction and agree that 671 were committed by American bad guys with guns.

I only ask that you acknowledge that the American killers were formerly good guys with guns before they pulled the triggers and became bad guys with guns.

Here we go again with the BULLSHIT narrative that ALL people and especially ALL gun owners are just criminals in waiting.

No...we can't....a mass public shooting is a different crime from gang shootings...different causes, different targets, different solutions.

Forum List

Back