🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cake War: Walmart makes ISIS flag cake?

Marianne

Diamond Member
May 15, 2014
The frozen Northeast
Walmart can't make a Confederate flag cake with the words "Heritage not Hate" on it and yet making an ISIS Cake is perfectly fine? How about all you folks who thought bakery's should be forced to make gay wedding cakes? Are you all going to rain a shit storm of protest on Walmart because they refused to make this mans cake? Fair is fair right?

The liberals have opened Pandora's box,can't wait to see what happens next. lol

In some cities it will be impossible to buy a decorated wedding cake. Just none for sale. Lots of undecorated cakes and kits to decorate your own. I can't imagine gays having much difficulty with the skills. But with the work involved? That MIGHT be a pig of a different odour.......

Last edited:
Well the left said that people should be forced to make gay wedding cakes and cater to gay events and gay protested businesses that said they would refuse based on religious grounds. Well in the spirit of all inclusiveness shouldn't gays protest Walmart for refusing to bake this mans cake? You don't have to agree with the cake, you just have to make it right?

Well the left said that people should be forced to make gay wedding cakes and cater to gay events and gay protested businesses that said they would refuse based on religious grounds. Well in the spirit of all inclusiveness shouldn't gays protest Walmart for refusing to bake this mans cake? You don't have to agree with the cake, you just have to make it right?

LOL Gays protest about things that fit their agenda. They are tickled pink over this...pun intended

Wow, what a stupid thread.

Walmart, or any baker, is allowed to make or not make any cake they want. They only have to be consistent in what kind of cakes they bake for everyone. If they bake a wedding cake for straight couples, they have to bake a wedding cake for gay couples. if they wish to bake confederate cakes or ISIS cakes, they may do so.

Wow.

Well...lefties find the Confederate flag more offensive than ISIS anyway. And I meant ISIS...not their flag...but the group. The left is more angry over a flag than the global terrorist group that beheads gays and minorities.

Walmart, or any baker, is allowed to make or not make any cake they want. They only have to be consistent in what kind of cakes they bake for everyone. If they bake a wedding cake for straight couples, they have to bake a wedding cake for gay couples. if they wish to bake confederate cakes or ISIS cakes, they may do so.

wow, major spin there

It was no doubt a stupid bureaucratic thing. Walmart has a no-bake list, and since nobody ever expected someone to ask for an ISIS cake, it wasn't on the no-bake list, and the cake decorator isn't getting paid minimum wage to think. It should be on the list, given that ISIS and Confederacy supporters are roughly equivalent.

It was no doubt a stupid bureaucratic thing. Walmart has a no-bake list, and since nobody ever expected someone to ask for an ISIS cake, it wasn't on the no-bake list, and the cake decorator isn't getting paid minimum wage to think. It should be on the list, given that ISIS and Confederacy supporters are roughly equivalent.
To be fair nothing, short of actually violence, should be on the no bake list.

Wow.

Well...lefties find the Confederate flag more offensive than ISIS anyway. And I meant ISIS...not their flag...but the group. The left is more angry over a flag than the global terrorist group that beheads gays and minorities.

ISIS is the boogyman hiding in the closet.

American Taliban Bigots supporting the Confederate Flag are the drunk abusive father coming down the hallway to your room.

Get it?

Interesting that you think peoples rights are stupid and not worthy of a thread.

And who made that rule up you? Here's the real rules, it's called the first amendment. You will notice it says nothing about consistency. It only says that Congress can't make a law prohibiting the free exercise of religion or abridge free speech. Gays can't make a demand to be served because their rights aren't more important than anyone else's that they can impede another person's right to free exercise of their religion. The Bible has for more than a couple of millennia clearly stated that homosexuality is wrong and should not be practiced. These religious people aren't making this shit up on the fly, it's been there for all to read from the beginning.

I disagree with you about Walmart making the cake. I am going to assume that Walmart lawyers would claim it violates their right to free speech, hate laws or whatever else they can come up with legally. They are completely in their right to do so if that's the case. That said they made an ISIS cake. This should be setting off WTF alarm bells in you head. That would imply that Walmart doesn't support the confederate flag but supports ISIS. Now in the video you can't really see if this guy is telling the truth because it doesn't zoom in clearly but I would think Walmart will have something to say about it when this goes viral.

I posted this thread because it will be coming up again and again. A police officer was fired for posting himself wearing Confederate Boxers. I assume there's a clause in his contract that says he can't do anything to put the department in a bad light. I am also going to assume his lawyer is going to fight that the contract doesn't specify in any way an object found flying over the states capital buildings until recently as putting the department in a bad light; that is should the officer decide to sue at all. Personally I wouldn't want to be a cop in the political climate right now and think the guy should take it as a sign for a career change.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Turns out the bakery clerk didn't know it was an Isis image and Walmart has since apologized. Kind of a nasty trick to play on an innocent person.

One poster, I can't remember the name, mentioned that Wal-Mart has a no-bake list. I've never heard of that before but if true then I'm fine with them baking the cake until ISIS gets added. However, I have found no evidence of such a list.

Companies should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. However, if a baker can be forced to make a cake for gay couple, then the little boy who's parents were neo-Nazi's should have received a cake with swastikas on it and an ISIS cake should be made for the same reason. If the government is going to force the flavor of the day on us, that creates a slippery slope.

Note: I in no way support ever making a neo-Nazi or ISIS cake.

Forum List

Back