Cain: Black community 'brainwashed' into voting for Dems

(I can't find a thread on this yet, so...)

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.

I found them accurate. Really have dem policies helped or hurt the african american community as a whole?

Check this out......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ollRkX0o5cM]Herman Cain's classic line "I LEFT THAT DEMOCRAT PLANTATION" - Watch Out Wannabe Master Obama!! - YouTube[/ame]

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.

No. He went just far enough. He was honest about it and doesn't care about the politicians. How terrible is that? I know we're not used to honest people in politics...

Mike

Whens the last time the Dems did anything significant for the black community??

Like lots of others on this board I think they vote Dem because of entitlements. Its human nature to vote for the party thats gonna give you freebees. Wonder how long they would vote Dem is the free ride came to a halt??

I work for and with some fine African Americans. Successful African Americans in their field. These folks aren't waiting around for a handout from anyone. They have college degrees and a go get em attitude.

I found them accurate. Really have dem policies helped or hurt the african american community as a whole?

Check this out......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ollRkX0o5cM]Herman Cain's classic line "I LEFT THAT DEMOCRAT PLANTATION" - Watch Out Wannabe Master Obama!! - YouTube[/ame]

I love this man's independent spirit! Thanks for posting that.

It pisses me off that my fellow Americans with dark skin are content to let the government take care of them. That they don't believe they are worthy of anything else, that they don't have the ability to move forward. Why don't they stand up for themselves and better their lives, the lives of their children and grandchildren.

It can be done, there are many that have actually broken free. Dems want to keep them dumbed down, give them some free stuff and let them continue to live in less than desirable environments. All because they want their vote, not because they care. If they really cared they'd be helping them get off welfare, offer job training opportunities and education. My mother did this in the 60s, we got off welfare, she got a good job, she worked hard as a single parent, giving 4 children everything they needed.

Why do they allow this to happen to them?? They don't have to live like this!!!

WTH? You must be stupid if you think all Black Democrats and believe and want government to take care of them. Thats a racist stereotype.

Like lots of others on this board I think they vote Dem because of entitlements. Its human nature to vote for the party thats gonna give you freebees. Wonder how long they would vote Dem is the free ride came to a halt??

I work for and with some fine African Americans. Successful African Americans in their field. These folks aren't waiting around for a handout from anyone. They have college degrees and a go get em attitude.

The retard brains of Republitards, tell people to switch parties to another party even if that party has done nothing.

Blacks in this country--need to really look at the issues and vote with their minds. They need to stand up and say what's good for this country--what's good for my kids--and what is this country going to look like for my grandchildren.

And you think they don't?

This thread is 11 pages long and still NO ONE has listed any policy or stance that the GOP currently has that would benefit the Black Community. The Democrats aren't perfect, but they're at least trying to help people. Maybe that's why people vote for them?

Blacks in this country--need to really look at the issues and vote with their minds. They need to stand up and say what's good for this country--what's good for my kids--and what is this country going to look like for my grandchildren.

This thread is 11 pages long and still NO ONE has listed any policy or stance that the GOP currently has that would benefit the Black Community. The Democrats aren't perfect, but they're at least trying to help people. Maybe that's why people vote for them?
I already did, dipshit.

But like I said, weak minded people like you will just ignore anything posted, as you've done in this thread.

Obviously, you directed your screen name towards yourself.

Christ, liberals are fuckin' idiots!:cuckoo:

I already did, dipshit.

Give them access to charter schools, and a voucher program
Really? That's what you want to go with? That's the one thing the GOP stands for that is for the betterment of the Black Community?

You want to take a second and re-think that?

I already did, dipshit.

Really? That's what you want to go with? That's the one thing the GOP stands for that is for the betterment of the Black Community?

Nope. He's right.

Mike

I already did, dipshit.

Nope. He's right.

Mike

So, these inner city schools that aren't doing so well because they lack adequate funding, the GOP's plan to help these schools and students and parents ... is to ... give tax payer money to the parents so the kid can go to a private school ... which may or may not even exist in that part of the city ... and the parent may not be able to afford even with the voucher ... all the while further lowering the funding for the public school and any students who still attend it.

That's the GOP plan to help the Black Community?

The retard brains of Republitards, tell people to switch parties to another party even if that party has done nothing.

Well braino. What have the Dems done lately for the black Communities?? UE is around 17% for young male African Americans.

I already did, dipshit.

Unlike the dem's, the GOP stands for helping all americans, as opposed to classifying them. The dem's classify for purely political reasons. The dem's enact policies to keep people down. Tells the blacks that government is the answer to all of their problems.

Why can't dems treat blacks like they are no different than anybody else?

Why do they force feed blacks the notion that only the dems can help them with unsustainable government programs, and that big government is the only way blacks wil succeed?

Why do dems continually belittle the black race by telling them they can't think for themselves, and that a political party must do all of their thinking for them?

Why do the dems continue to push for racial divisions in this country?

Why do the dems continually oppose ideas that would give black parents the opportunity of more choices in their childrens education. As opposed to keeping them stuck in our failure of a public school system?

Why doesn't a black man like Obama visit the black ghetto's, and talk to them directly?

What have the dems and Obama actually done to better the blacks situation?

Why was this president up in front of a podium last week, chastizing his black constituents for daring to call him out on his abject failures?

Why was he basically calling them a bunch of weak whiners?

LMAO.......Yeah, you phoney dems sure are doing a lot for the blacks in this country.

Are you really this stupid?

He's right, black americans have been brainwashed.

He just forgot to mention white americans too.

He's right about not voting for conservatives, instead a large portion of use vote for neoconservatives. He also forgot to mention we've all been brainwashed into thinking rehashing the same old 2 status quo parties will ever change anything.

Promise of entitlement and handout... much different than 'trying to help'... at least get it right

And as for something conservatism stands for that any (no matter the race) would appreciate is true equal treatment b government... add in reduction in government size and expense... and any sane person who is not only looking to get something for nothing at the expense of another would find value in conservatism

Racist much?

Forum List

Back