🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Calavaras County CA Bans Pot Grows Even While The State Says It's Legal

Regardless, I still say the fed indicating a crackdown on people arrogantly defying federal laws is going to have a chilling effect on the pot industry and County officials opting out of flaunting defiance in their jurisdiction.

It's lip service from the feds. Marijuana is a $64B year industry which generates $23B in tax revenue.
Heroin is an industry that probably generates about the same. Your point?

Heroin generates tax revenue?

Even the Mormons are getting in on the revenue!

What is Medical Marijuana?

Pot is generating it, and it's federally illegal as well as heroin. So yes, heroin generates tax revenue by the same process. Again, your point?

Heroin is taxed at the State level when cultivating it, transporting it, and selling it like marijuana? In Nevada alone since recreational marijuana was made legal (July 1st) the industry has generated $200M in revenue with over $50M going to taxes.

Regardless, I still say the fed indicating a crackdown on people arrogantly defying federal laws is going to have a chilling effect on the pot industry and County officials opting out of flaunting defiance in their jurisdiction.

It's lip service from the feds. Marijuana is a $64B year industry which generates $23B in tax revenue.

You need to do your homework. Heroin comes from the opium poppy. H. cannot be produced in the U.S., nor can it be prescribed by a doctor our used in research.

Heroin generates tax revenue?

Even the Mormons are getting in on the revenue!

What is Medical Marijuana?

Pot is generating it, and it's federally illegal as well as heroin. So yes, heroin generates tax revenue by the same process. Again, your point?

No- heroin doesn't generate any tax revenue in the United States.

Pot does- because the growers and sellers in legal states pay their taxes- the black market heroin dealers and smugglers don't.

I wouldn't bet on it. Sessions is a fool if he believes his word alone is the be all, end all on this issue. First of all, the cost-benefits are far more than any cost-deficit created by the legalization of MJ. Though, the adult beverage industry and big pharma are likely opposed to it.
And the cost-benefits of heroin should the voters decide it too is vogue?

It all depends on whether we want to reduce the harm caused by heroin and other opiates or just punish drug users.

Portugal has taken a different path- and their deaths due to overdoses have fallen- while the deaths from overdoses in the United States is skyrocketing.

Forum List

Back