California Restaurant banning 'loud' kids has parents outraged

Many upscale restaurants around here ban kids altogether during certain hours.

I can't stand the way parents are so arrogant, they think that the whole world has to put up with and cater to their noisy, out-of-control human larvae simply because they couldn't be bothered with a condom that night.

You know a type of business that would make a glorious killing in profits? An airline called "Air No Screaming Babies" that prohibits any child under the age of, say 5-6 years old. On long flights it's an auditory torture of another kind to be trapped in a metal tube with an ear-piercing orchestra of screaming infants. And obviously on an airplane it's not like you can step outside on the wing to get away from the noise. I think parents who brings these sonic tortures on planes should be beheaded en route and have their heads roll down a ramp and fall into one of ten numbered holes. Then the other passengers can gamble money on which hole the head will fall into. It's fun for everybody!

It's really bad on 8 hour flights from LAX to Tahiti because all flights start in Paris, stop in LA and continue on to Papeete. Which means the plane is filled with French families and their epidemic, idiotic trend of bringing newborn infants with them when they travel halfway around the planet - as opposed to waiting a few years until the kid is old enough to remember the family vacation and doesn't need 24/7 constant physical care. And French babies are always nonstop vomiters and screamers (so the smell matches the sound) - no doubt from the sheer horror of being born French. So both my trips to Tahiti, I was treated to literally a 747 full of screaming, puking French babies.

..if your kids are out of control, get out--just common courtesy/manners
...another one is a loud conversation on a cell phone--I don't want to hear it --go outside with it

I went into a restaurant with my daughter (an adult) and while we were waiting for our meal, the kid in the booth behind me, kept kicking the back of my booth and the parents were doing nothing. I told the kid to stop kicking the back when he looked over the top and the parents came to the defense of the kid. Their reasoning was, "he's just a kid." My response was, "yes, he's just a kid and it's the parents job to control him when in public places." They stopped the kid from kicking the backing and shut up.
The management has a good policy. Children must be well behaved in restaurants, especially fine-dining restaurants. If they cannot behave properly, the parents need to take them to "Chuck E. Cheese's," or a McDonald's, where they're expected to behave like animals. If the child is too young to be controlled (a toddler or infant), the parents should just find a sitter or order delivery until it's older.
My partner and I went to a PG-13 movie, while sitting there, a couple brought in their child who appeared to be 5 years old, who upon seeing the violence, began screaming. There's a reason for the rating system and parents are supposed to use a degree of intelligence in what they watch with their kids. If they want to watch anything more than a "G" rated movie, they should leave the kids with a sitter.

^^^ If that couple was not able to get their kid to quiet down, did they ever leave and when I ask such a question, I mean before the film was finished.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if consideration and respect can not be shown, then it shouldn't be expected in return.

Good manners are taught beginning at an early age. Our children learned quickly acting up will result in a trip outside to "discuss" their behavior

If parents can’t control their little angels then remove them from the premises until they quiet down

Better to ruin your dinner than everyone else’s

I went into a restaurant with my daughter (an adult) and while we were waiting for our meal, the kid in the booth behind me, kept kicking the back of my booth and the parents were doing nothing. I told the kid to stop kicking the back when he looked over the top and the parents came to the defense of the kid. Their reasoning was, "he's just a kid." My response was, "yes, he's just a kid and it's the parents job to control him when in public places." They stopped the kid from kicking the backing and shut up.
The management has a good policy. Children must be well behaved in restaurants, especially fine-dining restaurants. If they cannot behave properly, the parents need to take them to "Chuck E. Cheese's," or a McDonald's, where they're expected to behave like animals. If the child is too young to be controlled (a toddler or infant), the parents should just find a sitter or order delivery until it's older.
My partner and I went to a PG-13 movie, while sitting there, a couple brought in their child who appeared to be 5 years old, who upon seeing the violence, began screaming. There's a reason for the rating system and parents are supposed to use a degree of intelligence in what they watch with their kids. If they want to watch anything more than a "G" rated movie, they should leave the kids with a sitter.

I remember taking my kids to movies when they were quite young
If they acted up, I tried to quiet them
If they kept it up, I removed them from the theater till they quieted down

I would not take them to an adult restaurant ......they didn’t like it and those around us didn’t like it

Forum List

Back