Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush or Cheney?

From the last link provided by Wry:

:lmao:

Why the lmao comment? Here's the link I posted in my last post at the end of page one:

Obama aware of Merkel spying since 2010: German media

Why? Because in the first link you provided they quote Obama as saying that, had he known, he would have ended the spying on Merkel. But in the second link you posted, the article quotes a "high ranking NSA official" who says Obama didn't stop it, he let it continue.

That's funny.

I see. I find it very disappointing.

Why the lmao comment? Here's the link I posted in my last post at the end of page one:

Why? Because in the first link you provided they quote Obama as saying that, had he known, he would have ended the spying on Merkel. But in the second link you posted, the article quotes a "high ranking NSA official" who says Obama didn't stop it, he let it continue.

That's funny.

Oh so do I, but I found the two contradictory quotes humorous as well.

It's hardly a secret, or a surprise, that the NSA spies on foreign governments, including those friendly to the United States. Two former intelligence officials told The Cable that contact information like this is a regular source of intelligence for the NSA. And the memo acknowledges that the agency looks for officials' contact information in open sources, such as the Internet.

"There's a mixture of hypocrisy and feigned outrage along with real objections here," said a former senior intelligence official. "I don't know where the line is. The idea that political leaders are out of bounds for foreign intelligence is amusing. But on the other hand this business about trusting allies is a big thing. My guess is there's a real annoyance here" on the part of foreign allies.

Exclusive: Germany, Brazil Turn to U.N. to Restrain American Spies | The Cable
It is indeed naïve to believe that the United States wouldn’t spy on allies, who have the propensity of being duplicitous, inconsistent, and capricious, the democracies in particular.

And it’s just as naïve to believe a given administration would have sought to end the practice, assuming they even could.

You want my definition of naive, any idiot that is upset about them spying on Merkel but not upset by them spying on every single American.

That's funny.

People have been telling you for years that Obama is worse than Bush, and you are just now disappointed?

Believe it or not, that is not my problem.

That's funny.

People have been telling you for years that Obama is worse than Bush, and you are just now disappointed?

Very few Presidents were as incompetent as GWB. Obama was dealt a lousy hand and has done a good job considering everything he faced.

Consider this:

"What an astonishing sentence. In it Marx captures not only the agency of human endeavor, but reminds us of how even the most powerful people are constrained by time and space, by geography and history.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/22/opinion/22iht-edkennedy.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Last edited:
Poor WC...doesn't realize that Obama's been President for years and could have stopped any "bugging" if he wanted to.

Poor WC...doesn't realize that Obama's been President for years and could have stopped any "bugging" if he wanted to.

Thanks for your concern. I suggest you read the short article I posted above. And think about it. I know that's alien to contemporary conservative thought, but just for kicks, try to think outside of that box.

That's funny.

You pushed too hard. Wry was on the verge of explicitly admitting that Obama is dishonest. He implicitly admitted it. And then you put him on the defensive comparing Obama's brand of failure with Bush's.

Very few Presidents were as incompetent as GWB. Obama was dealt a lousy hand and has done a good job considering everything he faced.

Consider this:

"What an astonishing sentence. In it Marx captures not only the agency of human endeavor, but reminds us of how even the most powerful people are constrained by time and space, by geography and history.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/22/opinion/22iht-edkennedy.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama "was dealt" a lousy hand?

Really? I thought he ran for President with the most expensive campaign every.

You pushed too hard. Wry was on the verge of explicitly admitting that Obama is dishonest. He implicitly admitted it. And then you put him on the defensive comparing Obama's brand of failure with Bush's.

Your inference is wrong. All elected officials are 'dishonest'; some a product of their character, others as a result of necessity/circumstance.

Consider this:

Obama "was dealt" a lousy hand?

Really? I thought he ran for President with the most expensive campaign every.

You're not THAT dumb, are you?

Your inference is wrong. All elected officials are 'dishonest'; some a product of their character, others as a result of necessity/circumstance.

So you're not disappointed in Obama, then? You're still quite willing to blame his dishonesty on necessity?

Never mind then.

So you're not disappointed in Obama, then? You're still quite willing to blame his dishonesty on necessity?

Never mind then.

I don't see the world as all black or white; obviously you do.

Consider this:

When are you going to stop pretending that it is possible to believe that Obama is so stupid that he had no idea what kind of mess that Bush made, yet still smart enough to fix it? Seriously, if he had no idea how bad it was, he shouldn't be president. If he is, somehow, competent enough to fix it, and thus qualified to be president, there is no possible way he couldn't have known about it in advanced. Fuck, you knew about it, and you haven't once presented even a stupid idea as a way to fix it, yet you still think Obama didn't.

Once again, I am not the one with a problem.

I don't want Wry to admit that Obama failed, I want him to admit Wry to admit that he was wrong to support Obama in the first place.

Wrong again.

Everyone that is dishonest is dishonest by choice. There is no possible set of circumstances that can force an honest man to lie if he does not choose to do so.

Wrong again.

Everyone that is dishonest is dishonest by choice. There is no possible set of circumstances that can force an honest man to lie if he does not choose to do so.

Seriously? No possible set of circumstances? Are you sure of that?

Your SO comes home smelling of drink, he staggers into the den telling you he's going to shoot that MFing neighbor for once again parking in front of the house. He can't find the gun he's looking for because you had moved it during your nephews visit the day before and he demands to know what you've done with it?

Do you tell him you've moved it to the top shelf of he book case or lie?

Wrong again.

Seriously? No possible set of circumstances? Are you sure of that?
One hundred percent, want to try and prove it isn't a choice?

Your SO comes home smelling of drink, he staggers into the den telling you he's going to shoot that MFing neighbor for once again parking in front of the house. He can't find the gun he's looking for because you had moved it during your nephews visit the day before and he demands to know what you've done with it?

Do you tell him you've moved it to the top shelf of he book case or lie?

Why would I think those are the only choices? What It I told him I moved it, but refuse to say where?

Forum List

Back