Buy American

Yep. Because we want Americans working for less. How dumb is that? Dumber than dumb. With that attitude we wonder why things are amiss.
That fine if you want to give your money to some Union pukes. That is your choice. I think you are an idiot but that is only my opinion.

I want the best possible product at the lowest possible prices.

Honda and Toyota produces much better vehicles than the Big Three. With the except of some of the Ford trucks most of the vehicles produced by the Big Three using bloated UAW labor are unreliable and have poor resale value.

However, if everything was equal the fact that the UAW filth is a cash cow of the destructive Democrat Party that by itself would be enough not to buy what they produce.

To employ Americans.

And hey, I'm not the isolationist Trump supporter who thinks we should bring all manufacturing back home. I know that's not realistic. But there are just some industries, products and times when we need to tariff certain companies.

Did you read what I wrote before? Every time you hear RING at a Walmart cash register, that's money going to China. Why do you want to send our wealth to China? They love it.

Do you know there was a time when we were the largest manufacturer and the largest creditor nation? Now we're the biggest debtor nation and we buy from China and Mexico. How lovely.

But hey, I know the truth lies somewhere in between. I'm a globalist not an isolationist.
I bought the lie that raising the minimum wage would put everyone out of work and give us 500$ cheeseburgers. Then Wally raised it and none of that happened. I'm in the same boat on tariffs and supporting American Manufacturing. We are told the 'tax' on Americans would be devastating and senseless. I don't think civilization would be at peril if we supported better work in our country and paid a little more for goods. I'd bet we would come out ahead if we allowed good jobs to exist in manufacturing.

To employ Americans.

And hey, I'm not the isolationist Trump supporter who thinks we should bring all manufacturing back home. I know that's not realistic. But there are just some industries, products and times when we need to tariff certain companies.

Did you read what I wrote before? Every time you hear RING at a Walmart cash register, that's money going to China. Why do you want to send our wealth to China? They love it.

Do you know there was a time when we were the largest manufacturer and the largest creditor nation? Now we're the biggest debtor nation and we buy from China and Mexico. How lovely.

But hey, I know the truth lies somewhere in between. I'm a globalist not an isolationist.

I don't shop at WalMart

And if you are a globalist then you should know that free trade is always better for everyone

We can't because of the demand for record profits every year.
The companies that are making the products I posted earlier are not huge corps with high profit margins

I mean $230 for a pair of sneakers is ridiculous. I can buy a really good pair of running shoes for half that

Both major parties stumbled blindly into supporting free trade.

Including clinton and most democrats since the 1990’s

Republicans are willing to admit their mistakes but dems never will
Nope. Clinton put both worker and environmental protections in. Bush of course removed them. It was us warning against this and 100% Republican support.

This is the first and only time you’ve admitted your mistakes. You still won’t admit you lied us into iraq. Trump came clean on that one. But then he proved to be even more criminal than bush. I guess if bush got away with that trump thought he too could break all the laws he has. What’s anyone gonna do about it.

I don't shop at WalMart

And if you are a globalist then you should know that free trade is always better for everyone
No. Well off Americans took a hit losing those jobs.

Let’s face it. CEOs need to be more socially responsible how much they pay us. They won’t so we have to regulate them.

You understand the gov is the referee?

Nope. Clinton put both worker and environmental protections in. Bush of course removed them. It was us warning against this and 100% Republican support.

This is the first and only time you’ve admitted your mistakes. You still won’t admit you lied us into iraq. Trump came clean on that one. But then he proved to be even more criminal than bush. I guess if bush got away with that trump thought he too could break all the laws he has. What’s anyone gonna do about it.
Clinton is as guilty of hurting American workers as bush or any republican

No. Well off Americans took a hit losing those jobs.

Let’s face it. CEOs need to be more socially responsible how much they pay us. They won’t so we have to regulate them.

You understand the gov is the referee?
Most people do not work for huge corporations with high paid CEOs. You are using a small percentage of both workers and employers and applying that to everyone.

And why should the government have to referee between you and your employer?

If you don't like your job get another. If you think you are not paid enough then ask for more or better yet make yourself more valuable to an employer

you are wrong about my position on Iraq

I long ago said that the invasion which I supported at the time was wrong

You are the one telling lies

Bush just believed the wrong Deep State whack jobs

I am not against free trade. Just like I am not against free market capitalism. Both have to be properly regulated.
Neither am I if its fair trade that does not hurt American workers

Trade with china is unfair trade

Most people do not work for huge corporations with high paid CEOs. You are using a small percentage of both workers and employers and applying that to everyone.

And why should the government have to referee between you and your employer?

If you don't like your job get another. If you think you are not paid enough then ask for more or better yet make yourself more valuable to an employer
Small business is different. Small businesses benefit when big corp labor unionize. Rising tide lifts all ships.

The government is the referee. You don’t understand why that’s good? Because my employer would make me work overtime without paying me overtime. That’s one small example. Need more? How about my employer might sexually harass me or age discrimination

Neither am I if its fair trade that does not hurt American workers

Trade with china is unfair trade
I posted a piece explaining how we can’t let China become the manufacturer to the rest of the world. Not everything. And like them, we may even need to give them tax breaks to manufacture here. Or subsidize.

Small business is different. Small businesses benefit when big corp labor unionize. Rising tide lifts all ships.

The government is the referee. You don’t understand why that’s good? Because my employer would make me work overtime without paying me overtime. That’s one small example. Need more? How about my employer might sexually harass me or age discrimination

The labor laws are not going to be changed so no one is going to force you to work overtime without paying time and a half

This is such a ridiculous argument but everyone loves to use it.

I posted a piece explaining how we can’t let China become the manufacturer to the rest of the world. Not everything. And like them, we may even need to give them tax breaks to manufacture here. Or subsidize.
We should begin where trump left off - which is huge tariffs on products made in china

Starting with electric cars being sold here by American companies like Tesla and GM

And Apple cell phones

The labor laws are not going to be changed so no one is going to force you to work overtime without paying time and a half

This is such a ridiculous argument but everyone loves to use it.
I said it was one small example. Fact is the gov, in every country, is the referee. Some governments are better than others.

We should begin where trump left off - which is huge tariffs on products made in china

Starting with electric cars being sold here by American companies like Tesla and GM

And Apple cell phones
I think Biden is continuing trumps trade war with China.

I said it was one small example. Fact is the gov, in every country, is the referee. Some governments are better than others.

Employees in this country are pretty well taken care of.

I don't see the argument there for more government interference

Forum List

Back