California Pizza Places Laying Off ALL Delivery Drivers Due To New Law

How many poor and retirees are in there?
I'm not sure...but the point is that the businesses that swore they would go belly up in seconds if they had to pay $15 an hour are still open...it's a miracle!!!

Customers are just paying whatever price increases came along with it. I was at a B-Dubs while traveling over the holiday...it was packed. Plenty of employees as well as customers.

I'm not sure...but the point is that the businesses that swore they would go belly up in seconds if they had to pay $15 an hour are still open...it's a miracle!!!

Customers are just paying whatever price increases came along with it. I was at a B-Dubs while traveling over the holiday...it was packed. Plenty of employees as well as customers.
Restaurants are closing all over the place in Washington. There is a limit to how much people are willing to pay for a meal. I know you're going to ignore the facts, but here they are.

You can't pay a delivery guy $20 per hour to deliver pizza's....
So you idiots who voted for a min hourly wage... go get your own pizza and say an I'm sorry to the out of work kids trying to pay their way by delivering pizza's....

Way to go California! What a shithole state. Expect tax revenues to fall even further and prices to increase further, just what hard working Californians need.

Yea social justice prevails

You're fired

It never fails

Define "necessary". While I'm not backing California's wage hike, I also won't support any notion that relies on believing any and all minimum wage increases are some kind of injustice against business owners.
It’s an injustice against the people who are losing their jobs because of it.

Nobody but the business owner chose to lay off her delivery drivers.
Because going out of business would be better?

No thanks. I'm not just talking about pizza. The $20 minimum wage is for all fast food workers. That means a little burger, fries and drink will be around $12. Tell us how poor people and retirees on fixed incomes will be able to go out for lunch? Minimum wage was never supposed to be a "living wage".
Yeah, I live in a prog blue state that is following CA's lead and I figure "Screw 'em, I'll shop in a neighboring state."

Just for accuracy shitferbrains, 1200 ain’t “thousands”

And guess what? Those pizzas ain’t gonna deliver themselves.

Those drivers shift to Ubereats or what ever
Where they have no benefits, no min wage, nothing…Again just showing that you libs couldn’t care less for the working poor…

Way to go California! What a shithole state. Expect tax revenues to fall even further and prices to increase further, just what hard working Californians need.

And the laid-off drivers will work as Door Dash delivery drivers making more money with more flexible hour.

This is a non-issue.

First off, it would help to read the liink.............

2 Pizza Hut franchises which happen to own a few stores are the only ones doing this in the article. Not all pizza places as the OP asserted in their title.

They are doing the layoffs up through Feb because of the 20 dollar minimum wage law that takes effect in April, and the franchise owners don't want to pay the money. Chances are, they will probably try to use GrubHub or some other delivery service, but will find out it doesn't work as well as they thought, and will hire back drivers (my prediction).

And,,,,,,,,,,,its only the 2 Pizza Hut franchises doing this...........not all pizza places.
True but conservatives will lie about it anyway and continue their unwarranted opposition to the minimum wage.

The right’s war on working Americans continues.

Subway?

Might as well chew tree bark

What’s wrong with you people?
It's a good question.

Subway sends LOTS of coupons out too, so if that's your bag, you can get fed as a trio for about half of what these 3 allegedly paid.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back