California Pizza Places Laying Off ALL Delivery Drivers Due To New Law

Yep, the thread is just a MAGA moron drive by.
They are such a stupid cult.

Have you ever heard of a search engine?

PacPizza, LLC, operating as Pizza Hut, said in a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act notice that the company made a business decision to eliminate first-party delivery services and, as a result, the elimination of all delivery driver positions, according to Business Insider. The notice was filed with the state's Employment Development Department.

And...

Southern California Pizza Co., a second Pizza Hut franchise, is also eliminating its in-house delivery services and laying off 841 drivers, according to a WARN Act notice from Dec 1.

The layoffs impact drivers at Pizza Hut locations in Sacramento, Palm Springs, Los Angeles and other cities throughout the state.

He didn't say all. He said pizza places, plural meaning more than 1. 2 is more than 1.

He also said those places were laying off all delivery drivers.

He never said all delivery drivers were being laid off in California.

It's not even two places but two franchises which own lots of stores in CA. That's why the estimate of 1200 workers.

Way to go California! What a shithole state. Expect tax revenues to fall even further and prices to increase further, just what hard working Californians need.

I've been meaning to go out to Cali-forn-aye eh but I doubt
Nick Cage would be seen anywhere within a few blocks of any
California Pizza Place.On account he's a master Chef according to
- Pig - { 2021 } and ain't likely to truffle round too nun mushed.
Some say I strike a likeness to Nick Cage.
Then agin' some say lots a stuff.

Have you ever heard of a search engine?

PacPizza, LLC, operating as Pizza Hut, said in a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act notice that the company made a business decision to eliminate first-party delivery services and, as a result, the elimination of all delivery driver positions, according to Business Insider. The notice was filed with the state's Employment Development Department.

And...

Southern California Pizza Co., a second Pizza Hut franchise, is also eliminating its in-house delivery services and laying off 841 drivers, according to a WARN Act notice from Dec 1.

The layoffs impact drivers at Pizza Hut locations in Sacramento, Palm Springs, Los Angeles and other cities throughout the state.
The pizza is crap and they desire all the lost business for being cheap.

First off, it would help to read the liink.............

2 Pizza Hut franchises which happen to own a few stores are the only ones doing this in the article. Not all pizza places as the OP asserted in their title.

They are doing the layoffs up through Feb because of the 20 dollar minimum wage law that takes effect in April, and the franchise owners don't want to pay the money. Chances are, they will probably try to use GrubHub or some other delivery service, but will find out it doesn't work as well as they thought, and will hire back drivers (my prediction).

And,,,,,,,,,,,its only the 2 Pizza Hut franchises doing this...........not all pizza places.
Well, I think it said franchise owners. Some may have more than one storefront.

What is hilarious is that for years and years we heard that places like Pizza Hut couldn’t possibly pay $15 an hour. Didn’t that moron who founded Papa Johns say that they would be out of business or something over Obamacare?

Anyway, it turned out that $15 is acceptable--magically. Now they are choosing to die on the $20 per hour hill. I don’t know their financials but like with all minimum wage discussions...Pizza Hut is not at a competitive disadvantage if Papa, Little Caesars, Domino’s etc... are all having to do it as well. From my own experience--I love Pizza Hut but I have noticed that there are delivery fees on top of what you’re expected to tip.

Forum List

Back