🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CA wants to insure gays against infertility

Did you bother to read the link, here's a quote from it.

"If the proposal becomes law, theoretically every gay and lesbian couple in the state could be deemed infertile for purposes of insurance coverage."

I notice the highly biased rag Washington Times did not actually link to the "proposal".

LIke Ravi said. You guys are clueless.

If a man can make sperm, is he infertile? No.

If a woman can get pregnant, is she infertile? No.

Do you even know what infertilty treatment entails?

I can't believe this actually has to be explaind to you idiots. You read a retarded statement in a piece of shit, piss pouring rag as if it were preaching gospel truth and just run with it without pausing to actually THINK!

Ok hero try this from another link:

" But, as I note elsewhere, AB 460 isn’t limited to a finding of actual infertility. Nor does it require that gays and lesbians have tried to conceive or sire a child using heterosexual means, natural or artificial. Rather–as with heterosexual couples–merely the inability to get pregnant for a year while having active sexual relations is sufficient to demonstrate need for treatment, meaning if the bill becomes law, it would require insurance companies to pay for services such as artificial insemination, surrogacy, etc. for people who are actually fecund."

Ca Legislation Would Require Insurance for Gay ?Infertility? - By Wesley J. Smith - The Corner - National Review Online

So you went from the Washing Times to the National Review? :lol:

Echo chamber.

I notice the highly biased rag Washington Times did not actually link to the "proposal".

LIke Ravi said. You guys are clueless.

If a man can make sperm, is he infertile? No.

If a woman can get pregnant, is she infertile? No.

Do you even know what infertilty treatment entails?

I can't believe this actually has to be explaind to you idiots. You read a retarded statement in a piece of shit, piss pouring rag as if it were preaching gospel truth and just run with it without pausing to actually THINK!

Ok hero try this from another link:

" But, as I note elsewhere, AB 460 isn’t limited to a finding of actual infertility. Nor does it require that gays and lesbians have tried to conceive or sire a child using heterosexual means, natural or artificial. Rather–as with heterosexual couples–merely the inability to get pregnant for a year while having active sexual relations is sufficient to demonstrate need for treatment, meaning if the bill becomes law, it would require insurance companies to pay for services such as artificial insemination, surrogacy, etc. for people who are actually fecund."

Ca Legislation Would Require Insurance for Gay ?Infertility? - By Wesley J. Smith - The Corner - National Review Online

So you went from the Washing Times to the National Review? :lol:

Echo chamber.

There are a bunch of articles out there, how about addressing the content. You're usually better than this. Or here's a novel idea, find a source refuting the content.

It's all the same Pub Propaganda Machine, repeating the same BS, for dupes only, dupe. A hundred org's, institutes, Moonie and Murdoch rags, bloggers, etc, all paid for by greedy idiot billionaire fascists- and chumps like you, of course..

Last edited:
Since the 1980s, 15 states—Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas and West Virginia—have passed laws that require insurers to either cover or offer coverage for infertility diagnosis and treatment. Thirteen states have laws that require insurance companies to cover infertility treatment. Louisiana and New York prohibit the exclusion of coverage for a medical condition otherwise covered solely because the condition results in infertility. Two states—California and Texas—have laws that require insurance companies to offer coverage for infertility treatment. While most states with laws requiring insurance companies to offer or provide coverage for infertility treatment include coverage for in vitro fertilization, California, Louisiana, and New York have laws that specifically exclude coverage for the procedure.

State Laws Related to Insurance Coverage for Infertility Treatment

AB 460 would amend SECTION 1. Section 1374.55 of the Health and Safety Code to read:

(g) Coverage for the treatment of infertility shall be offered and provided without discrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, domestic partner status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.

AB 460

That's it...just including gays in existing law.

If its one thing that I've learned from being in Europe is that American gays are faggots and European gays are normal homosexuals and that's because homosexuality in America is highly politicised, glamorised, and force fed via the media in an effort to force acceptance of it, so you see gays all over the media and the whole gay issue keeps being brought up. In Europe in contrast, you don't see this, gays here, while still living am abominable, sinful lifestyle in the eyes of God, are not glamorised and politicised in the media and there is no force feeding acceptance of homosexuality, they just live their lives and do their thing. Militant homosexual activism is nonexistent here, the only time you'll hear about is if some kind of crime is committed against a homosexual.

The gay issue in America keeps popping up because we are too stupid to deal with it in light of our own U. S. Constitution.

Europeans are laughing at America for many more important reasons than the GLBTQ. Try our health care system, our education system, our foreign policy, our empire building, and most of all the religious right. The United States is seen as decades behind European culture. We are viewed as buffoons out of control with adult weapons.

The UK, the French, the Portuguese, the Spanish, the Greeks, and the Italians have all taken a turn at running the world. They have all learned to let another fool run the world while they relax and criticize. Meanwhile, we taxpayers are picking up the tab for all our ridiculous bravado in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Korea, and Syria just to name a few.

Since the 1980s, 15 states—Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas and West Virginia—have passed laws that require insurers to either cover or offer coverage for infertility diagnosis and treatment. Thirteen states have laws that require insurance companies to cover infertility treatment. Louisiana and New York prohibit the exclusion of coverage for a medical condition otherwise covered solely because the condition results in infertility. Two states—California and Texas—have laws that require insurance companies to offer coverage for infertility treatment. While most states with laws requiring insurance companies to offer or provide coverage for infertility treatment include coverage for in vitro fertilization, California, Louisiana, and New York have laws that specifically exclude coverage for the procedure.

State Laws Related to Insurance Coverage for Infertility Treatment

AB 460 would amend SECTION 1. Section 1374.55 of the Health and Safety Code to read:

(g) Coverage for the treatment of infertility shall be offered and provided without discrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, domestic partner status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.

AB 460

That's it...just including gays in existing law.

From your link on the bill.

(b) For purposes of this section, “infertility” means either (1) the presence of a demonstrated condition recognized by a licensed physician and surgeon as a cause of infertility, or (2) the inability to conceive a pregnancy or to carry a pregnancy to a live birth after a year or more of regular sexual relations without contraception. “Treatment for infertility” means procedures consistent with established medical practices in the treatment of infertility by licensed physicians and surgeons including, but not limited to, diagnosis, diagnostic tests, medication, surgery, and gamete intrafallopian transfer. “In vitro fertilization” means the laboratory medical procedures involving the actual in vitro fertilization process.

Come on explain how the bold area could apply to gays, same sex couplings can not conceive which makes them infertile form the get go. They can have sex for a hundred years with zero results.

Europeans are laughing at America for many more important reasons than the GLBTQ. Try our health care system, our education system, our foreign policy, our empire building, and most of all the religious right. The United States is seen as decades behind European culture. We are viewed as buffoons out of control with adult weapons.

The UK, the French, the Portuguese, the Spanish, the Greeks, and the Italians have all taken a turn at running the world. They have all learned to let another fool run the world while they relax and criticize. Meanwhile, we taxpayers are picking up the tab for all our ridiculous bravado in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Korea, and Syria just to name a few.

Wait, are you saying the Europeans are way ahead of us; they already HAVE infertility insurance for homosexuals?

Reminds me of a line from the movie "Stage Beauty" --- King Charles II decides he wants women to play women on stage (instead of boys playing women's parts) and says they do that in Paris already. A dour Puritan minister says sourly, "Whenever we are about to do something truly terrible, we always say, 'The French have been doing it for YEARS.'"

"[(2) the inability to conceive a pregnancy or to carry a pregnancy to a live birth after a year or more of regular sexual relations without contraception. “

Come on explain how the bold area could apply to gays, same sex couplings can not conceive which makes them infertile form the get go. They can have sex for a hundred years with zero results.

Does that or does that not equate to "the inability to conceive a pregnancy"?

"[(2) the inability to conceive a pregnancy or to carry a pregnancy to a live birth after a year or more of regular sexual relations without contraception. “

That is a conscious choice by coupling with a partner that will guarantee a result. Non-conception is a foregone conclusion. Insurance is supposed to cover unforeseen results or consequences. It kind of equates to a heterosexual couple who engages in nothing but anal sex for a year claiming to be infertile, can you say it doesn't compute?

A homosexual man couldn't conceive a pregnancy by coupling with a goat, either, but I question whether that infertility should be covered by insurance for treatment.

That is a conscious choice by coupling with a partner that will guarantee a result. Non-conception is a foregone conclusion. Insurance is supposed to cover unforeseen results or consequences. It kind of equates to a heterosexual couple who engages in nothing but anal sex for a year claiming to be infertile, can you say it doesn't compute?

There still exists an inability to conceive. I think it's kind of silly to still make gay couples have sex for a year first, but I'd be enthusiastic about it.

There still exists an inability to conceive. I think it's kind of silly to still make gay couples have sex for a year first, but I'd be enthusiastic about it.

So tell me what should be the remedy for a situation they placed themselves in?

Poor Ravi would have everyone pay for everything for everyone.

She just isn't a very bright individual.

I suppose it would be best if insurance companies only insured those they approved of....

Please explain how infertility would be an issue for same sex couples.
You've never heard of gay women giving birth or gay men getting someone pregnant?

You don't get out much, do you.

Wouldn't it be funny if the response would be that the health insurance companies would have to pay so that homosexual couples would have to submit to psyciatric treatment for homosexual behavior and conversion to normal heterosexuality. That is the only thing that would make sense. Let's see if it works.

Wouldn't it be funny if the response would be that the health insurance companies would have to pay so that homosexual couples would have to submit to psyciatric treatment for homosexual behavior and conversion to normal heterosexuality. That is the only thing that would make sense. Let's see if it works.
You must be a conservative. Maybe we could also test paranoid nutters with gun fetishes before we allow them to own weapons. Hey, that would actually make sense and be constitutional. :thup:

It is biologically impossible for gays to naturally conceive a child,

I'll presume that you meant to write

"It is biologically impossible for gays to naturally conceive a child, in a homosexual union"

Gays have been producing kids though heterosexual unions forever.

Hang out in any homosexual community and you will meet plenty of gay people who have spawned children.

Wait, are you saying the Europeans are way ahead of us; they already HAVE infertility insurance for homosexuals?

Reminds me of a line from the movie "Stage Beauty" --- King Charles II decides he wants women to play women on stage (instead of boys playing women's parts) and says they do that in Paris already. A dour Puritan minister says sourly, "Whenever we are about to do something truly terrible, we always say, 'The French have been doing it for YEARS.'"

Yes, I am saying the Europeans are way ahead of us.

I don't know about their concept of infertility insurance. It hardly seems critical.

The French are a superior culture especially in providing health care and providing their citizens with relaxation time. Six weeks of vacation a year?

Of course American business knocks the French, they are afraid we will teach our government to FEAR the people as the French do. Wouldn't that be something if big business and the U. S. Government actually FEARED our citizenry?

Yes, I am saying the Europeans are way ahead of us.

I don't know about their concept of infertility insurance. It hardly seems critical.

The French are a superior culture especially in providing health care and providing their citizens with relaxation time. Six weeks of vacation a year?

Of course American business knocks the French, they are afraid we will teach our government to FEAR the people as the French do. Wouldn't that be something if big business and the U. S. Government actually FEARED our citizenry?
Time wasted by a hit-and-run poster.

Forum List

Back