Calif Democrats Raise Taxes on Poor Yet Again

Why do the left hate the poor?

And like the existing gas taxes, these taxes will also be diverted to supporting their pet projects like illegals and trains to nowhere that no one will ride.

CA Legislature passes Gov. Brown's $52B plan to fix roads, hike gas taxes

Where does it say the poor..?

The governor's 10-year plan calls for raising gasoline excise taxes by 12 cents a gallon. It would also increase vehicle registration fees and impose a $100 charge on emission-free vehicles.

raising gas tax by 12 cents? Goddamn!
How are the poor supposed to go anywhere?
"sorry guys. I cant find a job because I cant afford to start my car"

And like the existing gas taxes, these taxes will also be diverted to supporting their pet projects like illegals and trains to nowhere that no one will ride.

I can't stand Governor Brown, he is way too far left..And it is so expensive in the bay area for these young folks because of the high tech, They just keep raising the prices on everything

Get your pocket book ready for a gas hike yourself...

Gas prices may jump at the pump after Syria airstrike

I can't stand Governor Brown, he is way too far left..And it is so expensive in the bay area for these young folks because of the high tech, They just keep raising the prices on everything

hell, our governor is wanting the taxes raised. Its for infrastructure and we have one of the lowest gas taxes in the country. So, it wont be that bad, but it still sucks. Then again, I like roads! Lol

hell, our governor is wanting the taxes raised. Its for infrastructure and we have one of the lowest gas taxes in the country. So, it wont be that bad, but it still sucks. Then again, I like roads! Lol

People waste most of their gas waiting in traffic..

I went to the midwest last summer , and it cost $35.00 to fill the car tank

out in California it costs double that..like $65.00

I want to move... hate the traffic and stupid people coming in who don't know how to drive..

The governor's 10-year plan calls for raising gasoline excise taxes by 12 cents a gallon. It would also increase vehicle registration fees and impose a $100 charge on emission-free vehicles.
Like Barbara Streisand cares about paying an extra $100 month.

From Howard Jarvis Association.

“Increasing the gas tax by 43% and raising the car tax is another blow to already struggling working Californians. This is money that will come out of the budgets of families who can least afford it. Sacramento has lost its way. Clearly the arrogant politicians would prefer to spend nearly $100 billion on a bullet train than fix the roads, unless they are paid an additional “bribe” in the form of a $52 billion tax increase.”

Because a wealthy person can pay the extra tax without a quibble. A poor person, on the other hand is going to see their net worth drop, their food and energy costs increase, and ultimately they will be left with less cash to help their family. It ain't rocket science.

The lower 48 is weird.

Alaskan's are actually arguing that we jack up the gas tax (to pre-oil cost drop of around $5/gal) in order to balance our budget so we don't have to dip into our savings. (Although if the cost of oil does go up because of the missiles shot off in syria, then "Thank you President Trump!")

Because a wealthy person can pay the extra tax without a quibble. A poor person, on the other hand is going to see their net worth drop, their food and energy costs increase, and ultimately they will be left with less cash to help their family. It ain't rocket science.
It's a confusing concept for the left to figure Oprah Winfrey and Pablo making minimum wage look at $100 a month differently.

It's a confusing concept for the left to figure Oprah Winfrey and Pablo making minimum wage look at $100 a month differently.

The problem that oprah has is she thinks it's normal to hop on a jet, fly 1,500 miles to get a haircut (at 2,500 bucks per), then fly back home. She has no clue what it is like to be poor or even middle class in the USA today.

Forum List

Back