California Bill Aims To Curb Kids’ Soda Drinking At Restaurants

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
California, once again, leading the nation on the nanny state stupidity. Only the all knowing, omnipotent government is qualified to decide what your child is allowed to drink when you dine out at the private establishment of your choice. Parents are obviously too stupid to make these decisions.

Milk Or Water: California Bill Aims To Curb Kids' Soda Drinking At Restaurants

"Parents are obviously too stupid to make these decisions."

I am not agreeing with this new California law but I add that some parents not able to control their children not always that some parents too stupid to decide but that some children scream and the parents to shut them up give in.

The collective knows Best according to progressives… Too bad they are all fucked in the head

Commie California.....either the people will revolt or they might as well just have the government plan their entire life........freedom is just too hard.

I mean how do the people of California not get pissed by this stuff.......unreal.

California, once again, leading the nation on the nanny state stupidity. Only the all knowing, omnipotent government is qualified to decide what your child is allowed to drink when you dine out at the private establishment of your choice. Parents are obviously too stupid to make these decisions.

Milk Or Water: California Bill Aims To Curb Kids' Soda Drinking At Restaurants
Much more on the way.

Let's see how authoritarian ol' Big Brother becomes.
It only ends when the People return fire

Will they jail servers who bring drinks to the table? Will there be a sentencing enhancement if a straw is also provided?

Our kids look at soda like it is poison or a drink for foolish people. Of course, they like vegetables for breakfast sometimes also, so they are a bit weird I guess.

30 odd years ago my girlfriend was refused a glass of wine in a Fort Lauderdale hotel because she was 19. I thought it was hilarious but she didnt.
Americas nanny state is nothing new.

30 odd years ago my girlfriend was refused a glass of wine in a Fort Lauderdale hotel because she was 19. I thought it was hilarious but she didnt.

Yes, our alcohol laws here are retarded as well.

In many ways, the United States is ahead of the world. In many ways, we are behind.

Alcohol has always been regulated, this is new....and it's getting worse.

In many ways, the United States is ahead of the world. In many ways, we are behind.
It was my fault, I should have checked before we booked. It did seem bizarre that she could travel with and sleep with me but couldnt drink with me. Our Florida hell only lasted a week before we moved on to Jamaica.

I think a law like the one you are referring to puts too much onus on the restaurant but a way is needed to save these kids.

It was my fault, I should have checked before we booked. It did seem bizarre that she could travel with and sleep with me but couldnt drink with me. Our Florida hell only lasted a week before we moved on to Jamaica.

I think a law like the one you are referring to puts too much onus on the restaurant but a way is needed to save these kids.
you cant make people do the right thing. It's an issue of freedom, if people want to drink a coke, nothing you can do. Alcohol causes people to change when under it's influence significantly....so it's heavily regulated, soda at worst makes you hyper......so it's not and it shouldn't be..

As for obesity, it's up to the parents and their kids to do that. One way we used to control it was through social pressure (ie name calling) but some people think it's mean, so now there's not much we can do.

This seem like the logical step now that all of California's real problems are solved.

Do liberals sexually get off on constantly banning ordinary things? Why am I asking, of course they do!

you cant make people do the right thing. It's an issue of freedom, if people want to drink a coke, nothing you can do. Alcohol causes people to change when under it's influence significantly....so it's heavily regulated, soda at worst makes you hyper......so it's not and it shouldn't be..

As for obesity, it's up to the parents and their kids to do that. One way we used to control it was through social pressure (ie name calling) but some people think it's mean, so now there's not much we can do.
The parents are failing in there job though.
Sugar tax would 'cut childhood obesity'
The Uk has just brought in a soft drink tax on high sugar drinks making them 25% more expensive than low sugar. You still have a choice but it will cost you. The theory is that the tax raised will fund the care needed for diabetics and the obese.

I dont see that as unfair, its the same principle as a tax on fags and booze.

Forum List

Back