California Disgrace to the World

I don't remember the address or name, but we went to a Greek Restaurant in LB and it was great.
Was it on 2nd St in Belmont Shore?

It's been years, my wife and I stayed one night before going on a cruise. We'd never been there, and the owner greeted us as if we were long term customers. Not only was the food very good, but the entertainment took us by surprise, in the middle of our meal the entire staff took to dancing in a circle all around the tables.

The shore break at Huntington Cliffs is the closest we got to the water; one needed to have a license to surf the pier, and coming from the North they wouldn't let us in the water. We watched for a while, and at 10 AM a horn went off and surfing was no longer allowed. That was my last safari that far south, the rest ended at County Line.
There's always The Wedge.

I've gone over the falls enough, once at Kelly's Cove (SF's Ocean Beach) I hit the bottom so hard I separated my shoulder.

This State has a mentally ill person leaving office and another person entering office who advocates naked gay men parades in front of little children. The state advocates welfare and hatred for white people. Bluest state in the Union...go figure. Idiots from desert to coast.
California Has Become a Disgraceful State
4th largest economy in the world, I bet they feel discraced.lol
Just because of their population. 1st largest insane asylum.

The reason I get satisfaction when that cesspool burns to ashes.

Before that ever happens your state will be the confluence of where the Atlantic and Gulf waters meet.

CA learns from experience, unlike the rubes in tornado alley who know and don't prepare for weather which are extreme and regular. We have earthquake codes when our extreme natural events happen decades apart.

We also learned from experience that Republicans keep kicking cans down the road, when elected they feather their own nest and those who bribe them with "campaign donations", and then cutting taxes and building prisons. A policy which defies sagacious thought.

"Rube" appears to be your favorite word to describe those inferior deplorables who are too stupid to think as highly of you as you do yourself. You're no better than the Mexican picking grapes outside of Delano kid, you just think you are.

Ca is a shithole despite your denials. You're about to have to pay a "tax" on water. Newsome is going to break you.
Rich white liberals who didn't work for their money, just like that loser, don't care about...

Higher taxes
$10 dollars a gallon for gas to "save the planet

And they also.....

Love living behind guarded walls
Love telling the poor that they need to not eat at cheaper fast food places

$10 for gas? You're either a damn liar or too stupid to check facts.

Rich liberals work for their money; Rich conservatives are Wall Street Brokers who share insider trading for their money.
Dumb.

This State has a mentally ill person leaving office and another person entering office who advocates naked gay men parades in front of little children. The state advocates welfare and hatred for white people. Bluest state in the Union...go figure. Idiots from desert to coast.

California contributes far more to the US Federal government in terms of taxes than it gets back

2018’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

California is rated number 43 and 35 dependency.

South Carolina rated number 2 and 29 dependency. FUUUUCK.

Others you may want to look at your states where you stand before saying anything about California.
Large numbers of African Americans in southern states and 70% of black babies born to single moms. Democrats are your answer to dependency.

California contributes far more to the US Federal government in terms of taxes than it gets back

2018’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States
Contributing far more stupidity too.

I just don’t understand why there’s so much hate about California. When other states are far worse than California.

Absolutely. Before I retired, I traveled to 45 of the states in this country, and had to stay sometimes for extended periods. I never spent time in any state that I ever wanted to live in more than California. The weather alone makes it possible to do anything outdoors at any time of the year.
Never been to Texas huh?

well you said you live in paradise...your location says long beach.....
I lived there for 11 years, but moved back to Long Beach in 2012.

There are some great restaurants in Long Beach. East 555 Steakhouse on Ocean Ave is one of my favorites.
Long Beach is shit.

There is "shit" in every town and city in the country. And, there is usually some good as well.
JMO.

I just don’t understand why there’s so much hate about California. When other states are far worse than California.

Absolutely. Before I retired, I traveled to 45 of the states in this country, and had to stay sometimes for extended periods. I never spent time in any state that I ever wanted to live in more than California. The weather alone makes it possible to do anything outdoors at any time of the year.
Never been to Texas huh?

In fact I have. Multiple times. My grandfather was born there, and I visited. And I turned down some potential job promotions there as well.

The reason I get satisfaction when that cesspool burns to ashes.

Before that ever happens your state will be the confluence of where the Atlantic and Gulf waters meet.

CA learns from experience, unlike the rubes in tornado alley who know and don't prepare for weather which are extreme and regular. We have earthquake codes when our extreme natural events happen decades apart.

We also learned from experience that Republicans keep kicking cans down the road, when elected they feather their own nest and those who bribe them with "campaign donations", and then cutting taxes and building prisons. A policy which defies sagacious thought.

"Rube" appears to be your favorite word to describe those inferior deplorables who are too stupid to think as highly of you as you do yourself. You're no better than the Mexican picking grapes outside of Delano kid, you just think you are.

Ca is a shithole despite your denials. You're about to have to pay a "tax" on water. Newsome is going to break you.
Rich white liberals who didn't work for their money, just like that loser, don't care about...

Higher taxes
$10 dollars a gallon for gas to "save the planet

And they also.....

Love living behind guarded walls
Love telling the poor that they need to not eat at cheaper fast food places

$10 for gas? You're either a damn liar or too stupid to check facts.

Rich liberals work for their money; Rich conservatives are Wall Street Brokers who share insider trading for their money.

Dumb.

It appears you forgot to post a response to my post, or maybe it disappeared after you signed it with your given name.

Blah,blah,blah. Bigger economy than florida and texas combined less pop and less land when compared to the two states. Your op is shit as normal

A US State with an economy only topped by 6 other countries.

And Republicans, who mostly live in Appalachia, feels California should somehow be ashamed.

I don't get it.

I can't explain it.

It makes no sense.

Blah,blah,blah. Bigger economy than florida and texas combined less pop and less land when compared to the two states. Your op is shit as normal

Yes, but they are still broke.

California’s Total State and Local Debt Totals $1.3 Trillion | California Policy Center

California is the only state, that went to the Federal Government, to ask that their debts be security by the Feds. All because they were in danger of going into default.

Doesn't matter if you have the largest economy of any state in the Union, if you end up going bankrupt.

It's that simple. For a long time Detroit was a nation leader in industry. Didn't stop them from going broke with bad left-wing policy.

California’s Total State and Local Debt Totals $1.3 Trillion | California Policy Center

California is the only state, that went to the Federal Government, to ask that their debts be security by the Feds. All because they were in danger of going into default.

Doesn't matter if you have the largest economy of any state in the Union, if you end up going bankrupt.

It's that simple. For a long time Detroit was a nation leader in industry. Didn't stop them from going broke with bad left-wing policy.
Sage advice, right wingers.
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

So a right wing policy center is your source. According to federal governemnts websites that is flat bull shit.
State Debt Rank for 2017 - Charts
So blow me!

A US State with an economy only topped by 6 other countries.

And Republicans, who mostly live in Appalachia, feels California should somehow be ashamed.

I don't get it.

I can't explain it.

It makes no sense.

It makes total sense. A US state with an economy topped only by 6 other countries......... You are absolutely right! They are the 6th largest economy in the world! Absolutely correct!

tent-city_1456526206488_900004_ver1.0.gif

Santa-Ana-homeless-Getty-1.jpg

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/City-lamp-post-falls-and-urine-was-a-factor-6424634.php
People urinating on street light.... rusted through and falls on street.

8199241096_06d270821d_o.0.jpg

If this was Haiti, or Katmandu, where the economy is a tiny fraction of California.... then you are right. Nothing worth being upset about, or embarrassed by.

But this is the 6th largest economy in the world..... And this is the results? California used to be widely know around the world, as the middle class American paradise... what the crap did you do to it? You don't see anything here to be embarrassed about? 6th Largest economy in the world, and you can't even clean your streets? $1.3 Trillion in debt, with the 6th largest economy in the world, and even with all that borrowed money, you can't even clean dirty used needles from around public schools? Nothing to be embarrassed about?

Yeah, I think there is plenty to be embarrassed about. At least any normal, non partisan would be embarrassed.

So a right wing policy center is your source. According to federal governemnts websites that is flat bull shit.
State Debt Rank for 2017 - Charts
So blow me!

Did you look at your link? The two most indebted States, California, number one, and New York, number two.

Regardless, you are ignoring unfunded liabilities.

Do you know what an unfunded liability is? It is money you agreed to pay, but have not done so yet.

Because the debt has not happened as of yet, it is not calculated in direct debt numbers. Yet when the bill comes due, it is still owed.

For example, Social Security, and Medicare, both have massive unfunded liabilities.

Medicare Faces Unfunded Liability of $38.6T, or $328,404 for Each U.S. Household

Now every calculation of an unfunded liability, is of course an estimate. We can't know exactly how much will be owed, until it is owed.

For example, if the economy grows at 20% for the next five years, that would dramatically increase funding for those programs, and thus the unfunded liability would be lower, or even disappear.

If the economy grows slower, you would end up with larger unfunded liabilities.

California has billions of dollars in unfunded liabilities. Those numbers may not be current debt, and they might be estimates that change in the future. But based on historical growth figures, we can safely assume that these estimates are fairly accurate.

Forum List

Back