Campus Police Chief Put On Leave After Student Outrage For Liking NRA And Trump Tweets

I have a feeling there is more to this story. I certainly hope so. At any rate, it is not the fault of the students here; it is the fault of the administration of the two colleges for letting the lunatics run the asylum.

This story is also on other media sources, and unfortunately, this is it. He was literally placed on leave because of fascist students unwilling to relent on their refusal to accept someone whose opinions differ from theirs.
This is also not the first time such a thing has happened.
And this is where we are as a nation.
smh
Since when do the students choose the head of Public Safety?
I don't agree with flinging around the term "fascists" though.
i think they're more spoiled into usually getting their way. in my opinion we've coddled this round of youth not because we wanted to harm them but because we wanted the best for them. we just lost sight of what "best" was really focused on.

we live in an extreme time where people can't talk at a low level. we must shout, we must use the most emotionally moving words and we must be right or the world is wrong.

not a bright moment in mankinds history.
In my day, we passionately opposed Nixon, the Vietnam War, etc. etc. Universities were taken over by student activists. Things were pretty tense then, too. And look at us now.
lol
yea, when i look history - i look at that time period and see a lot of similarities. that's why i'm not going into a tizzy or panic on it as i do think we'll correct before long and come back to middle. what honestly scares me the most is once we got done fighting we gave birth to disco.

i can't do disco again.

I have a feeling there is more to this story. I certainly hope so. At any rate, it is not the fault of the students here; it is the fault of the administration of the two colleges for letting the lunatics run the asylum.

This story is also on other media sources, and unfortunately, this is it. He was literally placed on leave because of fascist students unwilling to relent on their refusal to accept someone whose opinions differ from theirs.
smh

Why not agree?
Fascism is, by definition, organized suppression of opposition and opposing views.
That is exactly what the students did.
Because fascism caused the murder of millions of people in the last century and we should not use that term lightly to abuse our political opponents. Same with the term "nazi." These are a bunch of college students allowed to have their head. Like you never heard of young people being passionate about their beliefs. Lighten up.
But The Nazis and Fascists spied on their political opponents and weaponized the government and agencies against their political rivals.
It's not our fault The Democrat Party chose to do this and branded themselves as NAZIS AND FASCISTS, is it?

No.

There will be a severe reckoning for these people, and that train is already headed down that track.
Someone get this guy a bib.

smh
i think they're more spoiled into usually getting their way. in my opinion we've coddled this round of youth not because we wanted to harm them but because we wanted the best for them. we just lost sight of what "best" was really focused on.

we live in an extreme time where people can't talk at a low level. we must shout, we must use the most emotionally moving words and we must be right or the world is wrong.

In my day, we passionately opposed Nixon, the Vietnam War, etc. etc. Universities were taken over by student activists. Things were pretty tense then, too. And look at us now.
lol
yea, when i look history - i look at that time period and see a lot of similarities. that's why i'm not going into a tizzy or panic on it as i do think we'll correct before long and come back to middle. what honestly scares me the most is once we got done fighting we gave birth to disco.

i can't do disco again.
No! It would not be good for the country. LOL

smh

lol

Not the same.
You guys were opposing a war that had highly questionable motives, no win in sight, the government was repeatedly lying what was happening, and no outcome where we would "win".
This is over a guy "liking" two Trump tweets.
See the difference?

smh

lol

Not the same.
You guys were opposing a war that had highly questionable motives, no win in sight, the government was repeatedly lying what was happening, and no outcome where we would "win".
See the difference?
i would think she's referring to the overall climate, not specific events repeating.

that's the difference i see.

smh

lol

Not the same.
See the difference?
Iceberg and I had moved from the particular--the Smith students--to the passionate dislike by some of our President and the current direction of the country.

smh

lol

Not the same.
See the difference?
i would think she's referring to the overall climate, not specific events repeating.

What is interesting to me, is how did a group of kids (from the 60's and 70's) who became very mistrustful of the government, very much wanted the government out of their lives - become people who bacame a government that enacted the largest (and worse) liberal social programs in history?

smh

lol

Not the same.
See the difference?

What is interesting to me, is how did a group of kids (from the 60's and 70's) who became very mistrustful of the government, very much wanted the government out of their lives - become people who bacame a government that enacted the largest (and worse) liberal social programs in history?
they didn't like the government at the time. in their mind they're changing it to be a better government. not like every other mindset doesn't do the same.

lol

Not the same.
See the difference?

they didn't like the government at the time. in their mind they're changing it to be a better government. not like every other mindset doesn't do the same.

Making sure we are talking the same thing... the liberal social policies of the 1960's - mid 80's was created by the very same people that were "anti-establishment". These anti-establishment people enacted policies that created larger and more powerful establishments.
And what was the result?
The deep corruption we have today.
Who could have guessed?
And what will this millennial government look like? So far pretty damn bad.

lol

Not the same.
See the difference?

Making sure we are talking the same thing... the liberal social policies of the 1960's - mid 80's was created by the very same people that were "anti-establishment". These anti-establishment people enacted policies that created larger and more powerful establishments.
And what was the result?
The deep corruption we have today.
Who could have guessed?
And what will this millennial government look like? So far pretty damn bad.
depends. we survived their push at the time and did they really destroy everything? seems every admin along the way has had a hand in that. i don't believe in 1970 they said "hey, lets cater to the hippies and give them more control." quite the opposite - i think they were ignored at the time much like now. have a protest, go braless for a few days (i love those days) and get in the street screaming the world must be a better place.

in time they moved on and the country did as well. i don't put that as ground zero for the crap we've got going on today. i do believe as normal in a "power structure" one side keeps taking more and more until it breaks.

we *are* at a breaking point of some sort or fashion today.

now, while i can point to the "snowflakes" out there i can also point to my nieces and nephews who are of that age and work their asses off to survive in a world they didn't create. the impact we feel from this are jobs shifting to more service related (uber, door dash, wal mart pick up / delivery) and other industries are going to shift because of the habits of this generation.

for example, millennial's rent more, buy later. i read a story how this is killing the "starter homes" and could have an impact on things. ok, so people rent their houses now vs. sell them. i can name 3 of my friends who rent houses for at least a side job. they adapted to the business needs out there.

capitalism i suppose.

is it any wonder the youth coming out today don't want what we're handing them? high debt, bad foreign relations, corrupt governments and the like? would you welcome that as a hand me down from your parents?

i think in time they will grow up. things like fake news, screaming for headlines and the like, well they're nothing new, we just see them faster. don henley - dirty laundry was all about negative news. "we sure could use a little good news today" - ann murray was it? early 80s?

25+ years later we're bitching about the same things.

to me that tells me far more things in our lifetime are more universal than we give them credit for.

in all that light - no i don't think the millennial's will destroy our gov any more than we destroyed it under our own watch.

smh

Why not agree?
Fascism is, by definition, organized suppression of opposition and opposing views.
Because fascism caused the murder of millions of people in the last century and we should not use that term lightly to abuse our political opponents. Same with the term "nazi." These are a bunch of college students allowed to have their head. Like you never heard of young people being passionate about their beliefs. Lighten up.
But The Nazis and Fascists spied on their political opponents and weaponized the government and agencies against their political rivals.
It's not our fault The Democrat Party chose to do this and branded themselves as NAZIS AND FASCISTS, is it?

No.

There will be a severe reckoning for these people, and that train is already headed down that track.
Hitler used the liberal playbook to a tee.

smh

Why not agree?

No.

Hitler used the liberal playbook to a tee.
when obama was elected there were kids in school singing his praises and told to do so. these days when a child wants to do a report on trump being their hero, they're told no. while this isn't a blanket thing all over the world it does happen and when a teacher blocks a child from doing that, they need to go.

teachers teach - not tell.

she is 100% spot on. Candace Owens - you go girl!

Campus Police Chief Put On Leave After Student Outrage For Liking NRA And Trump Tweets

"Hect’s excitement was short lived because soon after, students investigated his Twitter account, finding a few conservative-leaning tweets that he “liked.” Two tweets were from the National Rifle Association, one wishing followers a Merry Christmas and one stating, “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.” Other tweets were from President Trump discussing the border wall and the government shutdown."

but the right are the fascists ones.

our educational system needs an enema.
Orwell tried to warn us about today's Democrats.
Thought-Police.jpg

"Hect’s excitement was short lived because soon after, students investigated his Twitter account, finding a few conservative-leaning tweets that he “liked.” Two tweets were from the National Rifle Association, one wishing followers a Merry Christmas and one stating, “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.” Other tweets were from President Trump discussing the border wall and the government shutdown."

Orwell tried to warn us about today's Democrats.
View attachment 255329
the thought police they live inside of my head!!!

The fascist left-wingers on the march! Down with free speech!

Forum List

Back