Butter Is Back

I use real butter.....but I don't eat a tub at a time, either. Homemade bread with real butter can be eaten by itself....it is really good. I have a bread maker, don't make bread as often as I used to, but bread right out of the bread maker is better than the store bought bread.

omg. STOP you evil woman. I so much want huge chunk of homemade bread and a glob of melted butter on it. ACK!!

I should have made more bread during winter....now it's Spring and soon we're going into 90 degree days.....the bread is still good on hot days, but the ambition to make it is not that great...:D

I use real butter.....but I don't eat a tub at a time, either. Homemade bread with real butter can be eaten by itself....it is really good. I have a bread maker, don't make bread as often as I used to, but bread right out of the bread maker is better than the store bought bread.

It sure is, especially when you set the timer to wake up to a bakery...
emoticon_10s.gif

I have a breadmaker too. And somewhere I'm sure I have flour and yeast. I'm resisting...

I swear....(well, not really)....baked bread smells better than cake or cookies...at least I think so.

I am doomed with Udi bread. Yuck. Just...yuck. But I'd rather not suffer, so I don't complain. Much. :lol:

That the worm is turning became increasingly evident a couple of weeks ago, when a meta-analysis published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine found that there’s just no evidence to support the notion that saturated fat increases the risk of heart disease.
That is reassuring. Aside from butter, there are lots of natural foods high in protein with saturated fat like hamburgers, sausages, franks, bacon, and ribs. :D

I used Smart Balance for years but went back to butter a while back. I always thought margarine tasted like plastic (I think that's what it is) so steered clear long ago. There's been a ffod scare for as long as I can remember. Coffee good, coffee bad. Eggs good, eggs bad. Now gluten is the target. Who are these food Nazis anyway?

Forum List

Back