Votes: 26 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
54 to 46.

In 2016, Reid runs for re-election.

55. to 45.

What's next ?
You have how many seats to defend 2016 while the ten seats by the Dems are safe? It's math folks.

"After securing control of the Senate Tuesday, Republicans are already staring down a daunting map for 2016.

The majority of the Senate battleground in the next election cycle will be fought on Republican turf, with the GOP defending 24 seats to the Democrats’ 10. There is more trouble for the party beneath those raw numbers; only two Democratic seats are in competitive states, while more than half a dozen Republican incumbents face re-election in states President Barack Obama carried at least once.

Republicans appear to have put themselves in as strong a position as possible, coming out of the midterms with potentially a 54-seat majority. But the next electoral fight for the Senate fundamentally looks nothing like 2014: Democrats are on offense, the playing field is packed with pricey media markets and every race is positioned down-ballot from a presidential contest."
Senate Races 2016 Tables Turn on Republicans

Yes, I've read this little fairy tale too.

What are the democrats on the offense with ? Where were they in 2014. Does not exist.

This also assumes that we have another Obama vs. Miquetoast presidential campaign. First, you have to wonder if people will fall for the whole "Hope and Change" thing again. Second, you'd have to assume the GOP won't put up a very good candidate (and what's worse...won't have a well established platform well in advance).
It's no fairy tale, it's an election cycle. What do they have, your inability to govern and the fact that you have no one to run that moderates will vote for. In a normal cycle, that's plenty.

In 2010 we kicked ass.

In 2012 we had a poor game plan.

In 2014 we fixed that.

If we show up with a poor game plan in 2016, we'll get beat again.

But, there won't be any ObamaMessiah spouting his lies in the race for the WH. Hillary is going to get bloodied in the fight and even if she wins...she's not going to sweep anyone in with her.

We'll just have to see who has the better plan.

But there is no default edge for the dems.
Have a plan. but 2016 is like 2012 and 2008, the Dems comes out, and you have 24 seats to try and hold where Obama won six, while the Dems have ten total. That is how the cycle works. One year it favors you, one year it doesn't. There's only so much magic you can make in a numbers game.

Didn't Obama win Colorado ?

You have how many seats to defend 2016 while the ten seats by the Dems are safe? It's math folks.

"After securing control of the Senate Tuesday, Republicans are already staring down a daunting map for 2016.

The majority of the Senate battleground in the next election cycle will be fought on Republican turf, with the GOP defending 24 seats to the Democrats’ 10. There is more trouble for the party beneath those raw numbers; only two Democratic seats are in competitive states, while more than half a dozen Republican incumbents face re-election in states President Barack Obama carried at least once.

Republicans appear to have put themselves in as strong a position as possible, coming out of the midterms with potentially a 54-seat majority. But the next electoral fight for the Senate fundamentally looks nothing like 2014: Democrats are on offense, the playing field is packed with pricey media markets and every race is positioned down-ballot from a presidential contest."
Senate Races 2016 Tables Turn on Republicans

Yes, I've read this little fairy tale too.

What are the democrats on the offense with ? Where were they in 2014. Does not exist.

This also assumes that we have another Obama vs. Miquetoast presidential campaign. First, you have to wonder if people will fall for the whole "Hope and Change" thing again. Second, you'd have to assume the GOP won't put up a very good candidate (and what's worse...won't have a well established platform well in advance).
It's no fairy tale, it's an election cycle. What do they have, your inability to govern and the fact that you have no one to run that moderates will vote for. In a normal cycle, that's plenty.

In 2010 we kicked ass.

In 2012 we had a poor game plan.

In 2014 we fixed that.

If we show up with a poor game plan in 2016, we'll get beat again.

But, there won't be any ObamaMessiah spouting his lies in the race for the WH. Hillary is going to get bloodied in the fight and even if she wins...she's not going to sweep anyone in with her.

We'll just have to see who has the better plan.

But there is no default edge for the dems.
Have a plan. but 2016 is like 2012 and 2008, the Dems comes out, and you have 24 seats to try and hold where Obama won six, while the Dems have ten total. That is how the cycle works. One year it favors you, one year it doesn't. There's only so much magic you can make in a numbers game.

Didn't Obama win Colorado ?
I would think so but it doesn't track that closely, only by trend, however the trends do matter greatly in most cases.

Can't say as I give a damn. The South is back to its usual status, living under rocks.

I cannot say I give a damn whether or not you give a damn. The idea that the South is back to the usual status of living under rocks is ludicrous seeing as it was always considered the Democrat South.

Mary Landrieu was the last remaining old school Democrat (Moon's little darlin') representing Louisiana in Congress.
The South is the South, the shithole of America. Doesn't matter a damn who they vote for and never has, they don't change, meaning grow up.

I will take any part of Atlanta over SE DC or a good bit of Detroit.

Can't say as I give a damn. The South is back to its usual status, living under rocks.

I cannot say I give a damn whether or not you give a damn. The idea that the South is back to the usual status of living under rocks is ludicrous seeing as it was always considered the Democrat South.

Mary Landrieu was the last remaining old school Democrat (Moon's little darlin') representing Louisiana in Congress.
The South is the South, the shithole of America. Doesn't matter a damn who they vote for and never has, they don't change, meaning grow up.

I will take any part of Atlanta over SE DC or a good bit of Detroit.
I second that. Paint can have Detroit. That sounds like his kind of place. ENJOY!

Forum List

Back