California unveils Native American monument at Capitol, replacing missionary statue toppled in 2020

No they didn't. There were all kinds of nations that had nothing to do with either the confederacy or the Union.
Of the Five Nations, two sided with the CSA, two with the Union, and the Cherokee were split. Tribes in the SW tried to improve their position and got the crap kicked out of them. Bosque Redondo resulted.

Nobody, colonizer or first peoples, were pacificists, except a very, very few.

I guess in Pleasantville they didn't teach you about the forced removal of the 5 tribes from 1830-1850 that members of those Nations refer to as the trail of tears.

I guess in dumbfounded land they didn't teach you Natives sided with the Confederacy

I know my history, you don't

Of the Five Nations, two sided with the CSA, two with the Union, and the Cherokee were split. Tribes in the SW tried to improve their position and got the crap kicked out of them. Bosque Redondo resulted.

Nobody, colonizer or first peoples, were pacificists, except a very, very few.
And thank you. Because that leaves nearly 498 Nations that did not side with the confederacy.

While nobody was pacifists, the first people did not float over to another continent believing they had right to that land.

Stop making false equivalences. Nobody went into Europe and tried colonizing whites.
They didn't call it 'colonization' but those who conquered, occupied, and changed the culture of what became modern day Europe included the Persians (twice), the Umajjad Caliphate (Muslims), Mongols (Ghengis Khan), Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire, et al. Most of the people in Europe were white then too.

They didn't call it 'colonization' but those who conquered, occupied, and changed the culture of what became modern day Europe included the Persians (twice), the Umajjad Caliphate (Muslims), Mongols (Ghengis Khan), Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire, et al. Most of the people in Europe were white then too.
LOL!

You're learning, keep at it

History shouldn't be messed with
No it shouldn't and still your claim that all first nation tribes fought for the confederacy is inaccurate. If you want to talk about the civil war, first nations also fought for the union. So...

I guess in dumbfounded land they didn't teach you Natives sided with the Confederacy

I know my history, you don't
I knew that native americans owned slaves and fought for both the north and south. That the government used Native American scouts in wars against native american nations. None of these things excuse what whites have done. It is that simple and this constant attempt to shift blame is just an example of a part of the white population who demands that everybody else but them take responsibility for their actions.

And thank you. Because that leaves nearly 498 Nations that did not side with the confederacy.

While nobody was pacifists, the first people did not float over to another continent believing they had right to that land.
You speak like all races are of virtue and love. It's sickening. All races have a bloody history. White people were just the most advanced or used their advancement to spread around the world. No one even knew the Western Hemisphere even existed at one time. Even those who may have been there earlier from Europe.

Whites did it. Indians did it. Muzzies did it. Blacks did it. Asians did it.
But the only ones still hated on is whites. How racist of everyone.

There is no equivalency of the first peoples' fighting each other in comparison to the colonizers' onslaughts from Europe.

But, as Powhatan said, "Oh my, do we want those white boys' toys!"

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
There is no equivalency of the first peoples' fighting each other in comparison to the colonizers' onslaughts from Europe.

But, as Powhatan said, "Oh my, do we want those white boys' toys!"
Yes, because we were much better at it. Where was equity back then? :heehee: :dunno:

I knew that native americans owned slaves and fought for both the north and south. That the government used Native American scouts in wars against native american nations. None of these things excuse what whites have done. It is that simple and this constant attempt to shift blame is just an example of a part of the white population who demands that everybody else but them take responsibility for their actions.
What a lot of people don't realize is that a lot of those 'slaves' weren't slaves at all. They were poor black people seeking refuge from persecution in the south. The Natives let them live and work on the reservation. Blacks and Natives had a kinship against a common enemy.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
What a lot of people don't realize is that a lot of those 'slaves' weren't slaves at all. They were poor black people seeking refuge from persecution in the south. The Natives let them live and work on the reservation. Blacks and Natives had a kinship against a common enemy.
Exactly. My great gradmother on my moms side was in a situation like that in the south. Her parents were part of a cherokee tribe. These guys make disingenuous claims, purposefully leaving out critical facts. This is just like the blacks owned slaves tale.

Forum List

Back