California I-10 bridge collapse: Travel woes that could last

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I thought it never rained in Southern California.

My Way News - California I-10 bridge collapse Travel woes that could last

The rains came amid a second day of showers and thunderstorms in southern and central California that were setting rainfall records in what is usually a dry month.

Rain fell Sunday afternoon in parts of Los Angeles County's mountains, the valley north and inland urban areas to the east as remnants of tropical storm Dolores brought warm, muggy conditions northward.

The showers forced the Los Angeles Angels' first rainout in 20 years and the San Diego Padres' first rainout since 2006.

Saturday's rainfall broke records in at least 11 locations, including five places that had the most rain ever recorded on any day in July, said National Weather Service meteorologist Joe Sirard.

Anything that makes traffic worse in SoCal is a catastrophe, Too many people, too many cars.

Things like this highlight the inability of the public sector to react quickly to a crisis.

This failed bridge will trigger months and months of analysis, months or preparing bid specifications, months of a bidding process, and the award of a too-expensive, too late contract to some well-connected highway contractor.

If the road were privately owned and tolled, it would be back in service in a couple weeks. And the owner would be facing lawsuits from people who have never driven on it.

Anything that makes traffic worse in SoCal is a catastrophe, Too many people, too many cars.

Things like this highlight the inability of the public sector to react quickly to a crisis.

This failed bridge will trigger months and months of analysis, months or preparing bid specifications, months of a bidding process, and the award of a too-expensive, too late contract to some well-connected highway contractor.

If the road were privately owned and tolled, it would be back in service in a couple weeks. And the owner would be facing lawsuits from people who have never driven on it.

They might be able to use some army tech to temporarily bridge the gap. If it is a really needed road they can try to pull that off.

The op might very well be correct in some of what's said but the toll road senerio is BS..

It's not a very big bridge...over a wash. Shouldn't take too long to get something set up.

Oh noes! Not a cancelled Baseball game! Oh the hoar!

Baltimore O's had IT'S game even though the city was rioting, just left the fans out.

what is the net immigration here from mexico?

do you even know?
I suppose that would depend on where here is, but it is common knowledge that california is a major gateway to the filth from the south.
I think that california should lose all federal funding until they can get that problem under control.

do you even know?
I suppose that would depend on where here is, but it is common knowledge that california is a major gateway to the filth from the south.
I think that california should lose all federal funding until they can get that problem under control.
So...you don't believe there's any illegal immigration from the North?

do you even know?
Very little, and the ones that are usually have skills, take showers and have seen doctors at least once in their life.

The rains came amid a second day of showers and thunderstorms in southern and central California that were setting rainfall records in what is usually a dry month.

Rain fell Sunday afternoon in parts of Los Angeles County's mountains, the valley north and inland urban areas to the east as remnants of tropical storm Dolores brought warm, muggy conditions northward.

The showers forced the Los Angeles Angels' first rainout in 20 years and the San Diego Padres' first rainout since 2006.

Saturday's rainfall broke records in at least 11 locations, including five places that had the most rain ever recorded on any day in July, said National Weather Service meteorologist Joe Sirard.
has Ed Schultz blamed the Republicans yet?

do you even know?
maybe California should withhold everything they contribute to the country until the feds get this problem under control...hows that?....

has Ed Schultz blamed the Republicans yet?
to late....dean beat him to it.....

Kinda reminds me of a parable Jesus told about building a house on the rock instead of sand.

Oh noes! Not a cancelled Baseball game! Oh the hoar!
Baltimore O's had IT'S game even though the city was rioting, just left the fans out.
you ever play baseball?.....
Baseball, Football and one season each of Basketball, Track, Soccer and Water Polo. Water polo was KILLER! I never thought you could sweat in the water but you do. Soccer is the most boring.

Baseball was MY sport. Played every position except Shortstop because I kept crewing up double play balls! As Pitcher I had two pitches: A fastball and a wild pitch!

But then I grew up and I stopped playing kid games. The only exception was Squadron Baseball and Football when I was in the AF. (3rd Base, Defensive end) And I only did that as a bullet for promotions.

There's a guy at my work who is all obsessed about sports and from what I can tell, has NEVER played. Ever.

do you even know?
Very little, and the ones that are usually have skills, take showers and have seen doctors at least once in their life.
Not true...the Northern border is way more porous and it's quite easy to get into Canada from elsewhere then cross the border into the U.S.

Now....why do you think we don't hear about it as much?

Forum List

Back