Calavaras County CA Bans Pot Grows Even While The State Says It's Legal

Once pot friendly Northern California county bans marijuana

Well the games have begun. Lawsuit coming..

four new board members were seated this month after winning election in November on campaign promises to ban marijuana.....Calaveras County growers with permits said Wednesday they are planning to sue. Each permit cost $5,000 and the county has collected more than $7 million in taxes from marijuana growers since 2016....The farmers also said they may try to qualify a ballot measure to reverse the ban....Ban proponents complained that a sudden influx of new marijuana growers dramatically changed the region's makeup and damaged the environment.

In order to get a ballot measure approved, it first must not violate any State or Federal laws. This should get interesting...

FYI, see this link and go to section three, bullet point (d); it is on point with the thread, unlike so much other posted above.

to wit: Allow local governments to ban nomnedical marijuana businesses as set f01ih in this Act.

Link:

https://www.oag.ca.gov/system/files/initiatives/pdfs/15-0103 (Marijuana)_1.pdf

Exactly 1,769,328 supported it enough to vote for it.

Yet we still don't have stores, dispensaries, legal pot farms or anything of thst sort in the Communistwealth. Sounds like the legislature is primed to push the dates back again. You sure it'll ever actually happen here?

Well one thing is for sure. Sessions hinting about hauling in officials for defying federal immigration laws sort of bleeds over into other federal laws states are blatantly defying with arrogance. That has to have a chilling effect on local authorities who in no way shape or form want trouble with breaking federal law. If memory serves that is an impeachable offense. These politicians and community leaders like their gravy-train 6 figure salaries dontcha know..

Yet we still don't have stores, dispensaries, legal pot farms or anything of thst sort in the Communistwealth. Sounds like the legislature is primed to push the dates back again. You sure it'll ever actually happen here?

Well one thing is for sure. Sessions hinting about hauling in officials for defying federal immigration laws sort of bleeds over into other federal laws states are blatantly defying with arrogance. That has to have a chilling effect on local authorities who in no way shape or form want trouble with breaking federal law. If memory serves that is an impeachable offense. These politicians and community leaders like their gravy-train 6 figure salaries dontcha know..

read my link above.

Regardless, I still say the fed indicating a crackdown on people arrogantly defying federal laws is going to have a chilling effect on the pot industry and County officials opting out of flaunting defiance in their jurisdiction.

Lip service from Sessions. That's all.

Lip service from Sessions. That's all.

I'm pretty sure being an important election year and all, the RNC doesn't want to appear to the voters in 2016 who put them in power, as a group of castrates pandering to the fascism on the left; and the reason so many of the left's base defected to red in 2016. I'm pretty sure also that local politicians may be aware that the RNC wants to look strong with their base to keep their hold on power this year.

So, maybe it's not Sessions just doing lip service. Maybe it's real.

Regardless, I still say the fed indicating a crackdown on people arrogantly defying federal laws is going to have a chilling effect on the pot industry and County officials opting out of flaunting defiance in their jurisdiction.

It's lip service from the feds. Marijuana is a $64B year industry which generates $23B in tax revenue.

It's lip service from the feds. Marijuana is a $64B year industry which generates $23B in tax revenue.
Heroin is an industry that probably generates about the same. Your point?

Heroin generates tax revenue?

Even the Mormons are getting in on the revenue!

What is Medical Marijuana?

Heroin generates tax revenue?

Even the Mormons are getting in on the revenue!

What is Medical Marijuana?

Pot is generating it, and it's federally illegal as well as heroin. So yes, heroin generates tax revenue by the same process. Again, your point?

I wouldn't bet on it. Sessions is a fool if he believes his word alone is the be all, end all on this issue. First of all, the cost-benefits are far more than any cost-deficit created by the legalization of MJ. Though, the adult beverage industry and big pharma are likely opposed to it.

Sil....you're making legal predictions *again*? You've literally never been right. Remember you're babble about how the USSC justices were about to be 'impeached'?

How' that work out again?

You keep projecting your desires while ignoring reality. Which is why your record of predicting reality is so horridly abysmal.

I wouldn't bet on it. Sessions is a fool if he believes his word alone is the be all, end all on this issue. First of all, the cost-benefits are far more than any cost-deficit created by the legalization of MJ. Though, the adult beverage industry and big pharma are likely opposed to it.
And the cost-benefits of heroin should the voters decide it too is vogue? :popcorn:

For decades the Federal Government along with many State Governments were cracking down on MJ, and the black market purveyors. The State of CA, and other states who have decriminalized MJ stand to benefit from the cost-benefits (taxes) and the elimination of the cost to enforce MJ laws.

Heroin is a different story, for it is highly addictive; MJ is not and it can become a habitual problem for some. I've known CRI (Confidential reliable informants) who were addicted to heroin and were healthy, employed and long term users. Their primary health problem drug related was constipation.

And the cost-benefits of heroin should the voters decide it too is vogue? :popcorn:

60,000 + OD deaths in a year is the fashion of the day?

Hardly, in my experience (university days) the great hazard of MJ use was the risk of over eating and/or making stupid comments and believing at the time they were brilliant.

Sil....you're making legal predictions *again*? You've literally never been right. Remember you're babble about how the USSC justices were about to be 'impeached'?

You keep projecting your desires while ignoring reality. Which is why your record of predicting reality is so horridly abysmal.
Silly's record is UNBLEMISHED. Whatever she proclaims, it is certain it will NOT happen.

Silly's record is UNBLEMISHED. Whatever she proclaims, it is certain it will NOT happen.

Its rather remarkable. I mean simply *guessing* would eventually produce a hit due to the law of large numbers. But in defiance of probability, Sil's record is still one of unblemished, even *perfect* failure.

She's literally never been right. Though she has elegantly demonstrated the utility of pseudo-legal gibberish.

60,000 + OD deaths in a year is the fashion of the day?

Hardly, in my experience (university days) the great hazard of MJ use was the risk of over eating and/or making stupid comments and believing at the time they were brilliant.

The only person in danger from a weed smoker is the dude between him and the doritos.

Forum List

Back