California Democrats: Moving Violation in Your Own Car More Punishable Than Stealing a Car

You know, any car can be a hazard. New cars will break down.
You have no right to judge others for what they drive and if it is worth stealing, there must be some value to it other than blue book. Matters not resale or blue book value. I would also imagine it is based on blue book. Resale value is even more subjective.
We have a van that we use to transport our large dogs which blue book value is only $500, yet is in perfect shape, other than its age. It is not a hazard on the road. So your comment is fubar.
You're probably doing someone a favor stealing it if your car is only worth $950.

Not it it's their only way to work so they can feed their family. Now that $950 car has a whole lot more value doesnt it?

Yea, but how long before a car worth $750 breaks down on the way to work or puts lives in danger? The bill might bring awareness of how bad these cars are and get people to spend a little bit of money to make them more safe and more reliable.

The point is there are plenty of cars worth $500 that are a hazard.

If you ever had a car stolen, the crap you have to through, you would want auto theft to be a capital crime.

If you ever had a car stolen, the crap you have to through, you would want auto theft to be a capital crime.
We had a friend whose brothers classic car was stolen, and he had just died in an accident. It was hell on them. Fortunately, a few years later it was actually found and returned to them.

You know, any car can be a hazard. New cars will break down.
You have no right to judge others for what they drive and if it is worth stealing, there must be some value to it other than blue book. Matters not resale or blue book value. I would also imagine it is based on blue book. Resale value is even more subjective.

I didn't judge anybody. It is simply a fact there are a lot of bad cars on the road that need more attention.

Forum List

Back