Buy American

The companies that are making the products I posted earlier are not huge corps with high profit margins

I mean $230 for a pair of sneakers is ridiculous. I can buy a really good pair of running shoes for half that

The shoes were hand made. Not plastic mass produced.

We design, cut, sew and finish each pair of sneakers by hand in a small American factory.

Yeah advertising is ALWAYS true. Besides the term by hand implies that there are no machines and everyone is using scissors and needle and thread to assemble shoes.

And IMO this is not a positive because people can't produce things exactly the same every time and there will be variances in the fit of shoes

I'd rather have a show made to exactly the same specs every tine than one that will have quite a wide variability

Yeah advertising is ALWAYS true. Besides the term by hand implies that there are no machines and everyone is using scissors and needle and thread to assemble shoes.

No one believes "by hand" doesn't mean a sewing machine. What it does mean is they are not plastic mass produced shoes.

No one believes "by hand" doesn't mean a sewing machine. What it does mean is they are not plastic mass produced shoes.

I don't buy plastic shoes and my mass produced shoes work just fine.

I see nothing that makes those $230 sneakers better than my $115 running shoes.

I don't buy plastic shoes and my mass produced shoes work just fine.

I see nothing that makes those $230 sneakers better than my $115 running shoes.

Which has nothing to do with my position.

America first means supporting american workers. I root for those that go on strike because that's what patriotism is.

Like I said, if you don't like how much money that a corporation pays one of its employees then just don't buy anything from that corporation. Stop being an envious little pussy.

I could care less what other people are paid. That is not my concern. If I think something ain't right, like we see with Union thuggery and supporting the Democrat scum, then I will simply not buy anything made by them.

You hate personal responsibility, don't you?
Sealybitch doesn't realize the biggest cost to any business is

Wait for it

Here it comes

LABOR.

I've stated this story before. I go to a shoe store with the wife. I see shoes priced at $50 and above all made in places like Vietnam and India.

I refuse to believe we can't profitably make $50 shoes in this country.
No, it cost a lot more than that.
Go ahead and start looking for shoes that are MANUFACTURED in USA.
Made in the USA does not always mean it is Made in the USA.
Take Merrell shoes. Many people think that are made in the USA, and some are - just looked it up and only 36% of their shoes are made here. This is a trick these guys do - you Google "made in USA shoes" and you are showed brands like Merrell, but if you click on the item - it takes you to the shoe and whalla - Made in Veitnam.

Take Merrell shoes. Many people think that are made in the USA, and some are - just looked it up and only 36% of their shoes are made here. This is a trick these guys do - you Google "made in USA shoes" and you are showed brands like Merrell, but if you click on the item - it takes you to the shoe and whalla - Made in Veitnam.
I have heard the same claims about many US built musical instruments.

Let’s face it. CEOs need to be more socially responsible how much they pay us.
My god that is a stupid thing to say.

You don't earn money by the good graces of some CEO. You earn money by the worth of your labor.

If you are a sorry lazy dumbass asshole you ain't going to get much. If you have developed valuable skills you will get paid a lot.

You stupid Moon Bats don't much about Economics, do you? Just like you don't know much about History, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

Again, nothing to do with what I said.

Buy the best price for the quality of product you can get. Buy American is a silly concept, especially when so much American product is manufactured by foreign-built components.

No. Well off Americans took a hit losing those jobs.

Let’s face it. CEOs need to be more socially responsible how much they pay us. They won’t so we have to regulate them.

You understand the gov is the referee?
Agreed, but will never happen. Government is on the side of the CEOs, not the people. Greed rules the day.

Forum List

Back