California Begins Gun Confiscation

there it is folks..Government gets to choose what rights you have

Well I suppose we could become like Somalia or Afghanistan. Where it's guns a plenty and no restrictions on who has them..or how they get used.

Sure, if you want to go tribal.

It's not a fair example. Somalia doesn't have a form of government anymore. Both Somalia and Afghanistan has warring tribes trying to butcher each other.

Maybe you should try comparing us to Venezuela. Let's start small.

This is the sort of thing you folks are looking for..

And as for tribal? Conservatives take the cake.

Well I suppose we could become like Somalia or Afghanistan. Where it's guns a plenty and no restrictions on who has them..or how they get used.

It's not a fair example. Somalia doesn't have a form of government anymore. Both Somalia and Afghanistan has warring tribes trying to butcher each other.

Sorry for you that our worst fears turn out to be true.

REally burns your ass, doesn't it?

Again, not seeing the problem here... Crazy people shouldn't have guns.

Of course, it would probably disqualify 90% of the gun nuts on USMB.

The best argument for gun control is a five minute conversation with a gun nut.

Gun nut. Meaning anyone who does not support confiscation?

No, meaning anyone who thinks he needs a gun to fight the government or shoot those hoards of criminals they think are hiding in the bushes.

Here's the problem- the top two reasons you jokers give for why you need a gun are silly.

You'll never be able to effectively take on the government (They'll always have bigger, better guns) and a gun in the home is far more likely to kill a person in the home than a bad guy.

The fact that you guys think that crazy people should have guns because, hey, someone might accuse you of being crazy some day, kind of proves their point.

It is absolute insanity that crazy people have such easy access to weapons.

Problem is in this case the woman wasn't crazy. There's the rub. You don't have to be crazy, just be accused of being crazy.

All it takes is some low-life swearing out a warrant on you or signing some document on you and you're fucked.

Last edited:
Gun nut. Meaning anyone who does not support confiscation?

No, meaning anyone who thinks he needs a gun to fight the government or shoot those hoards of criminals they think are hiding in the bushes.

Here's the problem- the top two reasons you jokers give for why you need a gun are silly.

You'll never be able to effectively take on the government (They'll always have bigger, better guns) and a gun in the home is far more likely to kill a person in the home than a bad guy.

The fact that you guys think that crazy people should have guns because, hey, someone might accuse you of being crazy some day, kind of proves their point.

Problem is in this case the woman wasn't crazy. There's the rub. You don't have to be crazy, just be accused of being crazy.

All it takes is some low-life swearing out a warrant on you or signing some document on you and you're fucked.

She was sufficiently whacked enough to be confined to a mental hospital for a couple of days.

And frankly, if someone swears out a warrent on you, you've probably done something to deserve it.

The only time I've filed a legal complaint on anyone in my life was after everything else I tried failed, and my lawyer told me I had no choice. I can't imagine anyone does this frivolously.

I can see a few of our Lib friends here putting together a list to present to their group leader at their next We love Obama meeting.

She was sufficiently whacked enough to be confined to a mental hospital for a couple of days.

And frankly, if someone swears out a warrent on you, you've probably done something to deserve it.

The only time I've filed a legal complaint on anyone in my life was after everything else I tried failed, and my lawyer told me I had no choice. I can't imagine anyone does this frivolously.

You imbecile. I've already provided a perfect example where this happened to my wife and you're still talking shit.

STFU

I can see a few of our Lib friends here putting together a list to present to their group leader at their next We love Obama meeting.

I heard that they have Drones that can pick things up now.

So if you see a Drone in your neighborhood ether your neighbor is a member of al Qaeda or Netflix.

Sorry for you that our worst fears turn out to be true.

REally burns your ass, doesn't it?

What worst fears?

You folks being tribal?

Yeah..it's a little scary.

They were looking for a gun owner who’d recently spent two days in a mental hospital.

Special Agent Supervisor John Marsh who coordinates the operations around California, said: “We’re not contacting anybody who can legally own a gun. The only people we’re contacting are people who are prohibited from owning guns.”

:clap2:

You imbecile. I've already provided a perfect example where this happened to my wife and you're still talking shit.

STFU

That was your side of the story.

Whatever happened to medical confidentiality?

If mental health care defines one as mentally ill then every person who has ever seen a psychologist or psychiatrist for depression or anxiety issues should be worried.

I think everyone has at one time or another been accused of being a little crazy.

yes, we have...

Most of us don't get locked up in psych hospitals, though.

So being treated for depression is probable cause now?

16,000 gun deaths a year are suicides... I think that's a reasonable precaution.

I wish someone had done that with my neighbor a couple years ago when he shot out the window in a dry run before killing himself a couple weeks later. That guy owed me $5.

Now here's a real clash of fundamental rights, eh?

On one hand the right to bear arms.

On the other, the right to privacy.

And then too there's the right of the commonweal to protect itself.

And even if this goes through and anyone who has been committed gets their guns confiscated?

I doubt that will have much effect on the number of spree killing incidents.

STFU

In earlier versions of that story, you said that she pled no contest to the charges, and your lawyer screwed up and didn't get the charge expunged.

Given the kind of things I've heard you say about your tenants, I kind of have my doubts.

Forum List

Back