Campus Police Chief Put On Leave After Student Outrage For Liking NRA And Trump Tweets

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
Campus Police Chief Put On Leave After Student Outrage For Liking NRA And Trump Tweets

"Hect’s excitement was short lived because soon after, students investigated his Twitter account, finding a few conservative-leaning tweets that he “liked.” Two tweets were from the National Rifle Association, one wishing followers a Merry Christmas and one stating, “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.” Other tweets were from President Trump discussing the border wall and the government shutdown."

but the right are the fascists ones.

our educational system needs an enema.

That's where we are. We've created an entire generation (or more) of hyper-sensitive campus neurotics.

"The event "hosted tension and tears"

There is the problem, a bunch of tender snowflakes need to grow the fuck up

That's where we are. We've created an entire generation (or more) of hyper-sensitive campus neurotics.
and people cow down to them.

"Hect told the audience that “when [Trump] did something that I thought he did well,I wanted to like [the tweets] in hopes to lead to more good behavior,” adding that he does not support Donald Trump overall.

Hect also apologized for liking the tweets that mentioned building a wall, calling it “a huge mistake.”"

like what you want and stand up for it. if you support trump - DO IT. don't let people scare you away from how you feel. the reason they keep doing this shit is because it works. man up and tell them to bugger off.

"Hect told the audience that “when [Trump] did something that I thought he did well,I wanted to like [the tweets] in hopes to lead to more good behavior,” adding that he does not support Donald Trump overall.

Hect also apologized for liking the tweets that mentioned building a wall, calling it “a huge mistake.”"

like what you want and stand up for it. if you support trump - DO IT. don't let people scare you away from how you feel. the reason they keep doing this shit is because it works. man up and tell them to bugger off.

Yup. I would have told the twotts to kiss my ass and stuck by my statements.

Yup. I would have told the twotts to kiss my ass and stuck by my statements.
i would have found a donation fund for the wall and donated to it during the meeting.

I have a feeling there is more to this story. I certainly hope so. At any rate, it is not the fault of the students here; it is the fault of the administration of the two colleges for letting the lunatics run the asylum.

I have a feeling there is more to this story. I certainly hope so. At any rate, it is not the fault of the students here; it is the fault of the administration of the two colleges for letting the lunatics run the asylum.
at this point there's blame all around.

so someone tweeted something you wouldn't. don't like. don't support.

so what? who made this an issue? the student did. fail 1.

the admin took them seriously and made an issue out of it. fail 2.

the officer more or less apologized and backed down. fail 3.

just because someone is whining doesn't mean actions need to be taken other than they can stop at any time.

just because someone is whining doesn't mean actions need to be taken other than they can stop at any time.

1 becomes just some snowflake whining if 2 and 3 hold the line.

I know. That is why I wonder if there was more going on here. There must have been some "tension and tears" among the administration, as well. Universities are absolute cesspools of dirty politics, you know. I don't mean left and right--just people crawling all over each other to reach the top of the pile. Either people in the admin who never wanted the guy in the first place grabbed this excuse and managed to run with it, or there is more behind this decision.

I know. That is why I wonder if there was more going on here. There must have been some "tension and tears" among the administration, as well. Universities are absolute cesspools of dirty politics, you know. I don't mean left and right--just people crawling all over each other to reach the top of the pile. Either people in the admin who never wanted the guy in the first place grabbed this excuse and managed to run with it, or there is more behind this decision.
agreed. i am a bit quick to simply "believe" the things college aged kids may do and that isn't always fair.

from what we do know - it's just olympic level stupid and if we really are this bad, that ain't good. but yea, maybe someone is using this "cover" to get something else done.

agreed. i am a bit quick to simply "believe" the things college aged kids may do and that isn't always fair.

from what we do know - it's just olympic level stupid and if we really are this bad, that ain't good. but yea, maybe someone is using this "cover" to get something else done.
Smith has a reputation of being pretty far left, so who knows. I live on a different planet from those folks, apparently.

Smith has a reputation of being pretty far left, so who knows. I live on a different planet from those folks, apparently.
at times i think we all live in our own worlds. :)

No, that's not what I meant at all. I hear from people here all the time that in the cities and the suburbs, in other states, people are just plain nuts. Maybe they're lying to me. Who knows.

No, that's not what I meant at all. I hear from people here all the time that in the cities and the suburbs, in other states, people are just plain nuts. Maybe they're lying to me. Who knows.
hard to say if we're just seeing extremes and commenting on that, or if it's a real "epidemic" of stupid.

when someone says something stupid we tend to dogpile and assign said stupidity to anyone on "that side" as if everyone on one side or the other feels the same. while i don't discount the stupid these days, i'm not sure if it's any more or less than it used to be or just far easier to show the world and scream STUPID than it ever was before.

Not just neurotics. Think which way they lean and their continued quest to wipe anything conservative from the US.

Not just neurotics. Think which way they lean and their continued quest to wipe anything conservative from the US.
unfortunately this behavior is being reinforced by giving them what they are whining for.

Forum List

Back