Campbell soup shuts down in Canada moves to good ole USA

Campbell Soup Closing Toronto Factory, Shifting Production to U.S. – True Pundit

I just wish chobani would move outta Idaho
Nonetheless employment does a lot for self esteem of an individual
Bad news for Toronto and no change for the US--the article you posted says the existing personnel in the existing US factories where the production is being shifted will handle the work.

So this thread is about Canada losing job rather than US getting any new ones...

I wonder will Canada have a big party when all the solar jobs are lost....

For the Canadians on this board here is some good news:
Trump promised he'd save Carrier jobs, but they're headed to Mexico

Doesn't look like winning but more like celebrating others losses...

Geez, I hope Campbells won't go out of business. I can't cook without Cream of Mushroom and I love a cup of Tomato on a cold day.

Democrats incoming to minimize this as a nothingburger in 3...2...1...GO!

It's minimized by the facts:

"The move will result in 380 job cuts in Canada, with factories in North Carolina, Ohio and Texas picking up the slack, Campbell said Wednesday. But it won’t translate to many new U.S. jobs. Existing workers will handle the increased soup volume, meaning employment gains will be “minimal,” according to Thomas Hushen, a company spokesman.

“This is not about politics or geography -- this was a business decision based on the realities of the market and the limitations of the Toronto facility,” he said. “It is the oldest plant in the Campbell network and, due to its age and size, cannot be retrofit in a competitively viable way.”"

Campbell Soup Is Shifting Canadian Production to Its U.S. Factories

Campbell Soup Closing Toronto Factory, Shifting Production to U.S. – True Pundit

I just wish chobani would move outta Idaho
Nonetheless employment does a lot for self esteem of an individual
It's crazy how things like this, that regularly happen all the time and are completely unchanged since Trump's election, are being sought out and reported on as if they'd never happened before. You'd think Campbell's, or Ford, or Carrier, etc. had never operated in the U.S. until last November.

"The move will result in 380 job cuts in Canada, with factories in North Carolina, Ohio and Texas picking up the slack, Campbell said Wednesday. But it won’t translate to many new U.S. jobs. Existing workers will handle the increased soup volume, meaning employment gains will be “minimal,” according to Thomas Hushen, a company spokesman.

“This is not about politics or geography -- this was a business decision based on the realities of the market and the limitations of the Toronto facility,” he said. “It is the oldest plant in the Campbell network and, due to its age and size, cannot be retrofit in a competitively viable way.”"

Hours & salaries for Americans increase. Tax revenues for the US increase.

AND AS PREDICTED you nuts tried to minimize it lol

Bread Crumbs!

Bread Crumbs I tell you!

Bah Humbug!

scrooge-3-e1292863995749.jpg

Hours & salaries for Americans increase. Tax revenues for the US increase.

AND AS PREDICTED you nuts tried to minimize it lol
Revenue's were under Obama's budget and tax system. Next year's going to be an entirely new system. If Trump spends as much as he's asking for, after gutting taxes for the rich and big corporations, expect a bigger 1 year increase in the deficit than Obama could ever have dreamed of.

And I don't know how accurate you hours and salaries comment is, as the GDP rose at 2.3% last year.

Geez, I hope Campbells won't go out of business. I can't cook without Cream of Mushroom and I love a cup of Tomato on a cold day.

They closed the plant because it was so old and would have cost too much to retrofit

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
It also said Campbells is having a slump because people perceive canned soup as too processed.

Tax cuts are always good for business and the well-being of the country, tax increases are always bad for the country and suck for business...
fact

Now if the President can convince Chrysler to move the 300c production back home, Trudeau will roll over on NAFTA.

Forum List

Back