California Democrats Propose Strictest Gun Regulations In The Nation

If the law restricted the mentally ill bripat, your comments on this message board would likely put you on the the do not own a gun list. .

You're fascist comments are exactly the reason no sensible person wants people like you deciding who can have guns.

Why not stop calling everyone who disagrees with you morons; it's clearly a sign of projecting your mental disacuity onto others.

No, it's actually a sign that you're probably a moron.

You're the moron, FingerBoy!

Nuh uhn!

arnold-gun.jpg

Why the Gun Lobby Is Terrified of California

The 2nd Amendment only prohibits the populace from being disarmed. In no way shape or form does the 2nd Amendment give unlimited permission to own each and every kind of weapon or arm. It is not unconstitional to require registering a weapon or making laws against possession of an unregistered weapon.

The gun laws I proposed with renewable registration, ballistics tests and severe penalties for possession of an unregistered firearm are a good answer and if that doesn't work, it's time for single shot only weapons, so take your pick!

I pick none of the above.

If California chooses this route, that's Californians decision...and those in the minority can move to another state.

When it fails to reduce crime, it will be another nail in the coffin of gun control.

Plus, if folks move away, it will ultimately reduce their representation in Congress.

That's win/win as far as I'm concerned.

You are dreaming and it's not California Dreaming. I already anticipate problems with Nevada.

Let's see how many whacked out NRA gun nuts this country really has!
The NRA is not as whacked out as you idiot libtard.

You were right, he didn't get it.

I'm curious, do you have a life? Posting an average of 23 + times a day suggests this forum is your life. Not that I'm surprised.

23 posts takes all of what? a half hour? that leaves hom like 23 1/2 to live life. No you on the other hand, looking up his stats? come on man, get a life :eusa_whistle:

Hell for Cry Catch, it takes him several hours to post 23 times, he has challenges and I think a major one is his in ability to believe everyone else is a lot smarter than himself.

NBC News picked the weekend of Jan. 19-21 to examine gun deaths across America. There were 91.

Based on interviews with police, prosecutors and family members in all but a few of the cases, we tallied 53 homicides where one person killed another. There were another three homicides where multiple people were killed. There were six murder-suicides, and six suicides. Five accidental shootings. Three shootings by police, and at least two by civilians in self-defense. That's 78 horrors with 91 dead. On a different randomly chosen weekend, the count might shake out differently.

You can get killed throwing your daughter a 17th birthday party, if your angry estranged husband shows up. Without a gun, you might have an angry confrontation and maybe some tears. With a handgun, the birthday girl in Grapevine, Texas, lost her mother and father in a murder-suicide, police said.

Or you can get killed buying a taco from a vendor on the street in Los Angeles, if you get into an argument with the wrong person, and that person has a gun.

Or catching a train: A bystander was killed at a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in San Leandro, Calif., when a couple of gangs started trading shots.

You can get killed spending an afternoon with grandma. Just as the president was beginning his inaugural address and talking about making children safe, a gunman in Cocoa, Fla., burst into a home before a children's birthday party, shooting to death the mother of several of the children and seriously wounding their grandmother.

Or visiting a strip club. A U.S. Army soldier from Oklahoma's Fort Sill was killed outside a strip club during a dispute over a woman.

Over the inaugural weekend, a Las Vegas police lieutenant used a handgun to kill his wife, herself a former police officer, and their 5-year-old son, before killing himself, according to police, just as the president was taking his seat on the West Front terrace of the U.S. Capitol on Monday morning.

You can get killed when your fists are outgunned, like the 22-year-old man who his family said was standing up for his friends in a brawl, when someone else pulled a gun and shot him dead, according to police. They were in Torrance, Calif., attending a punk rock festival headlined by a band called "Aggression."

You can become an ironic headline, like the 20-year-old man in Lafayette, La., who was shot dead about 60 yards from the Martin Luther King Jr. recreation center, on Monday, the day when Dr. King's legacy of nonviolence was being celebrated. That shooting occurred about the time the Obamas left the White House for their inaugural ball.

Or you can be ignored as just another victim of a street crime or a drug deal, barely making the local newspapers if you're killed in a "confrontation at a mobile home park" or "shot and killed in an argument in a parking lot."

David Hemenway, a professor of health policy and management at the Harvard School of Public Health, says it will require a national mindset shift to make big inroads into the number of gun deaths, similar to the change that occurred in how child abuse – a condition once considered so endemic that it couldn’t be addressed – was viewed after new laws against it were passed in the 19th and 20th centuries.
"If it was in your safety to have a gun in the home, people in public health would try to get you to own a gun," he said last month at a forum on gun violence sponsored by the Harvard School of Public Health and the Reuters news agency. "But what evidence we have is that it's against your self interest."

Death takes no holiday: Tracking gun violence over one long January weekend - Open Channel

There is so much more to this story and I wish I could have posted all of it. I think the bottom line is exactly what Professor Hemenway had to say.

Flashpoint: Guns in America

Long weekend of gun deaths

Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Jan. 19, NBC News tallied every known gun death across the U.S., stopping at midnight on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, Jan. 21— a day the gun debate again made national headlines as part of President Obama’s inaugural address. This interactive map shows all the gun deaths we uncovered.

Interactive map: Long weekend of gun deaths | NBC News

Great response to dubya. I doubt he'll even get it.

You were right, he didn't get it.

I'm curious, do you have a life? Posting an average of 23 + times a day suggests this forum is your life. Not that I'm surprised.

I have thought the same thing many times about people that post on this site. I worked for a major health insurance company for 27 years. I NEVER had time to post while I was at work. I've always wondered if these people even work.

Now I find out that I could have lived for free all those years and I didn't have to work at all!!! I am a liberal and was supposed to be living off the system!!! :lol:

Flashpoint: Guns in America

Long weekend of gun deaths

Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Jan. 19, NBC News tallied every known gun death across the U.S., stopping at midnight on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, Jan. 21— a day the gun debate again made national headlines as part of President Obama’s inaugural address. This interactive map shows all the gun deaths we uncovered.

Interactive map: Long weekend of gun deaths | NBC News

So what? Why doesnt he do a weekend of car deaths?

There is no problem proposing strict gun regaulations in light of all the shootings we see by people who should not have had access to guns in the first place, let the shit be strict, if you meet all the criteria whats the problem?

The Peaole's Republic of California, The People's Republic of New York, The People's Republic of Maryland. Soon to be; The People's Republic of America. Patriots must resist this unconstitutional attack on their freedoms and their rights. Just remember, 53% of your fellow voting "americans" have chosen this path and should be considered your enemies and traitors to this nation.

There is no problem proposing strict gun regaulations in light of all the shootings we see by people who should not have had access to guns in the first place, let the shit be strict, if you meet all the criteria whats the problem?

You understand that people will get guns regardless, right?

Ecc 10:2 A wise man's heart tends toward his right, but a fool's heart tends toward his left.
Even God knows that leftist liberals are fools.

Forum List

Back