California Woman Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated

She might go to prison.
Why? Blasphemy is no longer a crime, is it?

No meathead because of this:

"18 USC § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

18 USC § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

Where do you get blasphemy from this situation? On second thought, never mind...:eusa_eh:

...“Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

The above is not a threat. It is a hypothetical musing.

Maybe it will snow in Honolulu tomorrow.
I will make it snow in Honolulu tomorrow.

See the difference?

Da Boss is Da Boss. See what I mean. I would have fired ever if she had said something like that about Romney or Obama.

What's wrong with you bozos?

I support the company's right to fire her just as much as I would support its right to fire a worker for wearing their pants a foot below their waste, or for refusal to hire a disabled person to a job that requires physical ability beyond what the person is capable of.
I believe in the rights of private corporations to employ whoever they want. If I disagree with their hiring practice, I am free to take my business elsewhere.

so now they want to protect workers from their employers?

ge they just cant keep their memes straight

Well this should PLEASE you ObamaBots, she lost her job for expressing her feeling about the Dear Leader

after all this IS OBAMA'S AMERCIA

and how DARE SHE

She's lucky she only got a visit from FOX. I'd expect the SS to pay her a call. They don't go for that kind of stuff, no matter who's president.

Saying that maybe Obama will be assassinated is not a Goddamned threat!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? Because some idiot OP titled the thread as such you automatically think it's true?!

Secret Service Investigating Turlock Woman’s Facebook Post | KTXL FOX40

I think her comments may not have been a direct threat but I am not truly versed in the law enough to know if she broke the law.

People discuss potential assassinations all the time. I do not however personally like her choice of words. Our country and people should rise above this crap. I didn't like it when Bush was at the receiving end of it and I do not like it when Obama is. He is our President and is so as the result of a fair election. People need to smarten up and grow up.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Because some idiot OP titled the thread as such you automatically think it's true?!

I think her comments may not have been a direct threat but I am not truly versed in the law enough to know if she broke the law.

People discuss potential assassinations all the time. I do not however personally like her choice of words. Our country and people should rise above this crap. I didn't like it when Bush was at the receiving end of it and I do not like it when Obama is. He is our President and is so as the result of a fair election. People need to smarten up and grow up.

I will say it. I am an American citizen though I do not live in the US. Obama might be assassinated. There, I've said it. If I have broken the law I am sure there is enough of a trail with US intelligence to find me. My location is no secret.

Having said that, I think her "******" comment was in poor taste, but not illegal. Still, that and the rest of the comment are both protected by the First Amendment. I don't know that much about law, but this I am quite sure of.

that is trash.

everyone who threatened Bush was treated the same as now

Unlike you I do not know everyone who has threatened any President so I can't make that statement.

Your link waas a hack site which gave no proof of their claims

It was applicable to the discussion. Presidents get threats and some that may be called threats but are not legally so. Many we never know if they are investigated or their outcome.

Bottom line it is a people thing, not a partisan thing, the threats that is. Who can be sure how impartial the investigations may be?

A wiki list

List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will say it. I am an American citizen though I do not live in the US. Obama might be assassinated. There, I've said it. If I have broken the law I am sure there is enough of a trail with US intelligence to find me. My location is no secret.

Having said that, I think her "******" comment was in poor taste, but not illegal. Still, that and the rest of the comment are both protected by the First Amendment. I don't know that much about law, but this I am quite sure of.

I think she was dumb for stating the obvious in print but if the law allows her to say what she said so be it. Her other comment was just a tacky comment that reflects more about her than the President.

and did her employer have a right to fire her?

Well you know the whole "is what you say on FB a fireable offense" is yet another discussion, don't you think?

This is what I have read:

Turlock Stone Cold Creamery dismissed the employee after 20 people called to complain that she used a racial slur on Facebook about the president, and that she mused about a possible assassination plot during his second term.

LINK

Forum List

Back