California Passes Measure Requiring Presidential Candidates To Release Tax Returns

I personally do not think they are circumventing the Constitution. How a state runs their elections is left very much up to them.
But, you see how that may be in conflict with the supreme law of the land (the constitution) don't you?

If States are free to run their elections as they see fit, they could use any number of measures to keep certain candidates off the ballot, including race requirements and ballot tests.

Yes and no. They can create almost any requirements they want except race as that is expressly denied. They could create a height requirement though if they really wanted to.

If Gov. Gavin Newsom signs the bill, Donald Trump would have to release his taxes in order to get on the state’s 2020 primary ballot.
Trump won't win California's electoral votes anyway. So California just saved him the trouble of having to campaign there.
PRIMARY

It would still effect the republican candidate if there is a primary. I doubt they could keep the current president off the ballot. That, more than likely, would be stricken down.

If Gov. Gavin Newsom signs the bill, Donald Trump would have to release his taxes in order to get on the state’s 2020 primary ballot.
Trump won't win California's electoral votes anyway. So California just saved him the trouble of having to campaign there.
PRIMARY

It would still effect the republican candidate if there is a primary. I doubt they could keep the current president off the ballot. That, more than likely, would be stricken down.
Since Trump is unopposed, he will be the GOP candidate with or without California's primary.

The Republican Party's primaries will be a self-stroking formality.

Previous presidents have complied with tradition. Why can't a previous president speak out about a "president" who does not play by the rules. The slut in the Oval Office seems to be hiding a whole lot.. No wonder that a previous president, who played by the rules, speaks out..Why aren't you, as an American, insisting on transparency.
That previous "president" has enough skeletons in his own closet, and probably shouldn't be speaking out about our current President. As to "tradition" about taxes, there's no requirement that he provide them to anyone but the IRS, and state government tax offices. YOU do not need to see anyone's taxes.
So you like someone who is deliberately hiding something. What is stopping your president (not "our" president) from revealing what all of the other presidents have revealed? He acts like a criminal and he probably is on

How childish of you. That I don't show you my personal papers is not hiding anything. It's simply none of your business.
Since Trump is a public official, it most certainly is my business to know where he gets his income and how he spends it.

He is clearly hiding something, and it is only your hypocrisy which prevents you from wanting to know what that is.

Previous presidents have complied with tradition. Why can't a previous president speak out about a "president" who does not play by the rules. The slut in the Oval Office seems to be hiding a whole lot.. No wonder that a previous president, who played by the rules, speaks out..Why aren't you, as an American, insisting on transparency.
That previous "president" has enough skeletons in his own closet, and probably shouldn't be speaking out about our current President. As to "tradition" about taxes, there's no requirement that he provide them to anyone but the IRS, and state government tax offices. YOU do not need to see anyone's taxes.
So you like someone who is deliberately hiding something. What is stopping your president (not "our" president) from revealing what all of the other presidents have revealed? He acts like a criminal and he probably is on

How childish of you. That I don't show you my personal papers is not hiding anything. It's simply none of your business.
Since Trump is a public official, it most certainly is my business to know where he gets his income and how he spends it.

No it is not, short of evidence of wrongdoing.

No, it is not.
It most certainly is. And it is only your hypocrisy which prevents you from wanting to know what he is hiding.

PRIMARY

Since Trump is unopposed, he will be the GOP candidate with or without California's primary.

That is what I have been saying. It will not affect Trump.

It will affect the next candidates. I doubt that it will be an issue again for decades though as this is a rather unique case. A standard politician would have never been able to make it past even a fraction of what Trump has done.

PRIMARY

That is what I have been saying. It will not affect Trump.

It will affect the next candidates. I doubt that it will be an issue again for decades though as this is a rather unique case. A standard politician would have never been able to make it past even a fraction of what Trump has done.
The next candidates won't hide their tax returns like Demagogue Donald is.

The California Legislature has overwhelmingly passed a measure requiring all presidential and gubernatorial candidates to release their tax returns to get on the primary ballot, which could shake things up for President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

The Presidential Tax Transparency & Accountability Act, SB 27, would require that the candidates release the previous five years of their returns. The bill passed 57-17 in the Assembly on Tuesday and 29-10 in the state Senate Thursday. It now awaits the signature of Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom to become law.

The measure includes an urgency clause, which would allow the legislation to take effect immediately, in time for the 2020 election, reports ABC-7 News.

More: California Passes Measure Requiring Presidential Candidates To Release Tax Returns

Great news! Hopefully more states will follow.
No matter. Like he has a chance in CA anyway.
trumpmoron2.jpg

The California Legislature has overwhelmingly passed a measure requiring all presidential and gubernatorial candidates to release their tax returns to get on the primary ballot, which could shake things up for President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

The Presidential Tax Transparency & Accountability Act, SB 27, would require that the candidates release the previous five years of their returns. The bill passed 57-17 in the Assembly on Tuesday and 29-10 in the state Senate Thursday. It now awaits the signature of Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom to become law.

The measure includes an urgency clause, which would allow the legislation to take effect immediately, in time for the 2020 election, reports ABC-7 News.

More: California Passes Measure Requiring Presidential Candidates To Release Tax Returns

Me thinks they may just have a bit of trouble getting their idiotic notions of reality past the federal election laws. Anyone giving odds as to their chances in the supreme court? I'll be happy to take some of your money.

California's next law = non whites are not allowed to vote for anyone except Democrats

and they'll claim the law "fights racism."

He is clearly hiding something, and it is only your hypocrisy which prevents you from wanting to know what that is.
The Supreme Court already said that where another citizen obtains his income and how it is spent is none of your business. Becoming a public official deprives no one of the ordinary rights of citizenship.

The Supreme Court already said that where another citizen obtains his income and how it is spent is none of your business. Becoming a public official deprives no one of the ordinary rights of citizenship.
No one is forcing Trump to reveal his tax records.

But if he wants to be on the Republican primary ballot in California...

California's next law = non whites are not allowed to vote for anyone except Democrats

and they'll claim the law "fights racism."
It doesn't matter who you vote for. A democrat harvester will take your ballot and change your vote.

Trump is hiding something. This is blazingly obvious. There is something on his tax returns which he knows even the most willfully blind member of the Rube Herd would find bothersome.

Something as bothersome as shooting someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight.

The Rube Herd does not want to know what that is. It scares the shit out of them. They want to remain in blissful ignorance.

No one is forcing Trump to reveal his tax records.

But if he wants to be on the Republican primary ballot in California...
I doubt he cares about a primary ballot since he is running unopposed. One vote is the same as ten million. Write in his name if It means that much.

The SC will shoot that down just as it shot down state bills saying someone could only run for Congress so many times.

Before he started to seriously consider a run for the White House, 80 percent of Donald Trump's donations went to Democrats.

Pro-abortion Democrats.

In fact, he and his family all funded Chuck Schumer's first three Senate campaigns.

Trump also funded Terry McAuliffe's first gubernatorial run in Virginia. McAulliffe is a close personal friend of the Clintons. A real far lefty.

Trump and his family also donated over half a million dollars to the Clinton Foundation.

It would not surprise me in the least if Trump's tax returns are chock full of deductions for donations to Planned Parenthood and other far left causes.

Trump is hiding something. This is blazingly obvious. There is something on his tax returns which he knows even the most willfully blind member of the Rube Herd would find bothersome.

Something as bothersome as shooting someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight.

The Rube Herd does not want to know what that is. It scares the shit out of them. They want to remain in blissful ignorance.
And the IRS with all of its audits never found a thing. Only the drooling walking dead of democats will soon spot it.

Forum List

Back